• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    THIS CALLS FOR A FIRE ALARM!!!!!!!
    Kevin McCarthy in the utility room

Airplane Oops GIF

Comment

• I hope Kev is noticing that Trump is doing jack shit to save him. Other than moan that Republicans shouldn't fight amongst themselves. Nevermind that HE attacks fellow Republicans more than anyone on the planet.

Comment

• To be clear on how absurdly stupid this is -- Gaetz, a certified idiot, is using 212 D votes and roughly 10 R votes to defeat what is roughly a 210-10 choice for Speaker amongst actual Rs. And he's doing so with no alternative in mind. It's sheer theatrics for his own aggrandizement -- aggrandizment in the eyes of whom, I'm not sure.

Meanwhile, as Mike notes, The Ds *could* -- in theory -- get absolutely clobbered on the economy. Or immigration. But, nah.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The R party is a fucking clusterfuck.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            To be clear on how absurdly stupid this is -- Gaetz, a certified idiot, is using 212 D votes and roughly 10 R votes to defeat what is roughly a 210-10 choice for Speaker amongst actual Rs. And he's doing so with no alternative in mind. It's sheer theatrics for his own aggrandizement -- aggrandizment in the eyes of whom, I'm not sure.

Meanwhile, as Mike notes, The Ds *could* -- in theory -- get absolutely clobbered on the economy. Or immigration. But, nah.
            Yeah, that's a good thing to point out. If McCarthy is saved by 5 Dem votes, Gaetz would definitely crow that he's sided with the enemy. Swamp wins again, blah blah blah. Help me fundraise till 2036! Nevermind that Gaetz needs the help of 200+ Dems for his side to win.

Comment

• There's no way the Ds are going to help McCarthy. This is self-immolation, again. Why would they throw water on the those idiots?

It'd be like some R strategist running to the stage to grab the microphone from The Chairman after he's 30 minutes deep into some rambling speech and starting to talk about how much of internal moral battle it was for him to fly the Enola Gay, but, in the end, he's glad he could serve his country and go on to help train Roger Bannister to break the 4 minute mile. God's honest truth.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It'll probably be more along the lines of 216-5 among R members if Gaetz actually pulls it off.

Comment

• "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    I hope Kev is noticing that Trump is doing jack shit to save him. Other than moan that Republicans shouldn't fight amongst themselves. Nevermind that HE attacks fellow Republicans more than anyone on the planet.
                    Everything Trump touches dies.

Comment

• 11 Republicans total against McCarthy.

He needs 5 of them to flip back (I think). Spartz already said she would. I'm pretty sure Mace will.

The remaining 9 are some hard nuts to crack.

Gaetz
                      Crane
                      Rosendale
                      Burchett
                      Biggs
                      Davidson
                      Good
                      Buck
                      Mills

Gaetz, Crane, Good, Rosendale, and Burchett are basically immovable I think. Possible a couple people flip the wrong way on McCarthy too if they think it's inevitable now.

Comment

• Pretty sure he's toast.

Comment

• Not to interrupt the real event of the day but Judge Engoron just imposed a gag order on everybody in the Trump trial, ordering them to not post about courtroom staff. Obviously aimed at Trump and his since-deleted post.

Now we return to House Republicans setting themselves on fire. We live in the stupidest of times.

Comment

• Gaetz is angry with McCarthy for keeping the govt running because almost half of the House R caucus was against that.

Meanwhile Gaetz is working against 95% of the R caucus right now.

Comment

• Gaetz is literally using the Dems' mic (Republicans aren't yielding to him for theirs) ...JFC stop the world, I wanna get off.

Comment

Working...
                              X