No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somehow, about 25 years ago, someone decided that EVERY single starter gig or McJob out there should allow the worker to have a “livable wage” and be able to fully support themselves on five 8-hour shifts without any other extra hours, revenue streams or second jobs.

Never before in history did we expect every single job to provide someone complete self-sufficiency working just five 8-hour shifts. There have always been starter jobs (paper routes, stuffing envelopes, working fast food crew member jobs, etc) where if you had some kind of hard luck story and HAD to support yourself or a family, you knew you might work the drive-thru at McDonald’s five mornings a week, but you were also gonna have to cut grass or deliver pizzas in the evenings to make ends meet.

But noooo, someone started preaching that every single McJob should be able to be fully self-sufficient and have nice things on that McIob alone and never have to have side gigs or overtime to make ends meet a d it was as ridiculous then as it is now, but it’s seeped into the societal consciousness so much that we just accept it as fact.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Wings, I just Googled it late last night but I think it may have been data from a few years ago prior to Bidenflation. I see the average is now $717 for a 1BR.

Average Fair Market Rent in Michigan. The average Fair Market Rent for a two-bedroom home in Michigan is $904 per month.

From the link you provided:

For example, if you’re planning to rent in Detroit, the median rent for a one-bedroom is $680. According to the 30% rule, your monthly wages should be at least $2,266.66 a month or an annual salary of $27,200.

Which underscores my point.

But to Whitley's original question, any able-bodied man that can't put a roof over his head needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Comment

• Some look inward for solutions; some look to the Government.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Those darn election deniers....

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Is that why these people were so mad??

Comment

• Lest we forget...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...esters-n889531

Government drops charges against all inauguration protesters

WASHINGTON — Federal prosecutors on Friday moved to drop charges against the last 39 people accused of participating in a violent protest on the day of President Donald Trump's inauguration.

The motion to dismiss charges by the U.S. attorney's office seemingly ends an 18-month saga that started with the Justice Department attempting to convict more than 190 people.

That effort saw the government facing off against an intensely coordinated grassroots political opposition network that made Washington the focus of a nationwide support campaign — offering free lodging for defendants, legal coordination and other support.

Comment

• lol

Trump's legal advisers urge him to cancel press conference to refute Georgia allegations: Sources - ABC News (go.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Lest we forget...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...esters-n889531

Government drops charges against all inauguration protesters

WASHINGTON — Federal prosecutors on Friday moved to drop charges against the last 39 people accused of participating in a violent protest on the day of President Donald Trump's inauguration.

The motion to dismiss charges by the U.S. attorney's office seemingly ends an 18-month saga that started with the Justice Department attempting to convict more than 190 people.

That effort saw the government facing off against an intensely coordinated grassroots political opposition network that made Washington the focus of a nationwide support campaign — offering free lodging for defendants, legal coordination and other support.
                  Democrat administrations punish rioters. Republican ones set them free. Heh heh heh

Comment

• Comment

• Yep. Trump tried to play nice. Never works.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• BIDENCRIMESYND.jpg
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "I was gonna lay the whole plan bare! We had all the evidence but my stupid lawyers won't let me share it with you! It completely exonerates me, too! You would have loved to see all the beautiful data we compiled that showed some people in Georgia did something."

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Some look inward for solutions; some look to the Government...
                            ...that likely contributed to the mess you're in to begin with.

Comment

• Does anyone else find it odd that every Trump indictment followed serious new findings about Biden's bribery scheme?
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

...that likely contributed to the mess you're in to begin with.
                                Cradle to grave baby!
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X