No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I appreciate his service...but he is a loon.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This happened to us Friday night, about 10 miles south of here. My son was about 5 miles away. No damage here.

Perry has been hit a couple times in the past 10 years or so. Its getting to be a regular tornado alley.

"Damage reported includes extensive tree damage, trees on homes and some damage to downtown buildings," The National Weather Service reported.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Hope you all are ok liney.

fuckin' climate change
        fuckin' MAGA
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• SBF had his bail revoked

Comment

• I wish I could revoke your right to breathe...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
              Most disappointed in JB. He is a loon, but I always knew that.Needs to go on another cruise and stfu. And it kills me to say this because he is a war hero- or thats what everyone tells me.
              Probably closer to a Joe Manchin moderate. I'm no loon as that description has been assigned to several posters here.

Is this largely false characterization of my politics a result of the link I posted to the John Chait article? If it is I suggest going back and reading the article. It's central point is that powerful people find clever ways to behave unethically without breaking the law. Chait adds that in the current political environment that notion has shifted away from bad behavior and toward criminality.

Does anyone here dispute that notion. Geezer, in his "Jeff that is nonsense" post, missed that point and went on to rail about the innocence of Justice Thomas and then shifted to the risks of the D's court packing. I chose not to respond as we are correctly viewed here as two old fools trying to keep up. BTW, I don't believe Justice Thomas acted criminally but his behavior is emblematic of this emerging grey are of unethical conduct that boarders on criminal save the reality that there are no laws dealing with ethical breaches and maybe there should be (another one of Chait's points).

In Hunter Biden's case, it is my understanding that other than the two misdemeanor crimes he allegedly committed, he has not been charged further. Maybe the special council will find he acted criminally but until that is "proven up" I'm reluctant to pile on. Doesn't mean I don't share the view here that he is an unethical shit bird. He is but acting unethically and acting criminally are two different behaviors the later only alleged at this point..

Look, I wrote in that post I'm generally factually uninformed about the controversy that surrounds Joe and Hunter Biden and that goes back to Joe's and Hunter's activities with Burisma. That's mainly because I see it as typical political theater that has characterized America's politics in increasingly harmful ways over the last decade. I'm not convinced by memes; I'm convinced by facts. I'm convincible with regard to the Biden family shenanigan's being criminally unlawful if shown indisputable facts that support such an allegation.

Now, all of you, STFU.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Sticking to something I know about ...... for the first time in the last several iterations of ISW's usually excellent evaluations of the Russian Offensive Campaign in Ukraine, there's some meat in there. First, the Russian's are making "progress" in the NE in the Kupiansk direction. This is an area - including the city of Kupiansk - that quickly fell to the Russian advance in February '22. The Ukrainians retook the city in a quick strike that netted most of the territory within the Kharkiv Oblast during that summer. Russian command is hoping to pin down Ukrainian forces in the NE so they cannot concentrate combat power in the SE.

ISW assesses that the Russian command has pulled resources - they call it lateral reinforcements - from defensive positions to the SE along the 1000km front most notably from the area where the Ukrainians are making the most progress in Bakhmut and the Melipitol/Sea of Azov direction. That is facilitating the retaking of previously occupied territory - not a lot of it but, reportedly significant amounts of it, including what is described by Ukraine as an encirclement of Russian units in Bakhmut. Why this is telling according to ISW is because it signals a lack of Russian reserves. Normally in combat operations commanders will rotate units using reserves to replace a rotated unit. Russia instead is making lateral transfers of currently engaged units to different parts of the front. A sort of musical chairs.

Strategically, Ukraine is exhausting Russian combat power at the front while at the same time heavily and relentlessly attacking Russian rear logistics that would otherwise feed combat operations along the front. We may be seeing the early negative impact of that on Russian objectives - holding on to the territory they occupy in eastern Ukraine including the Donbas, Kherson Oblast and to the south, Crimea. Here's a video of today's cruise missile attack on the Kersh Straights bridge - part of Ukraine's interdiction campaign.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• For those of you thathave posted here your dislike of US billions going to Ukraine, I'd ask you to pay attention to the evil that is Valdmair Putin's aggression there. The western press has been, IMO, overloaded with reports of the human cost - the civilian component of it - of the intensity of missile attacks on Ukrainian cities the targets within them of no military value. There's a reason for that as it sickens and convict to action westerners who understand the risks to global security and peace that Putin represents.

While the Russian propaganda machine spits out disclaimers that they are attacking civilians - video that gets posted on line suggests otherwise. Clearly, the intent of these attacks is to weaken resolve. The Wapo had a piece yesterday that claimed support for the war was waning. I'd like to think it isn't but this is Putin's MO. For the entirety of his presidency he has started 4 wars that involved the pulverizing of whatever boarder state of the former USSR was the target du jour. That's his intent in Ukraine. That kind of evil needs to be stopped if not for humanitarian reasons then for the national strategic interests of the west.

Here is a video of a calm, adult voice directing children to air raid shelters as the city of Kyiv -Ri comes under missile attack. The gathering was of first graders picking up school supplies and back-packs for the upcoming school year. You can see the fear in these kids faces. Allegedly, this gathering was targeted and fits a pattern of Russian target selection that features large gatherings of civilians to inflict harm on them in their dastardly effort to make the west stop providing arms and for Ukrainian support for the war dwindle. So, far that hasn't happened but the increasing doubt about the value of such support, questioning it has the potential to produce a win for Putin - the worst outcome possible. Don't be a part of that.

Comment

• image.png

Also another viewpoint on climate change

liked what tim scott has to say in iowa--basically trump ideas without the drama

Comment

• Well none of youse Progs gonna git Wizzie down today...my youngest daughter graduated from UNL today with her degree in journalism...and she is as conservative as me...so it's off to Fox News...or the NY Post...or Washington Times for her! No more college tuition for me...I'm FREE!!!!

Not even a loony post from JB or CGVT could get me down today...

STFU
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Attorney General Merrick Garland has appointed David Weiss as special counsel to investigate Hunter Biden...and in other news...Mayberry officials announce that Deputy Barney Fife has been appointed as the lead investigator into improprieties of Sheriff Andy Taylor of the Mayberry PD...barney fife.jpg
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• In other news...The US Maritime organization has appointed Gilligan to look into mistakes by the Skipper re: the crash of the SS Minnow...gilligan.jpg
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            Well none of youse Progs gonna git Wizzie down today...my youngest daughter graduated from UNL today with her degree in journalism...and she is as conservative as me...so it's off to Fox News...or the NY Post...or Washington Times for her! No more college tuition for me...I'm FREE!!!!

Not even a loony post from JB or CGVT could get me down today...

STFU
                            Congratulations - I had 4 of those moments.

Now, leave me alone and cease from grouping what you perceive as my politics with the likes of CGVT and DSL.

Comment

• Thanks JB.

sorry
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Congrats, Wiz. Both of my boys got their college degrees, and it was a proud day for the whole family.

I hope your little girl gets the position that she really loves.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X