No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ann Arbor looks to emulate San Francisco's law enforcement policies. I'm sure it will all be fine.

In an effort to prevent racial profiling, police in Ann Arbor won't stop drivers for windshield cracks or other reasons unless there's a risk of harm.

Ann Arbor police won't stop drivers solely for minor offenses

Council Member Cynthia Harrison said she introduced an ordinance to change the emphasis of traffic stops.

“The vestiges of white supremacy remain embedded in our police forces, and Black and brown people continue to be disproportionately targeted," she said.

Comment

• Worry free...unless you are a white dude...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So, IOW, the AA police are assuming that POC are much more likely to commit minor traffic offenses than white people?

Sounds kinda "racist" to me.

Comment

• Its an example of "let me get the splinter out of your eye", while the one trying to do so has a log in their own eye
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It's not racist if it hurts Whitey.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Just remember...Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• “The vestiges of white supremacy remain embedded in our police forces, and Black and brown people continue to be disproportionately targeted," ......
                Of course they are disproportionally "targeted." Traffic law, civil and criminal law violators are also disproportionally "Black and brown." I'm preaching to the choir here. I know this, but, let me provide an example:

Here in the Tri-County of S FL, that is comprised of Monroe, Broward and Miami Dade Counties, a search of the available public and official data bases that keep track of law breaking​​ (after the courts adjudicate them - this is the only place you will see race of the perpetrator identified) produces a clear picture of "black and brown" people "disproportionally" running afoul of the law. The reasons for this are not just that more "black and brown" people live in the Tri-County regions than Caucasians. Although not exactly shocking for tri-county residents, minorities make up 62.5 percent of South Florida's population, with 40.4 percent of resident identifying themselves as Hispanic, 19.7 percent as black, 2.2 percent as Asian and 0.11 percent as American Indian. Only 36.16 percent of residents are white.​ What you have here in S FL is a large number of AAs breaking the law completely out of proportion to the racial mix of them.

The local press loves to talk about "Spring Break" in Fort Lauderdale and Miami Beach and the drinking and partying that gives rise to criminal conduct. Most of us here who grew up in the Midwest probably still see spring break as white college kids heading to FL to have some Rickey Nelson style 50s fun. That's long gone.

The current batch of "Spring breakers" are a characterization, wrongly assigned, to large gatherings of AAs at restaurants and on streets that front the S FL beaches. They are not gathering to enjoy the sun, sand and waves. They are there to drink Hennesy, get drunk and start fights mostly among themselves. After a serious shooting episode involving AAs 3 years ago, the last two years have seen heavy police presence during the period when most colleges actually have a spring break - these aren't your typical college students coming into town, acting badly and getting apprehended by police. There are some but they generally behave and steer clear of large gatherings of AAs. That's because many of these AA "spring breakers" are armed, aggressive and aggrieved and guns and alcohol don't mix. But, public officials can't call this fact out..... they are, after all, just "spring breakers."

Public officials also can't talk about this disproportionate distribution of "black and brown" people breaking the law and committing crimes. Instead we get the fucking bull-shit I quoted above from them. It's not just Ann Arbor. This kind of shit is happening everywhere. Blacks demand equality? First, their leadership needs to stop bashing law enforcement, ditch the equity mantra and work to create the infrastructure that mitigates all of the social issues that are endemic in AA communities and are underlying reasons for a breakdown in social order and the law breaking that follows.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• FB_IMG_1688758269690.jpg
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• bwhaha

anyway more of an issue is how many times their stories keep changing. Press secretary says one thing. others saying something else.....

https://babylonbee.com/news/dc-polic...at-white-house

little disconcerting bag of cocaine being found by the situation room...

image.png

kinda has a biden look to him
                    Last edited by crashcourse; July 7, 2023, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Who gives a fuck?

Nothing Fucking Burger
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Of course it is. Always is a nothing burger when done by a lefty.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FB_IMG_1688768249756.jpg
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• rawImage.jpg
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• For once I agree with CGVT.

Comment

• Whether it turns out to be a "Nothing Burger" remains to be seen...but I'm sure that the investigation will not be honestly shared with the American people regardless...but imagine if coke had been found in the Trump WH...I'm sure CGVT and the rest of the Progs would be going nuts...maybe it would be less of a potential situation if this administration had any integrity or honesty at all...people wouldn't be so skeptical.

I'm sure it's just the plumber or electrician that had a baggie of coke that slipped out of their work bag...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X