No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shit-storm in Ukraine at the tactical level continues. It is a constant exchange of territory in the range of 1-2 square kms. None of the advances or retreats can be confirmed. Analysts suggest there are three Ukrainian attack axis - along the Kreminia line, around Bakhmut and in the southern region from Zaphorizia towards Crimea, the later being the axis having the most success. Reportedly, Ukrainian reserves have not yet been committed to any of the three axis suggesting that the southern axis towards Crimea could be the most likely primary attack axis. The Russians are being credited with (1) learning from past mistakes and (2) Defending in doctrinally sound ways. Casualties on both sides are reportedly high. Outcomes are unknown - other than analysts predict a continuation of the shit-storm at the tactical level for months if not years.

On a strategic level, I've framed the Ukrainian conflict as a battle to replace the current world order and domination of that order by western democracies with the major axis nations governed by autocrats and dictators seeking to replace it and diminish the dominating western influence. After WWII there were three economic institutions established: The UN, the IMF and the WTO. Of the 3, the IMF has enormous powers to influence global economic development and trade outcomes with the WTO not far behind the IMF in influencing global economic outcomes.

Recently Antonio Guterres, Secretary General of the UN, called for more - I'll call it equity - balance of power within the organs of the UN, in particular the security council. He alleges that the post WWII centers of power, mainly the wealthy democratic nations of the west, should give way to "developing nations" - in actuality, the fucked up and mostly corrupt governments that have ruined the economies of their countries and sought bailouts by the IMF - Argentina and South Africa are perfect examples. The axis powers of China, Russia, Iran and NK, also have aligned national objectives of replacing the current world order as it is defined above with a multipolar one that diminishes the impact of western social liberalism on governance and economic outcomes. Putin's wooing of the governments of African nations is a diplomatic move to align Russia with global trends to give these fucked up nations "equitable access" to the levers of power. Screw that idea. Make no mistake. Russia and China aren't interested at all in advancing the interests of African and to a lesser extent Asian countries. Their interests lie solely in advancing their economic and military power and diminishing that of the US and the EU. Both are just riding the available horse and the UN is stupidly facilitating it - shocking, I know.

The right horse to ride on if one has any interest in furthering American (and EU) military, economic and political interests is the one that conclusively demonstrates that conduct demonstrated by Russia and Putin in Ukraine will carry costs so high as to be too risky. China is watching.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah, I’m not sure how anyone can watch the link I posted above and go, “Yeah, he is as sharp as a tack, he is in possession of a sound mind, and should be elected again.”

And I am not just talking about how he butchers every fact and detail about the “brace” he tries to recall. It’s his speech, his mannerisms, and his apparent struggle to form basic thoughts and turn those thoughts into words.

He’s not well. He’s not of sound mind. The Democrats need to stop foisting this facade of competency. There should be sharp, competent candidates at the head of each ticket and we’re gonna end up with Biden-Trump II.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I "liked" Talent's post just to spite AA...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Yeah, I’m not sure how anyone can watch the link I posted above and go, “Yeah, he is as sharp as a tack, he is in possession of a sound mind, and should be elected again.”

And I am not just talking about how he butchers every fact and detail about the “brace” he tries to recall. It’s his speech, his mannerisms, and his apparent struggle to form basic thoughts and turn those thoughts into words.

He’s not well. He’s not of sound mind. The Democrats need to stop foisting this facade of competency. There should be sharp, competent candidates at the head of each ticket and we’re gonna end up with Biden-Trump II.
          Usually once people reach this state of decline the symptoms quickly worsen. There’s a good chance he’s not on the ticket. We’re still a year and half out from Election Day.

There’s a reason Newsom is “warming up in the bullpen”. I heard that bullpen phrase somewhere but don’t remember.

Comment

• Wiz,

It doesn’t spite me, my friend. Please continue. I kid about them, but I’m really just poking fun. I think they are a cliquish FaceBook thing and I detest FaceBook. One makes a strong argument or point (or not) and a chorus of SkaterBoy69 or TaylorSwiftFan “likes” -or absence thereof- means nothing. George Washington didn’t write the Gettysburg Address and nail it to the front door of the White House for “likes” and if that’s good enough for him, it’s good enough for me!
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Usually once people reach this state of decline the symptoms quickly worsen. There’s a good chance he’s not on the ticket. We’re still a year and half out from Election Day.

There’s a reason Newsom is “warming up in the bullpen”. I heard that bullpen phrase somewhere but don’t remember.
              Newsom. Ouch. His stances on the border, and electric cars, alone would be devastating. America as a “sanctuary country” and trying to shoehorn in electric vehicle mandates by 2030, well, I would prefer not to think about it on this already depressing day.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                Wiz,

It doesn’t spite me, my friend. Please continue. I kid about them, but I’m really just poking fun. I think they are a cliquish FaceBook thing and I detest FaceBook. One makes a strong argument or point (or not) and a chorus of SkaterBoy69 or TaylorSwiftFan “likes” -or absence thereof- means nothing. George Washington didn’t write the Gettysburg Address and nail it to the front door of the White House for “likes” and if that’s good enough for him, it’s good enough for me!
                I "liked" your post just to spite you AA.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

I "liked" your post just to spite you AA.
                  I’m at peace with whatever you post. Be well, my friend. Truly.

Comment

• What's the angle here...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FB_IMG_1687104256041.jpg
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• George Washington didn’t write the Gettysburg Address and nail it to the front door of the White House for “likes” and if that’s good enough for him, it’s good enough for me!
                        He didn't leave it on the front door of the WH.

He left it on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.

geez... where would you be without me proof reading your posts ....
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• stunningly lucid
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Peyton Manning's in my backyard eating a huge plate of baked beans and having a conversation with an imaginary dog. When I asked him to leave he just points at me and yells "Omaha! Omaha!".

Comment

• Is that a dream you had?

Comment

• …because I took a semester of dream interpretation and I don’t want to tell you are gay (but you are gay).

Comment

Working...
                                X