Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Consumer confidence hits highest level since July 2021. Voters are increasingly pleased with the economy.

Don't tell that to the wildly out of touch conservatives of this forum though. Shocking that consuming nothing but conservative media could warp your sense of reality. It’s the Great Depression out there folks, don’t let actual data fool you.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/07/25/e...uly/index.html
    Yes things are slightly less shitty than the depth of the Covid lockdown...

BIDEN BOOM!!!!
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Word is Mitch is fine. He’s an octogenarian and needs to retire, though. If I had to guess, probably a TIA.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        Word is Mitch is fine. He’s an octogenarian and needs to retire, though. If I had to guess, probably a TIA.
        Just curious if you’ve seen the video and have an idea what happened.

I remember when Ron Paul had a stroke during an interview a few years ago and that was MUCH worse to watch than what happened today but it was still very awkward.

Comment

Hunter Biden is extremely important to swing voters and Independents.

Just kidding, they don’t give a shit. They want to hear about policy. And Republicans (most of them) are too fucking stupid to give them that.
          Yes and if "Bidengate et al" was perpetrated by Trump & Co. I'm sure the left would say...."America doesn't care...nothing burger really..."

LMAO
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yeah. He definitely short circuited for a bit.

I am surprised that they let him come back out.

I had a TIA a few years ago. Spent a few days in the hospital and it took about a week before I got my balance back. My BP was out of control. I had lost a lot of weight and my BP went down so they took me off the meds, I put some weight back on and didn't restart the meds. Everything checked out OK. I check my BP religiously now and make sure that I take my meds.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Just curious if you’ve seen the video and have an idea what happened.
              Yes. Like I said in the post of mine you quoted, I think it likely a TIA. A transient ischemic attack. Laypeople often call them “mini strokes” - although they are commonly benign but can be warning signs of a real stroke down the road.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Talent -- what is your opinion on Issue 1 and how are you going to vote on it?

I'm leaning pretty strongly towards a yes. I was surprised when I found out that it only takes a simple majority of votes in the state for a Constitutional amendment, and even more surprised when I found that almost every other state does it this way.

Comment

• I will of course be voting no as it's being cynically rushed through in a desperate attempt to keep abortion protections out of the state constitution. In a vacuum I would probably be okay with requiring 60%.

I am not okay with requiring signatures from 5% of the voters in every single county to even appear on the ballot. Currently you only have to get 5% in 44 out of 88 counties. That's enough. More than that is obviously pushing the power towards the smallest, rural counties once again at the expense of places where people actually live.

Comment

• I can understand that reason for not voting for it, but I'm still inclined to vote yes because it should be difficult to modify the constitution.

Comment

• GDP grew 2.4% in the 2Q, beating expectations. Four straight quarters of growth now.​

GDP Q2 2023: (cnbc.com)

Look I ain't saying things are great but inflation has been significantly tamed. We're 1.0% away from what's considered normal, healthy inflation. Unemployment is still very low. Consumer confidence is on the rise. I don't think Biden is responsible for any of it, but reality is reality. We're not in recession. Stop trying to make recession happen.

The US is benefitting right now from most other developed economies around the world suffering their own slowdowns or have become basket cases (the UK).

Comment

• I think you have to look at inflation in cohort year groups, not isolated points within a timeframe. Aren’t we at close to an 18% inflation increase cumulatively since 2020? I mean I’m glad it’s slowing, but that plus interest rate hikes (another one is coming) makes the last 3 or 4 years hard on many Americans. Most posting here are probably okay, though.

Attached Files

Comment

• Like I said...spin it any way you like...if you really want to toot your horn...hang your hat...shout from the mountain top...on your economic success.....PLEASE DO.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well in the most recent inflation report I believe wages had actually risen faster than inflation. People get used to the new norm. It's what happens.

In the last consumer confidence report confidence was up amongst all income groups too, even the poor. People "feel" like things are getting better. Because they are.

In today's GDP report business investment shot up a lot. That's a sign businesses are optimistic too.

Comment

• The elephant in the Bidenomics room...is that consumer debt is at an all-time record high...and with interest rates at a 22-year high...that ain't good...the governemnt can just print money to get out of debt...but we can't...well...legally that is...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Well in the most recent inflation report I believe wages had actually risen faster than inflation. People get used to the new norm. It's what happens.

In the last consumer confidence report confidence was up amongst all income groups too, even the poor. People "feel" like things are getting better. Because they are.

In today's GDP report business investment shot up a lot. That's a sign businesses are optimistic too.
                                Yes. It’s good news. It doesn’t erase or undo the recent years’ massive leaps in inflation Americans have suffered, though. But it’s a start. Hopefully it will continue and the purchasing ability losses from the last few years will continue to trend in a more positive manner.

Comment

Working...
                                X