No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's how I feel about Kansans in the midwest...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
      image.png

sometimes you wonder why israel just doesnt pack up and move elsewhere--they are so literally surrounded by arabfocks its just going to be one generation after another going after them
      Let's think about this position. It fundamentally ignores that the interests of Zionists were recognized in 1917 following the end of WW1. The Arabs didn't like that arrangement established by the Balfour Declaration, which, should be pointed out, called for the safeguarding of Palestinian interests. The state of Israel was formally established by the Israeli Declaration of Independence on 14 May 1948, and was admitted to the United Nations (UN) as a full member state. There are states in the Muslim world that don't recognize the existence of the Israeli state. This has set up the constant state of tensions between those states that recognize Israel (165) and those that don't (28).

The current conflict is nothing more than the failure of (faux) diplomacy leading to the continuation of it by war. TBH, the military wings of the various Arab organizations in the ME never really tried to reach agreements and when solutions were offered, these governments rejected them. The rise of Iran as an antagonistic Muslim state that seeks the elimination of Israel and US presence in the ME is a central figure in assessing responsibility for Hamas' terrorist attack that sparked the war - and, make no mistake, this is a war with escalating characteristics and involvement of US forces in the ME.

It appears that the Axis of Resistance is making good on it's promise to expand the conflict by opening a northern front out of Lebanon and attacking US bases in Iraq and Syria. Reports indicate that the IDF entered northern Gaza on Friday night/Saturday which prompted calls by Hamas for Palestinian militias in the West Bank and Lebanon to join the fight against Israel including attacks against Israeli settlers that both Iran and Hamas have identified as "legitimate targets."

IDF spokesman are being secretive about the extent of the Gaza "invasion" - neither the military or political figures are calling it that. They do articulate that the goal of the military operation in Gaza is the destruction of Hamas as a fighting organization and the infrastructure that supports Hamas military and political operations. Air attacks are pummeling specific areas in northern Gaza and claim that Hamas is using civilians as shields for their command and weapons storage; for example, under one of Gaza's main hospitals. The IDF has made it clear that civilians should evacuate to the south as they are threatened by remaining in areas that are targeting Hamas. Hamas and Iran calls for civilians to stay arguing publicly that staying makes it harder for Israel to carry out "genocide" and "ethnic Cleansing" of the Palestinian people. This is the usual lying to frame an anti-Israel, antisemitic narrative by these fucks

Netanyahu has told Israels to prepare for a long and costly war. In my view, the press continues to feature the loss of life inside Gaza and global protests by supporters of the Palestinians calling for a cease fire in its reporting. I would assume the overall goal of these protests is to wrongly paint Israel as the aggressor when Iran and Hamas are undeniably responsible for the outbreak of war in the ME. That is something the Mullahs have sought to precipitate for years if not decades. There is some chatter that gulf states, particularly Qatar, seeking to avoid a wide spread ME war, may be pressuring Iran to back off and the US not to get more heavily involved. We'll see.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Just this morning, Palestinian Red Crescent in Gaza has been told that it should immediately evacuate Al-Quds hospital as the IDF is going to bombard it. Pretty clear that Israeli Intelligence knows that a major Hamas HQ and weapons/ammunition storage is located under the hospital and within the web of tunnels there that the IDF is going to destroy.

You will continue to hear accusations that the IDF is mercilessly attacking civilians and a hospital in northern Gaza. Never mind the truth - this is a Hamas hardened HQ who are committing war crimes by using human shields to ward off air attacks. The Israelis' are speaking the truth. Keep it up. It's not hard to see what's going on and separate it from the lies promulgated by Hamas, and Iran then augmented by the press that doesn't give a shit about the truth.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• There's a clear difference between the sides. One may not be the true white hats, but the other is objectively horrific. And it's a pretty wide gulf.

Criticizing Israel is fair. Criticizing Israel to justify Hamas is disgustingly dishonest.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Quite a conundrum. Hamas needs to be destroyed, but to do that will take many Palestinian lives. How to get out of this terrible situation without making Israel look bad while most of the world and media on the side of the Palestinians. I'm sorta going with retreating by Israel and concentrating on special forces to try to eliminate Hamas one at a time if necessary.

a long drawn out war will only exasperated the ME conflict. Easy for me to say as Isreal lost 1300 citizens but something has to give and it never is the Muslim side.

Comment

• Small targeted strikes are out the window. Hamas fucked up good this time and their tunnel network and infrastructure will, and should, be eliminated.

If I’m Israel I’d never turn the water and electricity back on. Let the Arabs figure it out.

Comment

• And we're finally seeing where all that European "building supplies" aid goes when its shipped to Gaza. Especially the building supply aid from Turkey.

Its supposed to be used for building schools, hospitals, housing, etc. Instead, Hamas gets ahold of it and builds underground bunkers and tunnels into Israel to be used for terror attacks.

Peaceful coexistence is all they want .... yep..

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well. the terrorists - that would be, Hamas, their controllers and Putin are experts in shaping a narrative to suit ther strategic goals. The press augments it. Social media inflates the value of the messaging. It's a huge weakness of liberal democracies to effectively counter. I'm not sure enough folks living under liberal democratic governments understand the threat to their existance posed by authoritarians.

Comment

• They don’t. We’re fucked.

Comment

• Early voting numbers are running slightly ahead of the August special election in the Big 3 Counties. Could be a good sign for the pro-choice, pro-marijuana crowd but we'll see.

Ohio Democratic-stronghold counties exceeding early voting expectations for November election - Ohio Capital Journal

Comment

• Oh, it's passing -- my only quesiton is by more or less than the August amendment was rejected. And, of course, will the people who screamed "DEMOCRACY IS DYING!!!" when the Supreme Court returned this issue to the people to, you know, vote on -- will they acknowledge hoe blindingly fucking stupid they are?

Comment

• I told my wife -- and probably anyone on here who listen -- when Dobbs came down that Ohio would enshrine the right in its Constitution within two year and then you'll be way better off because you won't ever have to worry about who is sitting on the Court. This was about as obvious a course of action as I could imagine.

Now, I do expect the Ohio Supreme Court to construe ambiguous language (and there's lots of it) -- very narrowly. They'll pare it back wherever they can, but the fundamental right isn't going anywhere.

Comment

• They really may expect to lose because here's DeWine sounding desperate, promising voters they'll relax the six week ban if they just reject Issue 1 first.

Of course, he really can't control any changes to the law. The legislature largely ignores him. And they've shown no willingness to budge. Instead they tried to make it virtually impossible to change the Constitution.

As Ohioans vote on Issue 1, DeWine hopes to thwart it by promising to relax six-week abortion ban | The Statehouse News Bureau (statenews.org)
                            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; October 30, 2023, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• I wonder what happened here. Planning a mass shooting and then just killed himself instead?

Colorado man found dead in Glenwood Adventure Park was heavily armed, armored, and carrying explosives (nbc11news.com)

Comment

• have to check out some matthew perry movies this weekend. fools rush in , serving sara and almost heroes are all supposedly pretty good and elizabeth hurley and selma hayak were 2 of his costars. plus he got to bang julia roberts for awhile

Comment

Working...
                                X