Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Sure it is.

A lot of Disney folks just did not want to move to Orlando from Burbank.

As far as them shutting down the Star Wars hotel, I have to imagine the demand to pay $1,200 a day is not that big.
    Re: moving to Orlando. That may be true, I don't know, but I do know that Florida's population is growing and California's population is shrinking. The cost of living is far less expensive in Florida.

As far as the Star Wars hotel, forget $1200, most two-day family packages are $6,000. I think that's the main thing and I tend to believe that Disney is still at war with DeSantis and it's easier to stick a thumb in his eye than to lower prices.
    Last edited by AlabamAlum; May 18, 2023, 03:09 PM.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Progs only love free speech when it is their speech. Just like the only love illegal migrants when border states have to deal with them...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• CNN primetime ratings plummet behind Newsmax post-Trump bump (nypost.com)

Im beginning to like watters world a little better then any other host left at fox. thankfully playoff hockey/nba 4th quarters and saul have filled the void of tucker

If anything else kari lakes trial is blasting signature verification in absentee and mail in balloting--I think they are up to 30000o votes in questions, have whistleblowers detailing the pressures they were under to verify thousands of votes in muinutes thate had previosuly been pulled for signatrues not even close to matching.

trial is live streaming on her war room site

Far as the AG race goes that looks like a slam dunk that they have thousands of votes not counted they have to go through when he (abe)only lost by 300

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Re: moving to Orlando. That may be true, I don't know, but I do know that Florida's population is growing and California's population is shrinking. The cost of living is far less expensive in Florida.

As far as the Star Wars hotel, forget $1200, most two-day family packages are $6,000. I think that's the main thing and I tend to believe that Disney is still at war with DeSantis and it's easier to stick a thumb in his eye than to lower prices.
          The people working for Disney did not want to move from Burbank. As far as California shrinking nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.

Comment

Look, both sides overreact on these issues to get the change they want. Sure, you have Dylan-Bug Light, but (as Tom mentioned) the boycotts and threats around removing the Native American from Land O' Lakes butter and demanding to take Uncle Ben off of rice and Aunt Jamima off of pancake stuff are all silly. But that's the world we live in. And as long as it keeps working, you will see it again and again. The best idea is to get used to it.
            The funny thing about Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, etc. is that I don't think there was an actual major organized effort to boycott those products. Companies just did it in anticipation of there being a kerfuffle in the wake of the George Floyd stuff. And unless anyone can demonstrate otherwise I don't believe there was any serious counter-reaction from conservatives. Certainly nothing the size of the Dylan Mulvaney reaction. The mascots in the end were pretty unimportant. Butter's butter, people don't invest a ton of their personal identity in what butter they're eating. Different than beer.

Comment

Look, both sides overreact on these issues to get the change they want. Sure, you have Dylan-Bug Light, but (as Tom mentioned) the boycotts and threats around removing the Native American from Land O' Lakes butter and demanding to take Uncle Ben off of rice and Aunt Jamima off of pancake stuff are all silly. But that's the world we live in. And as long as it keeps working, you will see it again and again. The best idea is to get used to it.
              I hear you.. but I'd actually prefer that things actually get BETTER. It's kind of nice when you have choices, products that work, food and drinks taste good and your sports teams win things. It's amazing how much better life is when those things don't suck.

Comment

• The states rights people like to get outraged by something Fox News told them about some state 1,000 miles away. It's an outrage!

Comment

• Well looks like it's LOON HOUR...time to go have a non-A/B beer...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You're sticking it to the man with that stance _THE___WIZARD___

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The funny thing about Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben, etc. is that I don't think there was an actual major organized effort to boycott those products. Companies just did it in anticipation of there being a kerfuffle in the wake of the George Floyd stuff. And unless anyone can demonstrate otherwise I don't believe there was any serious counter-reaction from conservatives. Certainly nothing the size of the Dylan Mulvaney reaction. The mascots in the end were pretty unimportant. Butter's butter, people don't invest a ton of their personal identity in what butter they're eating. Different than beer.
                      That's what makes it even more stupid. These marketing whiz kids PRESUMED that these mascots would be deemed "racist". These assumed that a specific segment of consumers were soft enough to be "offended" when in reality, at least as you (likely correctly IMHO) concluded, nobody really gave a shit..

But yeah, Beer is different. That's personal to a lot of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

The people working for Disney did not want to move from Burbank. As far as California shrinking nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded.
                        I take it you’ve interviewed all of the people who live in Burbank personally? I will concede that Burbank is quite the paradise. I can see how so many people would never consider leaving.

And, seriously, Cali is crowded, but it’s getting less so. Albeit slowly. 1 out of 100 Californians have moved out since 2020 - or around 900,000 people.

The major driving factor behind the California population decline: Residents leaving for states with lower costs, especially housing.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I know there was a big on-line backlash. Did they ever boycott? Probably not, those three companies caved pretty quickly.

Comment

• I'm sure there is far less racism and white supremacy since the Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben's food lines were altered...that alone makes me want to sing from a mountain in perfect harmony...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The brand that changed names that was hurt the most I read was Eskimo Pies. They changed it to Eddy’s Pies and no one knew who they were. So, Klondike Bars gained and Edy’s/Eskimo lost market share.
                              Last edited by AlabamAlum; May 18, 2023, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• AA...what would YOU do for a Klondike bar?
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X