No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romney will not seek a 2nd term citing the need for a new generation of leadership. I don't know what is prospects were for winning a 2nd term but he's certainly correct on the 2nd part.

Comment

• Buh bye RINO...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Romney will not seek a 2nd term citing the need for a new generation of leadership. I don't know what is prospects were for winning a 2nd term but he's certainly correct on the 2nd part.
        They were excellent prospects. Romney is much loved in Utah.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• SOS Anthony Blinken delivered a speech today with an important message for American's overly comfortable with the global state of affairs

We find ourselves at another hinge point in history grappling with the fundamental question of strategy as Nitze defined it: “How do we get from where we are to where we want to be, without being struck by disaster along the way?”

What we are experiencing now is more than a test of the post-cold war order. It’s the end of it. Decades of relative geopolitical stability have given way to an intensifying competition with authoritarian, revisionist powers.

Russia’s war of aggression in Ukraine is the most immediate and acute threat to the international order enshrined in the UN charter and its core principles of sovereignty, territorial integrity, and independence.

That last paragraph is what the Allies fought for starting in 1939 and achieved in 1945. As Blinken points out that achievement is under attack with a new set of Axis powers leading the way. It's a war of the same importance as WWII with it's first battle being fought over Ukraine's sovereignty. That battle is not likely to end anytime soon but isolating the US and the NATO Alliance from it would be a huge mistake granting Axis powers the green light to establish a new international order with authoritarian revisionists in charge.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• That last paragraph is what the Allies fought for starting in 1939 and achieved in 1945
            I don't know if that's what they fought for, but they sure didn't achieve it.

Comment

• This week in Democratting:

America's lunchroom lady and Governor of New Mexico, Lujan Grisham, declared a "public health emergency" and suspended her own state's constitution which grants citizens the right to legally carry firearms. That's right, NM amended their constitution in 2001 to allow citizens to carry either openly OR concealed. It is the law of her state and enshrined in the constitution.

She says:

There are gonna be a lot of questions about whether or not we think we have the legal rights to do that. I am sure…there will be a legal challenge, and I can't tell you that we [will] win it, given all of the different challenges to gun violence laws and restrictions on individual firearm access and control….I think it's time to talk about the absoluteness of the discussion and the current court actions that suggest that the Second Amendment is an absolute right."
              Suggest??

"No constitutional right, in my view, including my oath, is intended to be absolute," Lujan Grisham told a reporter who asked whether it’s "unconstitutional" to order Americans not to exercise their right to bear arms.
              Then what are you doing here, Luhan?

"I have emergency powers," Grisham told The New York Times. "Gun violence is an epidemic. Therefore, it's an emergency." During the press conference, she also indicated that she probably would extend the order, which she said would be lifted only if "the epidemic" of gun violence ended after 30 days, adding, "I bet it's not over in 30 days."
              Why wouldn't she? The worse abusers of individual liberty during the pandemic have never been held to account. This is already becoming a pattern.

These are the people running the country. ​ At least the sheriff in charge of the county the order would have affected and the state AG both told Grisham to pound sand since, you know, they took an oath to uphold the constitution.
              Last edited by Mike; September 14, 2023, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Yeah the AG announced he won't be enforcing her order and virtually no Dem in the country is defending her. That hack Ted Lieu even criticized her.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  Buh bye RINO...
                  He's only a RINO if you define being a Republican as being someone willing to lick Trump's balls. Which pretty much IS what being a Republican means these days.

Oh and you're no RINO, my good man
                  Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 14, 2023, 08:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Yeah the AG announced he won't be enforcing her order and virtually no Dem in the country is defending her. That hack Ted Lieu even criticized her.
                    It's so brazenly stupid that it's difficult to comprehend.

Comment

• It's left-wing pandering, for sure.

Comment

• Lot of that going around these days.

Comment

He's only a RINO if you define being a Republican as being someone willing to lick Trump's balls. Which pretty much IS what being a Republican means these days.

You don't know much about Mitt Romney, do you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I do. He's a Reagan Republican and they're mostly dead. It's now a party of kissing Trump's ass, constant culture war, and the politics of petty grievance and resentment. The serious policy people may as well just retire or become Democrats, there is no place for you in the Republican Party.

Comment

What is it called defending an inept old lying corrupt piece of shit at all costs? Asking for a fiend.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

He wouldn't know a Reagan Republican if it smacked him in his pea brain...

BTW...what would you compare today's Democrat Party to in American history? You can't. You'd have to compare it to Communist regimes abroad...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X