Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    You are out of order. Sir.
    You sure were angry last night. What'd you have? Two Busch Lites and a Mickey's before bed?

Comment

• The railroad case made for some strange bedfellows. Gorsuch wrote the opinion and was joined by Thomas, Alito, Sotomayor, and Jackson. Dissenting: Barret, Kav, Roberts, and Kagan.

Comment

• No Busch Lite...I think they were Yuengling or some chinese shit...anyway I lost count once the jousting show started...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Moore v Harper is out and it's good for those of us who wanted the "independent state legislature" theory taken down a notch.

Thomas, Gorsuch, and Alito in dissent. Appears at a quick glance they wanted the case simply tossed as moot but Roberts & the others decided no half measures here.

"The Elections Clause does not vest exclusive and independent authority in state legislatures to set the rules regarding federal election."

21-1271 Moore v. Harper (06/27/2023) (supremecourt.gov)

Comment

• If this lickspittle still doesn't have a local lawyer by July 6, assign his dumb ass a public defender. Enough with the disingenuous delays.

Walt Nauta: Trump aide has arraignment rescheduled after flight canceled due to storms | CNN Politics

Comment

• I am bringing forth a vote to censure DSL...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The homeless issue is much worse in DC now. Much. Also, people openly smoking pot in the portico of the Jefferson Memorial (and virtually every street corner and open air monument) was kinda surprising.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• When in Rome...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The “medical” marijuana procedure in DC is pretty laughable. You fill out an online survey, pay $30 and get a one month pass to buy pot from a dispensary.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Did you get some good stuff?
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The NYTs released an online article just now that describes, in a convincing manner, that Prigozhen was "cornered" (described as "outfoxed by some) and his mutiny was over-reach brought about by panic at becoming irrelevant and the inflated view he held of his importance. The NYTs describes several overtures that Prigozhen made to both Putin and Shoigu starting at the end of May and first 2 weeks in June. The overtures were not made public and it is likely they didn't appear in the MSM because they couldn't be vetted. It appears that Putin said, "nyet" and from that moment on Prigozhen and Wagner were sidelined. As a result of his declining influence with Putin and Putin's apparent siding with the MoD and Shoigu, Prigozhen started releasing these emotional outburst, taped on video and released on his Telegram channels, where he was viscously critical of the the Russian MoD, making wild claims about the Russian Army and Airforce bombing his garrison forces. The NYTs described him as "obstreperous." In the final analysis, he lost and Putin won.

Russian history is full of inside political intrigue, conflict and attempts by various Russian political characters to leverage power and influence with Russian leadership. These go as far back as Czar Nicholas. The Wagner crisis will go down in Russian history as one of these kinds of events. From a historical perspective, I find it fascinating now that Prigozhen's behavior from the time he "victoriously" left Bakhmut - all of that withdrawal characterized as a return to base camps for R&R - has been put into context. The reality was that his organization was being defunded by Kremlin apparatchik who were canceling lucrative contracts with his business operations likely on orders from Putin.

We were painted a picture of rebellion, mutiny and chaos inside Russia when in fact, the events subsequent to Russia's "capture" of Bakhmut related to Wagner PMC and it's boss my have been choreographed by Putin with Prigozhen a convenient dupe. This take is more consistent with how Putin operates than how he has been described in the west as appearing weak. Putin's problems in Ukraine with the pursuit of his maximalist goals is that his Army is getting hammered trying to defend what they occupied, suffering significand man-power and personnel losses that Russia's industrial base and human resources can't seem to replace at present. That may change but ISW analysts think it won't - the Russian public may get tired of Putin's war in Ukraine and the massive deaths of young Russian conscripts before the western public does. Not withstanding that Putin has more bombs and bullets than the Ukrainians.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I’m not necessarily anti-pot. I don’t partake, but I guess firing up at monuments and memorials seemed odd - just as if someone set a cooler by one of the columns of the Lincoln Memorial and started shotgunning beers. I would think that odd, too.

Comment

• Yeah...well you didn't have to stare at me like that...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              I’m not necessarily anti-pot. I don’t partake, but I guess firing up at monuments and memorials seemed odd - just as if someone set a cooler by one of the columns of the Lincoln Memorial and started shotgunning beers. I would think that odd, too.
                              Right, and add to that it'd be weird to see someone smoking a cigar right there and dropping ashes everywhere. Or in a cemetery for that matter.

Comment

• You guys are probably the type of people that get pissed when I scratch my balls on a flight too...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X