Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    One more comment on "tipflation". I stopped for gas recently and the card reader wasn't working so I went inside to pay and the cashier spins the little swipey thing around to sign the screen and it had a prompt to add a tip. GTFO.
    Lot of delivery services charge a "delivery fee" and expect you to tip as well. Gas station is ridiculous unless the dude's checking the air in your tires and cleaning your windows. Otherwise GTFO

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      I haven't seen it yet but I'm kind of over the whole "tipflation" thing. During Covid when everything was takeout I'd be sure to tip for them bringing the food out to the car or just bagging it up or whatever because I knew they were in a shitty situation without in-person dining but now that things are back to normal I've stopped adding a tip when I go pick up a pizza or whatever.
      I'm the same way. During the "Whitmer Rules", I'd tip service workers even at a drive thru at Burger King. I wanted them to know I appreciated them actually coming to work just so I could have a take-out burger.

But now? No. I went to one of our favorite restaurants last weekend to pick up a take-out order, and the cashier slid me the ticket, and pointed out that 'the receipt has a space for a tip'. I nearly said, "I can read, Missy", but I did not include a tip. I didn't ever do it before the pandemic, and I don't see why I should do it now, when all they did was take a phone call, and then take my money.

Maybe DSL can give us his viewpoint of the service industry getting tips nowadays, considering he's had a lifetime of burger-flipping jobs ....
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• No tip and I can't guarantee that your Kewpee Burger didn't spend some time on the floor.

Comment

• Kewpee's is too far away. And the closest one to me is smack in the middle of downtown Lansing.

pass

Comment

• Oh you want fresh fries? That's nice. I want a Ferrari. Life's full of fun disappointments.

Comment

• Trust me, you'll never get a Ferrari working at Kewpees ...

You'd have a better chance if you worked for The Wizard at his ketchup loaded wings and beer emporium.

Comment

• Unfortunately I can't go to work for Wiz because he has reportedly "sold out" to a very interested buyer (aka the Platte County Tax Department). Really wanted to compare and contrast the Hunt's wings versus the Heinz wings too.

Comment

• I heard he upgraded to Kraft BBQ Sauce right before he closed the deal with the new owners ...

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    I heard he upgraded to Kraft BBQ Sauce right before he closed the deal with the new owners ...
                    Yes, that was to be supervised by his new sous chef, a Mr. Alabam’Alum’ of Alabama, who Wiz met at a Bennigan’s.

Comment

• disturbing .. but believable.

Comment

• Quick serious post before back to the fun. But this Prog US Attorney in Boston was forced to resign and the report on her is just riddled with corruption.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

When you owned your own business you could get away with this behavior but Denny's is a family establishment and won't tolerate this shit.
                          They don't have a problem with it so far...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Yeah the request for a tip just for ordering fast food has gotten annoying. Especially at Five Guys where the prices are high (by fast food standards) to begin with.

I have not yet personally seen a self-checkout lane asking me for a tip at Wal-Mart, Target, the grocery store, etc.
                            I've noticed with the tablets the server brings now to settle the check the lowest preset tip % is 22%...of course it has the "Other Amount" button...which might as well say "Cheap Fucker". 15% used to be the norm...then 18%...then 20%...hell now if you don't go 25% you run the risk of spit in your food next time...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...and...I hate all of youse. That is all.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The ones that tick me off is where the gratuity is already added in. Zehnders and Bavarian Inn in Frankenmuth do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X