No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of messy weather activity in the Caribbean and GOM. Franklin crossed over Hispaniola about 12h ago dumping lots of rain and tropical storm winds in the 40-60 mph range. Franklin is forecast to become a Hurricane as it moves NNE, will pass to the west of Bermuda and models are in agreement that it will threaten Atlantic Canada but not the US East Coast.

There's a tropical disturbance hanging out in the straights between the Yucatan Peninsula and Cuba that is forecast to develop into a tropical storm. Track is really uncertain with the FL panhandle southward to Tampa, St. Pete the target area. The State of FL just declared states of emergency in 33 counties. That will get everyone's panties in a wad with local TV weather personalities issuing breathless weather forecasts. Admittedly, its hard to take 20 minutes to explain the multiple options for this low pressure system so, maybe best to get on top of the worst case possibilities that this mess will become a tropical storm and then develop into something worse threatening FL along the it's panhandle and FL's western coast.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 26, 2023, 05:29 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• FB_IMG_1693092470179.jpg
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Liberals, Progs or Democrats...same shit.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FB_IMG_1693092669291.jpg
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• AA, and others living near or in the path of developing Tropical Strom 10, which will form in the GOM next week and make landfall centered around the big bend of FL and points west and south of that area might want to follow this guy. Gives great Hurricane forecasts:

Tropical weather and Atlantic hurricane information, analysis, and forecasts by Levi Cowan.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Thanks, Jeff. Good link.

TS 10, and soon-to-be Idalia, looks like it’s more on CGVT’s path right now, but I know that can change.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• fuckin' climate change

fuckin' MAGA
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  Thanks, Jeff. Good link.

TS 10, and soon-to-be Idalia, looks like it’s more on CGVT’s path right now, but I know that can change.
                  Yep. Looks as if we are going to get some wind and rain, probably starting Tuesday.

I'm not too worried about it. As long as we're not getting a hit from the Atlantic side there won't be any storm surge to worry about.

I'll secure the bullshit in my yard and put the "nice" car in the garage just to be on the safe side.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And my primary homestead is in a suburb of B’ham. We get hurricanes this far north on occasion (for example, Ivan, Opal, and Juan, etc), but it’s pretty rare. Usually, by the time they get to us they are a tropical depression - which still takes older roofs and causes some flooding and widespread power outages.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I been following that, I have friends in the Tampa area, you never know where it will turn when it's still 800 miles out.

Michigan had 6 tornado touchdown Thursday Night, one missed my house by 3 miles. My sister still doesn't have power.

722fb9e9db37290230832de841e6b12b.jpg
                      Last edited by WingsFan; August 27, 2023, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• The San Francisco Standard
                        The San Francisco police union alleges an officer was denied service last weekend at a Reem’s California cafe at 2901 Mission St. | Source:Google Street View

The San Francisco police union put a local bakery on blast on Thursday, accusing it of "anti-police bigotry" after an employee refused to serve a police officer at its Mission District cafe last weekend.

Reem’s California said in an emailed statement to The Standard on Friday, and later an Instagram post, that it has a policy that bans firearms from its restaurants.

“In a time of increased gun violence—particularly impacting people of color, youth and queer people—we believe that maintaining a strict policy of prohibiting guns in our restaurant keeps us safer,” said Bertha Greene, director of people and culture at Reem’s California.

Reem’s Fruitvale location prompted outrage on social media in 2017 for having a mural of a Palestinian activist, Rasmea Odeh, who was convicted in Israel for a 1969 grocery store bombing in Jerusalem that killed two university students. Odeh claims she was tortured before confessing and that she was a political prisoner. She was deported from the U.S. for immigration fraud in late 2017.

In a post on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, the San Francisco Police Officers Association said an officer was denied service at the Mission Street Reem’s California because he was wearing a uniform and was told that the restaurant has a policy against serving anyone “armed and in uniform.”

“NO COPS ALLOWED. That’s the confirmed policy of the bakery chain Reem’s,” the Thursday post said.

The 2901 Mission St. cafe has been temporarily closed since at least Aug. 18, according to an Instagram post from the official Reem’s California account, which would predate the alleged incident from the police union.

A Reem's California spokesperson confirmed the incident the police officers union tweeted about.

"[It] was a polite interaction between our staff and the police officer, where our staff member explained Reem's policy, and explained that all officers are welcome to come to the establishment when they are unarmed and/or off duty," Greene said. Reem's California also has a location in the Ferry Building in San Francisco. | Source:Garrett Leahy/The Standard
                        A customer at Reem’s Ferry Building cafe said he supports the policy.

“I fully support businesses that do that,” said Oakland resident Kye Ocasio-Paire, who is Black and said he has been threatened and followed by police. “I’m deeply triggered seeing a cop in uniform.”

The San Francisco Police Department said in an emailed statement Friday that "while businesses have the right, within the constraints of the law, to decide who they will and will not serve, the San Francisco Police Department remains steadfast in its commitment to meeting the public safety needs of ALL residents, businesses and visitors to our city no matter who they are."

The police union has called out local businesses before. In November, SoMa’s Pizza Squared drew the union’s ire after a cashier refused to serve police officers. The Detroit-style pizza shop later fired the cashier.

Reem’s California, founded by James Beard-nominated chef Reem Assil, operates two restaurants in San Francisco and a kitchen in Oakland.​
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Good luck when you get robbed dipshits.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• On the political scene in the war between Russia and Ukraine, there is quite a bit of anger being expressed publicly by several groups in Russia over Prigozhen's most certainly assassination. Among Putin supporters in Russia, only 10% of polled citizens think Putin ordered the assassination. The number of Russians pointing a finger at Putin is likely much higher. Few pro and anti-war Russians are willing to talk openly. Of those polled 28% believe the crash was staged.

In Ukraine, ISW is reporting increasing evidence of breakdowns in Russian command structures with junior officers complaining their superiors, who they allege are responsible for tactical failures, are deflecting blame on them. Accordingly, these junior officers are getting relieved and being charged with the many decrees of insubordination Putin has engineered. Some of the Irregular forces under the command of the Russian MoD fighting in Ukraine are refusing to carry out orders.

The impact of all of this on the front lines is not yet evident but ISW assesses the breakdown in command structures will catch up with and spoil Russia's ability to coordinate combined arms and lateral movements of units to priority points to defend on the FEBA at the tactical level. Although ISW isn't speculating and you won't here detailed reports from Ukrainian military sources that the increase in tactical gains of Ukrainian forces is a reflection of a breakdown in C&C being experienced by Russian forces. These forces are already degraded and likely fighting at as low as 30% of effectiveness. Some of the degradation is due to Ukraine's strategic campaign of striking rear areas that contain logistic facilities and weapons stores. It's clear that Ukraine is winning the artillery duel with more tubes, more ammunition and better counter-battery fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                              Good luck when you get robbed dipshits.
                              Yet people like this are the ones who pull out their phones, to video when a black person is being roughed up by a white person. Who are they going to send the video to? Who do they expect to go after the attacker? A neighborhood organizer? A family psychologist?

The answer is they want the cops to enforce THEIR laws and rules, but want them to butt out in everything else.

Keep voting for prog/libs, San Francisco. You'll finish the job of destroying your city very soon now.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• They've already destroyed it.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X