Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Did they storm the beaches at Normandy so that 3 generations later a bunch of perpetually aggrieved reactionaries could decide that, akshully, the Nazis were right about a good many things?
    Well, their Highways were pretty good. So were their rockets.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      Pride Month is over.

How did you fuckers survive without turning gay?

I guess they'll have to try harder next year
      I’ve always thought being gay was fine. I’ve never been sold on being “proud” of what turns you on sexually, though, with parades and whatnot to celebrate. But whatever. It’s not a thing with me. I’m fine with it. To me it’s no one’s business - from the government, to employers, to neighbors - what kind of consenting adult behaviors DSL and Talent engage in (no matter how cringe-worthy and deviant).
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Well, their Highways were pretty good. So were their rockets.
        Well that and at least it’s an ethos.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I’ve always thought being gay was fine. I’ve never been sold on being “proud” of what turns you on sexually, though, with parades and whatnot to celebrate. But whatever. It’s not a thing with me. I’m fine with it. To me it’s no one’s business - from the government, to employers, to neighbors - what kind of consenting adult behaviors DSL and Talent engage in (no matter how cringe-worthy and deviant).
          This.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• stfu
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

It comes down to this: If you need to mandate, to the point of intimidation and extortion, that people celebrate you, then your real problem is much bigger than what you are celebrating.

Comment

• Wiz - Check your Leviticus. Man shalt not lie with tractor.

Comment

• Also Wiz -

"And they called it puppy love
                  Just because we're, we're seventeen..."

Comment

Talent,

An interesting take on “The Road” as a parenting book:

https://www.thecut.com/2023/06/corma...ting-book.html
                    I think The Road is simple — from Cormac himself—he looked at his sleeping son, born very late in Cormac’s life, and started writing. It’s a father’s love for his son and his fear of what will happen when he’s gone (tracking with Cormac’s life) and is, ultimately, optimistic in its two most important things: the son remembers and “talks” with his father and survives. Because even Cormac, who had the likes of The Judge and Chigurh “win” — couldn’t bring himself to that future with THIS story. That’s the soul of the book. Nothing more.

So, I don’t read anything into the post-apocalyptic journey of horror other than it’s a setting which amplifies the core messages.

Maybe my favorite piece of McCarthy prose ever is “Each the other’s world entire.” Five fucking words combined in a way only CM could and conveying the entire core of the narrative with breathtaking efficiency.

Your boy Faulkner can’t touch that class. You Mississippi fucktwat moron.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Wow....just wow. I mean I gave you a chance to reconsider your words and like DJT you doubled and tripled down on the racist crap and try to cloak it with "scientific" facts. The last part you spewed was the same crap that Dodgers GM Al Campanis got fired for on his Nightline interview back in 1987. That is how racist that shit is. Here is a pertinent clip from that interview

Coinciding with the 40th anniversary of Jackie Robinson's Major League Baseball debut (April 15, 1947). Campanis, who had played alongside Robinson and was k...

I hear your "argument" throughout history. It is the argument that justified the Jim Crow laws, anti-semantic laws and behaivors. It is the argument that those in power use to justify in keeping the people below them down.
                      You are pretty protective of your "victim" status, aren't you? It is not your failure, it is the system.

I said "This doesn't mean that the next black person you meet is going to be unintelligent, or that the next Chinese person you meet will be smart. As you say, these are Macro, bell curve, statistics for large samples from the three races."

What you say is simple propaganda you have been "taught". It is divorced from actual scientific research on IQ for the three races. Like so many other leftists, you believe how you "feel" is determinative of scientific truth. Why do you figure IQ differs so greatly by race?

I accept that all persons are of equal value. That is a religious concept, a Christian concept. Most people accept that. You're right, great harm has been done by racists, most recently in the news by racists giving preferential treatment to black college applicants. The US should be race-neutral, and the SC promoted that this week.

Why don't you want race neutrality?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

It's been quite obvious that progs do not like the United States and hold it in contempt. Kanter is spot on about traveling to some actually shitty countries. It's a shame that Cloud wants to uphold racial discrimination in the United States. We should be past that nonsense but the victimhood mentality simply runs too deep in too many people.
                        Yup. In a recent poll, only 18% of respondents 18-34 viewed considered themselves "patriotic". The problem is in the school system and the Teacher Unions.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I think The Road is simple — from Cormac himself—he looked at his sleeping son, born very late in Cormac’s life, and started writing. It’s a father’s love for his son and his fear of what will happen when he’s gone (tracking with Cormac’s life) and is, ultimately, optimistic in its two most important things: the son remembers and “talks” with his father and survives. Because even Cormac, who had the likes of The Judge and Chigurh “win” — couldn’t bring himself to that future with THIS story. That’s the soul of the book. Nothing more.

So, I don’t read anything into the post-apocalyptic journey of horror other than it’s a setting which amplifies the core messages.
                          As a pretty latecoming father myself, I TOTALLY get that. But not everybody does. The author of the linked article does provide a different dimension. I can see that too. Reading the comments, however, where they ignore the point and flat out accuse her of "child abuse" are straight out of NPR. These people don't get it at all .

Comment

• Would there be any objection to me killing DSL?
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

It comes down to this: If you need to mandate, to the point of intimidation and extortion, that people celebrate you, then your real problem is much bigger than what you are celebrating.
                              This ^^

Professional sports teams/leagues are being threatened by activists who demand that their sexual choices be celebrated.

What for?

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Pride Month is over.
                                Is it really? When you hear Pride what do you think of? Not what you thought of 5 years- ago.... and we will hear that P word a million more times in the next year+

Are all the Pride events done? Till next year?

Comment

Working...
                                X