No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I definitely get that the correct way, in your mind, is doing nothing. I mean if you’re so concerned with civilians — oops, I mean GAZA civilians — there’s nothing to be done. But your position on this has been crystal fucking clear from the jump.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Well I definitely get that the correct way, in your mind, is doing nothing. I mean if you’re so concerned with civilians — oops, I mean GAZA civilians — there’s nothing to be done. But your position on this has been crystal fucking clear from the jump.
      I have no trouble going after Hamas. What they did was absolutely wrong. They should be hunted down.

I am against committing war crimes. Am against a scorched Earth policy. I am against the rhetoric of calling everyone in Gaza "human animals" like the IDF Minister did. I am against using nukes in this conflict (unlike some Israeli forces).

I have no power over any of it. Neither do you.

But what I can see is a possibility where Israel does scorched earth on Gaza literally exterminates the population there. I can't see Iran doing that and they would call in their proxies and themsleves and go to war with Israel. Israel calls for our help and we come running. Russia uses this opportunity to really push in Ukraine and China finally goes after Taiwan. Now, the US is funding and deeply involved in 3 wars. Everyone else comes in and viola we are WW3.

The US tacked far right after 9/11. Squandered all the goodwill it had and didn't solve the problem. Israel has a chance to do better. I am not sure they will.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• 1) If Israel asks for boots on the ground we should do that?

I don't think they will. Their position will be "we got this". But, if the US is smart, they will offer air cover for any IDF ground invasion, so that the Israeli Air Force can focus on Hezbollah/Lebanon and also now Syria. The two carrier groups should be able to do that nicely.

2) if Israel wants to go openly after Iran is that okay? If Israel wants US Boots on the ground there are you down with that?

IMO, its not going to take much for Israel to take retaliatory action against Iran. Especially as more proof comes out that they're behind this whole thing. The US will have to have Israel's back if they do go after Iran.

3) Gaza has 2.2 million people in area the size of Detroit. The median age there is 19. Are you willing to provide a place for the civilians to leave to or oh well it sucks to be them?

Gaza used to be part of Egypt. They need to move in there and re-establish soverignty. It has never, ever been part of any 'palestine'. Let Egypt take care of all that. They need to step up. ​
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It’s such a low bar to clear but the Left is unable to do it.

A 2 state “solution” was offered NUMEROUS TIMES. The Palis refused every time. Why? Because they don’t want a state for themselves, they want Israel to not exist. Period. Furthermore, nobody else wants them either. Israel offered Gaza to Egypt and the said “Oh, hell no”. Israel offered the West Bank to Jordan and they said “Oh, hell no”.

Le’s not forget why the present day borders exist. When the Jews were resettled after WWII, Israel was a tiny fraction of what it is today which is roughly the size of New Jersey. They were IMMEDIATELY attacked by all of their Arab neighbors. The land they took in 1948 and 1967 was the result of counteroffensive measures. Because CLEARLY their neighbors were, and ARE, hellbent on destroying them.

Picture this scenario:

You are in a parking lot and find yourself surrounded by 7 dudes. One of them has a baseball bat and they plan to rob you. The man with the bat attacks you but you fend him off and wrest the bat from him. Maybe you take a few swings at his buddies and they all run away. Later on there’s a knock at your door and it’s the guys you just defeated. “Can we have our baseball bat back, dude?”

NO! No, you cannot have your fucking bat because the last time you had it you tried to kill me with it! The 7 guys are the Arab nations that attack Israel and the bat is the territory they took as a consequence.

Comment

• Addendum: In 2003 Israel gave them their bat back and they immediately used it to attack them. AGAIN.

Comment

• Israel is absolutely going after Hamas, they will absolutely not exterminate the population in Gaza and there absolutely will be civilian casualties.

Again, Hamas ain’t coming out to fight Israel like it’s Gettysburg. They’re using civilian shields. So if you’re actually for going after Hamas you necessarily have to accept civilian losses.

And, again, it’s Israeli civilians or Gaza civilians. It’s not zero civilians. And it’s 100% the doing of Hamas.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Sadly, I don't either but it's high time we take a hard line with Iran and not with horseshit sanctions. I'd get them on a call and say "here's a list of your facilities that will be reduced to smoldering ash unless we see hostages returning safely to Israel by noon tomorrow". They fucked around, now it's time for them to find out.
                Well, CNN is reporting that the WSJ article that said Iran was operationally involved was in error. Neither Biden nor Kirby have mentioned anything about Iran's involvement, and it is day 3 or 4.

If Biden is lying about Iran, that would be par for the course.

Ukraine and Hamas are happening because of Biden's surrender in Afghanistan.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Israel is absolutely going after Hamas, they will absolutely not exterminate the population in Gaza and there absolutely will be civilian casualties.

Again, Hamas ain’t coming out to fight Israel like it’s Gettysburg. They’re using civilian shields. So if you’re actually for going after Hamas you necessarily have to accept civilian losses.

And, again, it’s Israeli civilians or Gaza civilians. It’s not zero civilians. And it’s 100% the doing of Hamas.
                  I figure it’ll be about 10,000 casualties. They aren’t going to obliterate 2.2 million people. I’m guessing they’ll sweep in from the East and march across Gaza to the sea while rooting out Palestinian terrorists. And I don’t want to hear a goddamn thing from the apologists when the mosques and schools get bombed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Well, CNN is reporting that the WSJ article that said Iran was operationally involved was in error. Neither Biden nor Kirby have mentioned anything about Iran's involvement, and it is day 3 or 4.

If Biden is lying about Iran, that would be par for the course.

Ukraine and Hamas are happening because of Biden's surrender in Afghanistan.
                    I cannot fathom a scenario where Iran wasn’t deeply involved with the planning and funding of the operation. I would also expect this administration to bend over backwards to keep Iran out of it. I hope the Israelis take it upon themselves to bomb Iran anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      Politics in Michigan are pretty fucked up.
                      Talib is not from Michigan, she is from Dearbornistan

Comment

• "Where will the Palestinians go if Gaza is leveled," is a rallying call for the idiots who don't know the difference between good and evil and support Hamas and the Palestinian cause in the current conflict.

This isn't well known but attaching Gaza to the Egyptian Sinai Peninsula and allowing the formation of a Palestinian state there was a secret deal being negotiated not too long ago.Trump was involved ...... and for all we dislike about this guy, he had absolutely the right take on shutting down talks with Iran and "solving" the Palestinian issue."

Keep in mind these negotiations occurred in the context of Fatah and the PLO for 50+ years refusing any alternatives to a Palestinian homeland that for all intent and purpose would dissolve the State of Israel and displace millions of Jews in the process. We've known for decades that a two state solution isn't going to work. Full stop. Yet that is what Fatah from Yasser Arafat to Mahmoud Abbas have advocated for and the impasse caused by such advocacy has been replaced with Hamas terror.

The negotiations for the Sinai proposal broke down when the fact that secret negotiations were on-going got leaked. Since then Sisi has been strongly opposed to any suggestions of Palestinians being allowed to resettle in the Sinai. He's dealing with the Muslim Brotherhood (Hamas by another name) who, for the time being, Sisi has eliminated as a threat to Egypt. He doesn't want a bunch of radicalized 19 year old Palestinians at the door step of Cairo.

At this point, it is possible that the Sinai option will be reconsidered. So, Whitley, there's your answer to wear to put the Palestinians in Gaza once the city is leveled and the terrorists removed.

The Sinai.

The long-discussed plan could see most of Gaza’s population end up in Sinai, alongside millions of Palestinian refugees.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

I cannot fathom a scenario where Iran wasn’t deeply involved with the planning and funding of the operation. I would also expect this administration to bend over backwards to keep Iran out of it. I hope the Israelis take it upon themselves to bomb Iran anyway.
                          Well, the Israelis don't have the bunker-buster bombs that are needed to impact the underground fission facilities. They would probably need midair-refueling support also. I'm a lot more concerned about Iran getting the bomb than I am about their oil production. Trump's sanctions brought their economy to a halt, but Biden has not enforced the sanctions. Why?

What I don't understand is why Obama and Biden favor Iran over Israel. I always figured Obama being a Mulsum was a factor, but both administrations seem to kiss up to Iran. Jeff, do you have any insight on this? DSL, Talent?

Comment

Hamas can only perform terroristic acts with help. That help came from Iran. Iran is the biggest terroristic state in the world. The Biden Administration knows they have fucked up wrt Iran on many things...including the $6B. They have blood on their fucking hands. They will try to deflect any Iranian involvement because of this. Classic lying like we've grown used to with these clowns.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I waited 65 fucking years for the Lions to be good. They are good this year, but the life-long Lions fan in me was just waiting for something to fuck it up.

And... Here comes WWIII.

Thanks a lot Hamas, you fucking assholes.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• heh
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X