No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No big bank will lend large sums of money based on an applicant's opinion of the value of their assets. That's the bottom line here. The lenders were all paid back in full and on time. Who was harmed? You think large NYC investment firms don't do their own valuations? They would just take Donald Fucking Trump's word?

Hey guys, I'd like a million dollar loan and I'll put up my Timex watch as collateral. It's worth two million dollars! Bank: "OK, cool! We can't lose!"

NOPE.
    Last edited by Mike; October 3, 2023, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• It doesn't matter. Some NY state court judge is bound to get DJT.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Such a waste of time and money. It's a civil case so it's not like he's in danger of going to jail and it will be appealed to the moon and back. NY state isn't going to see a dime from this ruling.

Comment

• It's trash. It'd be nice if folks weren't so damn partisan to recognize it, but here we are. ANYTHING goes against DJT -- which, you know, sort of makes Hannibal's points for him.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Speaking of trash, had the R base given McCarthy fewer trash candidates in the 2022 midterms, he might not be in danger of being ousted.

JR Majewski, Sarah Palin, John Gibbs...woof! But the base prefers pure losers to "RINO" winners.

Based on what I'm reading about the Dem mood, Kevin's not going to be rescued by them. But we'll see.

Comment

• Comment

• I'm getting to the point where I think it's probably best for the GOP to implode, hit rock bottom, and reconstitute itself from the ashes of what's left. On issue after issue they poll better than the Ds but they are just too fucking stupid and dysfunctional to do any actual governing or win key elections. There's really no point to the party's existence in it's current form.

Comment

• Unless somebody's lying it sounds like NO Democrat will vote to prevent the vote to vacate or bail McCarthy out. Unless one of the rebels gets last minute cold feet it's not looking good for "My Kevin". Trump's conveniently in court (good timing, Gaetz) and can't be making phone call after phone call to threaten and fume.

Comment

• I think a few Rs should then vote for Jeffries handing the Speakership to the Ds with an R majority ensuring that nothing gets done in Congress. If they can't pass any bills, they can't fuck things up worse.

Comment

• I've seen the post. He's named the clerk, posted her photo, and a link to her instagram. Calls her "Chuck Schumer's girlfriend" and implies she's the one really in charge of the case against him. (She's not actually Schumer's girlfriend, they're just posing in a photo together. She's got to be 30+ years younger than Chuck).

Would any ordinary person be allowed to keep doing stuff like without consequence? Or are courts bending over backwards for this jackass to appear as "fair" as possible?​
                      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; October 3, 2023, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          BTW, I should note that the fact that NY is doing some real banana republic shit right now in no way means that DJT isn't a starking-raving made lunatic. Both can be true. And are.
                          Correct.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

That's because the assessment of rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Lincoln were obscene this past weekend.
                            Why the F did you stay there? Dumbass. Embassy Suites or Hilton Garden Inn would have been far better...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Just this very morning Trump claims that Mar a Lago is worth between 50 to 100 times what the tax assessor says. So between $1B and $2B. 5 to 10 times what the most expensive private home in American history went for. And Mar a Lago ain't a private home. It's a historical landmark and social club that carries enormous restrictions governing what you can do with the property.

Obviously he can bloviate any figure he wants in public. Putting it down on paper and accepting liability for deceit is different.
                              Again...you can claim any value you want on loan papers...it's the banks responsibility to do their due diligence so they can assess the risk.

Put it his way. If Ryan Day wants to borrow $50 from his friend HARBAUGH!!!!!!! and puts up his third base trophy up as collateral (we all know that it is worthless) but HCRD thinks it is priceless...it's up to HARBAUGH!!!!!!! to do some research before he loans the $50. Would there be some dolt Bucknutz fans that would pay cash money for that third base trophy? Well yeah...how much would these fools pay? I dunno. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Doesn't matter that the guy at the Pawn Shop...who assesses worthless crap routinely...says it is worthless...it's on HARBAUGH!!!!!!!

Hope this makes it clear.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Just one man can handle this caucus. He's tanned, rested, and ready!

John Boehner Ok GIF

Comment

Working...
                                X