Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

What don't you get?
    Um… it’s 17 months to the election and opinions aren’t votes. There’s NOTHING to “get”.

Comment

For these value pronouncements most of the time, it's not about you as a consumer but the corporation's employees.
      Yeah, I don’t buy that. They make it a public media event. It’s classic virtue signaling and it can and has backfired with some.

And, even it it were the case, if I am a line worker in a factory making widgets, as an employee, I don’t need to know how the owner feels about gun control or Syrian refugees, or Drag Queen Story Time at the local elementary school. It’s unneeded and silly.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It's cool that you don't buy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

The only one with any legs is Bud Light. Target, maybe. Haven’t heard about anything for Ford (surely you aren’t talking about the gay truck), Kohl’s, or any of the others.

The thing is when a company feels a need to make socio-political policy statements that have nothing to do with their business, customers can feel that company’s values don’t align with their own and they have the right to not spend money at those businesses. The virtue-signaling policy statement that has nothing to do with their business is as universal in corporate America as it is ridiculous. If a breakfast chain is selling sausage biscuits, I don’t need to know how they feel about trans rights, the second amendment, the war in Ukraine, or anything of the like.

“We would like to sell you a sausage biscuit, but before we do, do you know our stance on Rwandan HIV+ trans midget wrestlers who want abortions and who own firearms?” NO?? Here is a copy of our stance on the matter!”
          I've seen a number of rightwing social media slugs trying to make hay out of the gay Ford truck, which was actually released last year and only in Europe but no one cared about it til a few weeks ago.

Kohl's has Pride Month displays in some stores including baby clothes with rainbows on them. So onto the Groomer list they go.

No one's really made another Dylan Mulvaney fiasco so to keep the outrage momentum going they've had to broaden the net a bit. Virtually every company in the S&P 500 probably has a diversity statement or DEI exec so that's an endless amount of material for these social warriors to get people to click, like, and SUBSCRIBE!

Comment

• The Disney feud with DeSantis happened specifically because Chapek tried to stay out of the Don't Say Gay legislation and he had a mutiny with employees. Perhaps he overreacted with his belated statement and maybe in your view he should have stayed silent, but it was clearly a case of the CEO catering to the employees.

Comment

It's cool that you don't buy it.
              That little passive-aggressive, too-cool-for-school throw-away line meant to dismiss my counterpoint is certainly on-brand for you. Maybe you should release a policy statement.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Um… it’s 17 months to the election and opinions aren’t votes. There’s NOTHING to “get”.
                It's fairly late in the process of candidates throwing their hats in the ring. It's not like they have a new candidate is going to emerge 13 months from now. You have a few more months to have any other candidates to announce and that's it and it will be locked in. You have Trump, Haley, Hutchison, Pence and DeSantis. Trump dominates the GOP, that's quite obvious, if nobody feels like they can attack to guy from the Republican side, that means he runs the party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  The latest company to have a fatwa issued against it by our brave rightwing culture war protectors is...lol....Chick-Fil-A. Their crime is releasing a DEI statement. They've had a diversity executive for over a decade but culture war conservatives rarely have an attention span longer than 48 hours so this came as a huge "surprise".

So in the past month you conservatives have (at minimum) been commanded to stop buying products from the following

Anheuser-Busch
                  Target
                  Molson-Coors
                  Disney
                  Ford
                  Kohl's
                  Chick-Fil-A

Shopping on Amazon or Ebay or using Google or Apple products are of course under a lifetime fatwa.

If you want to boycott Woke, you basically need to be Amish at this point. As I have said for a long time, Corporate America fell years ago.

Comment

• With that said, targeted boycotts are a good thing. A few well publicized failures will, if nothing else, start to embolden the occasional board room executive who actually takes his fiduciary duty seriously to push back against this horseshit.

Comment

• DEI and other Leftist goodwill-destroying nonsense are all coming from the top down, namely from Wall Street. Wall Street is currently the Vatican for the Woke religion. When Blackrock and Vanguard combine to get 15% or more of your company, then you might as well just paint your cubicle with rainbow colors and think about what minority group heritage you can claim so that you can be part of the quota system, because your company culture is fucked.

And none of it is financially driven. This stuff does not make money. Ever -- unless you count having higher resistance against lawsuits, which I don't.

It's religion and ideology. I wish that my company was a bunch of greedy money-obsessed robots like everyone thinks we are. We would make much better decisions in that event. Greed is not the driver of this. Ideology is.

When a corporation gets taken over like this, the culture goes toxic too. Pushers of Woke are pretty much universally shitty leaders who don't appreciate their people, and those people quickly catch on.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; May 30, 2023, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• A lot of these diversity initiatives at these big corporations are not done because these execs at the C suite level are real "woke". It is an outgrowth of anti-discrimination laws,.sexual harassment laws and civil rights laws. They quite correctly don't want to get sued.

Comment

• In the past couple hours North Korea launched a ballistic missile that was supposed to send a suspected spy satellite into orbit. But it failed and landed in the ocean instead.

But it was serious enough that air raid alerts went off in South Korea and Okinawa. Apparently everyone in Seoul, SK was sent a text message labeled a "wartime alert" and they should be prepared to evacuate the capital immediately. The Defense Ministry put out a statement just a bit ago apologizing and said that message was an "error".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I've seen a number of rightwing social media slugs trying to make hay out of the gay Ford truck, which was actually released last year and only in Europe but no one cared about it til a few weeks ago.

Kohl's has Pride Month displays in some stores including baby clothes with rainbows on them. So onto the Groomer list they go.

No one's really made another Dylan Mulvaney fiasco so to keep the outrage momentum going they've had to broaden the net a bit. Virtually every company in the S&P 500 probably has a diversity statement or DEI exec so that's an endless amount of material for these social warriors to get people to click, like, and SUBSCRIBE!
                            The only gay Ford stuff I’ve seen is from you and I’m fairly active on political social media.

Re: Kohl’s. Again haven’t heard much about it. The thing is, with social media, you can hear dissenting views on everything. It gives voice to the crazy micro-minority. I was reading there is a group who are anti-vegetable. Vegetables are poison. Throw in a few flat-earthers and the like and you can make sweeping conclusions based on fringe elements. I think we need some objective data before we buy into it being anything but a blip from a tiny group of folks.

In the end, I’ll be glad when companies stop this shit. Until then, I’ll just continue to point and laugh at their unneeded idiocy when it bites them.

Comment

• The one thing Ron DeSantis should make a centerpiece of his campaign is continuing to talk about DEI. That is electoral gold Jerry!

Comment

• 349643028_791689169350393_9211192072130983760_n.jpg
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X