Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

A tiny percentage of earners paying for almost everything is not a sustainable tax system. It’s reckless, dangerous, and doomed to collapse.
    The highest tax rate under Eisenhower was 90%.

Maybe we should go back to that?

You know. "Make America Great Again" and all that bullshit.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Screenshot 2023-06-03 11.17.21 AM.png

Election 2020 Hello GIF by Joe Biden
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• CGVT,

Effective tax rate is a completely different issue. (But here is a nice breakdown on how that might be overstated: https://taxfoundation.org/taxes-on-t...950s-not-high/ and https://www.usnews.com/opinion/artic...e-in-the-1950s ).

What I’m saying is this: A nation of people not paying taxes, dependent on a tiny group at the top to keep the bills paid, will collapse. I’m certainly not arguing against a progressive tax scheme; rather, I’m saying the numbers who pay nothing or who actually gain tax dollars through Earned Income Credit, must not continue to increase. No reasonable person can honestly argue otherwise.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It's all window dressing and b.s. anyway. The left love their aristocracy ways and billionaire lifestyles while clamoring in vain to "tax the rich " and "pay their fair share". Fact is the filthy rich in America still never pay taxes like other countries. Still waiting for Biden's making over 425,000 to pay more taxes... and Bezos paid zero taxes again last year. Of course in America you can write off enough to never pay taxes. The rich know that and the working class and middle class get stuck paying far more.

Comment

• 1st, as the Left said when Trump touted job growth, those numbers are because of McJobs!

2nd, the “growth” was due to the ending of the pandemic, not some legislation that Biden pushed through.

Finally, yes, we have to be happy that people are returning to work. It’s a good and needed thing.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Finally, yes, we have to be happy that people are returning to work. It’s a good and needed thing.
              Key word is 'returning'. The job growth is not new jobs created by The Chairman and The Party. The jobs were there before, during and after the pandemic. Workers are returning to the jobs that were there before the pandemic.

The Party and The Chairman don't believe that us ordinary folk can figure that out.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

The thing is, Bocephus (don’t even know if you know who that is) was right. As you get older, “the hangovers hurt more than they used to.”

I used to be able to power through 10 or 12 hours at work with a hangover with nothing more than aspirin, coffee, and breakfast foods as a remedy. Now, work isn’t a concern, but 48 hours of stomach issues and a pounding head has me hesitant.

Also, preemptively addressing Wiz, yes, maybe I am becoming a puss.
                Becoming? No. You are a puss.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Mister Sandbag hasn't created shit...other than misery.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FB_IMG_1685808860910.jpg
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• What’s crazy about the national debt is that it was $10.9T when Obama took office. So for the first 230 years or so, the U.S. ran up a tab of $10.9T and in the last 14 years we’ve ran up an additional $23T.

Comment

• Yep
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• In short: the percentage of folks whose bracket has them paying zero taxes (or they actually get money from the few tax payers in the form of EITC and the Child Tax Credit (CTC)) has gone up exponentially since the 1950’s. A strong economy becomes a weak economy with a dwindling base of effective payers - especially as entitlements and social services go up.

Comment

• Doing the golf. At the driving range. Fuck it’s hot.

Someone remind me to never listen to CGVT again. I could have AC and an impending hangover before I suffer through Guardians of the Galaxy.

Comment

• You get what you deserve
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X