No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't parsed a whole lot of the stuff. Just went through Ace's thread because that's the first thing that popped up in my search that had the actual tweets and not just newspaper articles describing them.

I assume this is the "like" that was the death knell (top left):

Last edited by Mike; May 22, 2023, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• My next rental property listing

313890237_10225571143257482_3075162310396369844_n.jpg
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        I haven't parsed a whole lot of the stuff. Just went through Ace's thread because that's the first thing that popped up in my search that had the actual tweets and not just newspaper articles describing them.

I assume this is the "like" that was the death knell:

Right. That is Sowell's position. It isn't remotely close to "Yay, Jim Crow!". It's a study of the strength of the black community and then the weakening and ultimate destruction of the black community/family unit.

I mean, I can also say that segregation produced an extremely strong, viable AA-owned business in the Negro Leagues and de-segregation destroyed it. That's true. 100% true. It's also not an endorsement of segregation.

So, my quibble with Sowell is that the black community could have existed as is w/o Jim Crow. So long as you aren't bombing it with the Great Society, there's a pretty high likelihood that the community exists as it did whether there was Jim Crow or not. Sowell makes the point that through adversity the community grew. And I guess there's something to that's sort of ancillary.

In any event, Sowell, who is, of course, black, can defend his position to the hilt.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          So this Schembechler dude wasn't actually saying how great Jim Crow was? Just liking Thomas Sowell tweets? I know Sowell's posiiton on the disintegration of the black family due, IHO, to the benevolent soft bigotry of low expecations from the Left.

Anyway, as far as I can tell, that Jim Crow wasn't really that bad because, according to our President, TODAY IS EVEN WORSE -- JIM CROW ON STEROIDS.

Talk about some ignorant motherfucking shit.
          He liked hundreds of garden variety MAGA shit posts. Much more than the Sowell stuff. He was also liking someone's interpretation of Sowell, not Sowell quotes directly, basically saying slavery and Jim Crow weren't so bad cuz they built character and community or some shit. Some other posts Shemy liked include a tweet mocking Hakeem Jeffries with a pic of a super stereotypical jungle tribe and high praise for RFK Jr. Why the shitbird Right loves RFK Jr. so much remains fascinating. I mean I know why, the man's been on an insane anti-vaccine rampage for 20 years, but they seem to not give a shit about his environmentalist side which is extremist to say the least.

Maybe this shit doesn't make you throw a head coach under the fucking bus but a nepo baby assistant director of recruiting? Yeah, see ya Shemy.

Comment

• One of Shemy’s “likes” was the post on the right likening Hakeem Jeffries and the Democrats to…well…

Comment

• I understand the recruiting angle. The thumbnail summary of Sowell's position is what I take issue with. Especially since I can make a pretty strong argument the goddamn President and his entire party belittle actual Jim Crow by comparing massively lenient voting rules to actual Jim Crow. And, you know I'm right. And you hate it.

So, suck it, shitwaffle!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

He liked hundreds of garden variety MAGA shit posts. Much more than the Sowell stuff. He was also liking someone's interpretation of Sowell, not Sowell quotes directly, basically saying slavery and Jim Crow weren't so bad cuz they built character and community or some shit. Some other posts Shemy liked include a tweet mocking Hakeem Jeffries with a pic of a super stereotypical jungle tribe and high praise for RFK Jr. Why the shitbird Right loves RFK Jr. so much remains fascinating. I mean I know why, the man's been on an insane anti-vaccine rampage for 20 years, but they seem to not give a shit about his environmentalist side which is extremist to say the least.

Maybe this shit doesn't make you throw a head coach under the fucking bus but a nepo baby assistant director of recruiting? Yeah, see ya Shemy.
                Pretty much. I don't know why he would be that active on social media given the controversy surrounding his father. Tweets or no tweets it was a risky hire. He's always come off as very Hunter Bidenish to me.

Comment

• Joe Biden: .. "They want to put y'all back in chains" ... said the guy who was born in Delaware ...
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Somewhat relatedly, the "citi-bike" lady story of early this week is right up there with the great Prog assault on the opposition. Poor 6-month pregnant lady gets off a 12-hour shift as a nurse to go get a bike she paid for and 5 black teens harass her as say it's her bike. She starts crying and yelling -- which you know, is understandable -- and gets labeled a "karen" for causing a huge risk to the black teens (the cops could have come and shot them all!!!). The video goes viral. She is put on leave from her job. And, of course, she has receipts to prove she paid for the bike.

But, in the Prog world, the pregant nurse coming off a 12-hour shift is the villain. The the black teens. Never.

That's the Left. It's disgusting.

Comment

• So this likely re-ignites the efforts to remove the Schembechler name from everything at U-M.

It actually had died down somewhat, but this probably throws gasoline on the smoldering crap pile.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        So this likely re-ignites the efforts to remove the Schembechler name from everything at U-M.

It actually had died down somewhat, but this probably throws gasoline on the smoldering crap pile.
                        Wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

• Again, this is actual national news...

The Chairman has stated that he can unilaterally raise the debt ceiling pursuant to the 14th A. This is the constitutionally illiterate position The Chairman has taken amongst many strong contenders. Fortunately, it also highlights the Progs judicial "philosophy" -- if it's good for us then it's ok. In fact, the failure of the Progs to articulate a coherent judicial philosophy is a big reason why the House of Scalia and statutory textualism and Constituonal originalism are ascendent (in fact, for the former, the battle is over -- Brennan got his shit packed, thank god). The latter is still up for debate, but originalists benefit from the failure of the Left to articulate anything that is remotely coherent.

And so, we get this bullshit from the leader of the fucking free world. Because, you know, the Constitution is only obstacle to your plans if you let the words get in your way.​

Comment

• At least Hillary had an excuse when she used her faux 'southern' accent. She was born in Our-Kansas.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Somewhat relatedly, the "citi-bike" lady story of early this week is right up there with the great Prog assault on the opposition. Poor 6-month pregnant lady gets off a 12-hour shift as a nurse to go get a bike she paid for and 5 black teens harass her as say it's her bike. She starts crying and yelling -- which you know, is understandable -- and gets labeled a "karen" for causing a huge risk to the black teens (the cops could have come and shot them all!!!). The video goes viral. She is put on leave from her job. And, of course, she has receipts to prove she paid for the bike.

But, in the Prog world, the pregnant nurse coming off a 12-hour shift is the villain. The the black teens. Never.

That's the Left. It's disgusting.
                              I was going to mention this over the weekend when I saw the full story in NRO. I happened to see an NBC report of the incident with the edited video and it never made sense to me. It starts in the middle when she starts to break down but the viewer has no idea what transpired before that. My first thought was maybe she just worked a long shift or a double, is exhausted, and had a bad moment. Then it turns out it WAS HER BIKE and HAS THE RECEIPT. Great reporting NBC. JFC. Last I saw as of Saturday the video had over 35 million views and casts her as a racist villain. I hope she sues the fuck out of the hospital, NBC, whoever took the video, and anyone else they can think of.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                At least Hillary had an excuse when she used her faux 'southern' accent. She was born in Our-Kansas.
                                Hillary is from Chicago. She ended up in Arkansas after she hooked up with Bill.

Comment

Working...
                                X