No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And, as I said before, Frat Bros weren’t drinking Bud Light. They guzzle Natty, Busch, and ironically White Claws.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Correct. But as I said...the term "fratty" was code for "deplorable"...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• My relative who delivers the beer says the go to is Busch Light most of the year, but for holidays and St. Patrick's day festivities they switch to Bud Light to class it up.

Comment

• heh
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The college kids are drinking Borgs and Amaretto sours. The former is blatantly ridiculous a d the latter is puzzling. It's hard to find Amaretto.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              The college kids are drinking Borgs and Amaretto sours. The former is blatantly ridiculous a d the latter is puzzling. It's hard to find Amaretto.
              During spring break here it was a sight to see. Every basic white girl was walking down the road with a Borg in one hand and Starbucks in the other. Ha!
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I still drop by a frat house a couple of times a year. My old frat. As an esteemed former member and rush chairman, I’m granted bathroom privileges and beer rights at all football games. All I ever see is Natty and White Claws in the coolers. To be fair, I prefer both of those over Bud Light - which has an off taste to me.

image.jpg
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

During spring break here it was a sight to see. Every basic white girl was walking down the road with a Borg in one hand and Starbucks in the other. Ha!
                  Yep at CMU tailgates, they don't let them into the parking lots without a Borg.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    I still drop by a frat house a couple of times a year. My old frat. As an esteemed former member and rush chairman, I’m granted bathroom privileges and beer rights at all football games. All I ever see is Natty and White Claws in the coolers. To be fair, I prefer both of those over Bud Light - which has an off taste to me.

image.jpg
                    My son is going to be a junior at Auburn. His frat drinks Miller Lite and PBR ( and cheap bourbon)

FWIW, I saw a Bud Light commercial the other night that was obviously geared toward a different demographic. It was younger folks at some kind of festival.

I think that it was probably in the works in response to falling market share.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      ...who the ell would let someone like this make ANY decisions with regards to your product...BL frat boys.jpg
                      Somebody answering to Wall Street.

Edit: Also -- her next employer. I guarantee you she has another job that pays her just as much as her last one, and she will do the exact same shit. These people are cancer and corporate ESG/DEI initiatives are how they metastasize.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; May 31, 2023, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• always saw you more as a flounder type more so then eric stratton

Comment

I still think the gasoline on the fire was the ad exec’s interview. It caught fire with social media and that customer base started looking for things. I mean, no one gets upset at seeing Klinger in old MASH episodes, no one is outraged about Eddie Izzard. Caitlyn Jenner got some flack early on, but that was because so many people idolized Bruce Jenner.

That and Dylan is a unserious caricature of a woman. But the ad exec screwed the pooch. It would be like Kellogg’s saying, “We fucking hate the trash that are buying our corn flakes. For the love of god we’re hoping to find some customers who aren’t dregs.”
                          Can you show me a MtF tranny who isn't a caricature of a woman?

Bud Light was particularly egregious but what really drove the boycott against it was the fact that people are just really really sick and fed up of this shit, and Bud Light ended up being a particularly vulnerable spot on which to push back. You can only mock people for so long by making degeneracy a virtue and pushing butt sex on kids before a backlash materializes. The only thing that needs explaining is why this took so long. And now you're being told to chill out by people (e.g. Froot, CGVT, DSL) who got Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben's cancelled.

We took them at their word when they said "in the privacy of their own bedrooms". We now know that was a lie and we won't make that mistake again. I don't expect us to go full on Uganda any time soon but everyone alive right now is going to be acutely aware for the rest of their lives what the Pride flag really stands for.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; May 31, 2023, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Another huge factor is Elon Musk buying Twitter. It may have eclipsed Donald Trump's election as the single most significant political event of the century so far. There is now a mainstream media outlet on which you are allowed to talk about these topics, whereas you weren't before.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; June 1, 2023, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Life is so bad for you

Comment

I still drop by a frat house a couple of times a year. My old frat. As an esteemed former member and rush chairman, I’m granted bathroom privileges and beer rights at all football games. All I ever see is Natty and White Claws in the coolers. To be fair, I prefer both of those over Bud Light - which has an off taste to me.

image.jpg
                                Bud Light has an off taste? You don’t say!

Comment

Working...
                                X