No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberals sure do get awfully upset about people wanting to stop a phenomenon that they claim isn't happening.

"Child grooming isn't real and I hate you for trying to stop it". -- CGVT

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence?

Yes. They will be the downfall of the country. Good Lord.

Jesus. You fuckers have bought into the culture war bullshit lock, stock and barrel.

Probably not something you want on your resume when your interviewing to be assistant to the traveling secretary of nuclear energy or whatever Biden hired him to be.

but it checked a box just like rachel levine does. Screw who can do the job best we need to hire all the colors of the rainbow no matter how inept they are at their jobs

Comment

• This is another person Biden hired...who me must "accept"...sam brinton.jpg
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence?

Yes. They will be the downfall of the country. Good Lord.

Jesus. You fuckers have bought into the culture war bullshit lock, stock and barrel.
          I've bought into the importance of culture war bullshit. I know it offers no high ground for the Left to fight from these days but cultural rot is a serious problem, IMO. Maybe I overstate it's importance but as an example, what's the first thing you hear when a new coach/manager/owner takes over a failing sports team? "We need to change the culture (for the better)". Look no further than the detestable Detroit Lions. They've been trying for decades because they know theirs' is a losing culture which invariably leads to more suck.

I'd much rather our culture be shaped by people who view the United States admirably rather than those who outwardly disdain it.
          Last edited by Mike; June 1, 2023, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• I’m fine with lampooning religion. Hell, I champion it, but I would personally respect the Dodgers a lot more if after the the comedic Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence act -which mocks the Pope and Catholicism- they had a group of comedic Imams mocking Mohammed and Islam (as the article posted by Talent yesterday suggested).

They won’t, though. They would never DREAM of it.

I absolutely love mocking, comedic sass, but I truly hate that we have evolved into a society that holds certain groups above (comedic) insult due to real fears of protests, riots, and with Muslims, overt violence.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Monte Python made a living lampooning religion...as did George Carlin...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Biden falls. He’s doddering.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The only thing more pathetic than that...is knowing the next in line is Giggles McKenzie...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    In this article he is pointing at the Russian sandbag that tried to take him out. BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME, IVAN!

Joe Biden takes hard fall at Air Force Academy commencement ceremony (nypost.com)

Comment

I’m fine with lampooning religion. Hell, I champion it, but I would personally respect the Dodgers a lot more if after the the comedic Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence act -which mocks the Pope and Catholicism- they had a group of comedic Imams mocking Mohammed and Islam (as the article posted by Talent yesterday suggested).

I absolutely love mocking, comedic sass, but I truly hate that we have evolved into a society that holds certain groups above (comedic) insult due to real fears of protests, riots, and with Muslims, overt violence.
                      You were saying...?

This is who CUNY Law School elected to give their graduation address. From LAW SCHOOL.

‘May Every Zionist Burn in the Hottest Pit of Hell’: Meet CUNY Law School’s Antisemitic Graduation Speaker

​In a May, 2021 tweet, Mohammed wished that “every Zionist burn in the hottest pit of hell.”

The following day, Mohammed confessed on Twitter: “my mom would have a heart attack if she knew i pray upon the death of the USA on a public platform but yolo i guess.”

However, Mohammed’s rhetoric and antisemitism continued throughout the ensuing years. In 2022, Mohammed spoke at a rally put on by the activist group Within Our Lifetime, a pro-Palestinian organization that had a member imprisoned on federal charges for assaulting a Jewish man in New York City in 2022. Court documents following the attack showed the group had brought Molotov cocktails and instructed members to refer to targets as “Zionists” rather than “Jews” to avoid accusations of antisemitism.

“May we rejoice in the corners of our New York City bedroom apartments and dining tables, may it be fuel for the fight against capitalism, racism, imperialism, and Zionism around the world,” the law graduate added near the end of her speech.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...utm_term=first

Yeah, our culture is in great hands... JFC.
                      Last edited by Mike; June 1, 2023, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• You are just a MEGA MAGA white supremacist...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I’m fine with lampooning religion. Hell, I champion it, but I would personally respect the Dodgers a lot more if after the the comedic Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence act -which mocks the Pope and Catholicism- they had a group of comedic Imams mocking Mohammed and Islam (as the article posted by Talent yesterday suggested).

Well, bullies aren't known for courage when they know that they're taking on someone that's willing and able to kick their ass.

And as the rainbows roll out over corporate logos across the land (but only until about 12:01 on July 1st), it all comes down to this: If you aren't satisfied until everybody raises a banner to celebrate you- to the point at which you detest those that don't, then you're the one with a problem. And (hint) it's not about who you sleep with.

Comment

• Mere "acceptance" is fine. But that's not it. You can accept trans people and treat them with decency and still maintain that women are women and find yourself subject to the left-wing culture crusade (e.g., JK Rowlings). And believe me, the Left Wing cultural war is very much out there.

It's gone way fucking beyond acceptance. It's gone to the point of either accepting absolute bullshit or being deemed a bigot. Swallow this ginormous fucking lie or you're a bigot.

For example, the obvious men competing in women's sports -- because, well, being a women is not physical but mental. Less prominent, but still a line put out by The Left -- if you're a dude you should be attracted to trans "women" -- regardless of whether they've cut their junk off. And, btw, if you're a dude who happens to blow a trans cock -- you're hetero! I wish I was making shit up.

And, of course, there is the mutilation of children that is so contra science that the way more progressive countries that took the lead on this shit are backing away from. But, if you try to stop that, then you get smeared as a bigot and your entirely sensible legislation -- if actually read -- is tarred as, e.g., "Don't Say Gay."

So, yeah....if they stopped at live and let live, then these issue wouldn't have the cultural purchase they do with a lot of people (including my massively partisan D-wife). So please, fuck the fuck off with "it's just about accepting people and being decent" because it's clearly the fuck not.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Are there any different angles of Biden's fall? I'm trying to Zapruder it with the stills but it's inconclusive if the sand bags are what tripped him up. Seems very unlikely the Secret Service wouldn't have had his walkway clear.

Comment

• Despite the blowback, CUNY has stuck by Mohammed’s remarks, telling Fox News that such speeches are reflective “of their own individual perspectives on advocating for social justice. As with all such commencement remarks, they reflect the voices of those individuals.” Mohammed’s graduation talk even drew the applause of law school dean Sudha Setty, who pioneered “Antiracism and Cultural Competency” matriculation requirements at her previous employer, Western New England University.​
                                I wonder if the commencement speech had the exact same text except it replaced “Zionist” with Muslim, Black, Latino, Gay (etc), if CUNY would be okay with the speech and nonchalantly offer that it was simply “reflective of the speaker’s own individual perspectives”?

No, of course not. lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X