Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Ummm, yeah, but he's an Uncle Tom!
    Hey, so am I!! Just figured that would be a good run-in to say that there's sure a lot of bullshit flying by right now. Still trying to figure out, though:

a. Where all of the Trump lovers are around here?
    b. What EXACTLY good has Biden as President (or any of last 50 years in Washington for that matter)?

Comment

• I want fringe benefits...bug spray...a hat...designer picking gloves...10 minute paid lunches...c'mon man...ante up...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Aren't the strawberries getting picked just fine with the number of illegals we currently have?
        That's what the robots are for bitch!
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Hey, so am I!! Just figured that would be a good run-in to say that there's sure a lot of bullshit flying by right now. Still trying to figure out, though:

a. Where all of the Trump lovers are around here?
          b. What EXACTLY good has Biden as President (or any of last 50 years in Washington for that matter)?
          1) It's a forum dominated by Republicans. There's bound to be a lot of bullshit.
          2) Trump voter, Trump lover...to-may-toe, to-mah-toe
          3) Sleepy Joe = Jobs Jobs JOBS!!!!

Comment

• All of that is weak sauce, DSL, and you know it.

Comment

• DSL is really exposing his idiocy today...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...no worries DSL...we aren't laughing with you...we are laughing at you...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Aren't the strawberries getting picked just fine with the number of illegals we currently have?
                  I'm at the point where we have to crack down on the border and keep people out. I'm not gonna fight with you there. But a lot want to go further and remove and/or drive out the illegals that are already here. And I don't think those people have much of a plan for replacing all that labor.

Comment

• That whole racket has been a cat and mouse game for decades...a nod and a wink...with slaps on the wrists for employers and migrants alike. It's been a dirty little secret for years...in Nebraska there are several cities with packing plants that employ a ton of illegals...and they get raided off and on...they pay a fine...the cockroaches scatter...and somehow they keep functioning...it's truly a whack-a-mole...it's not just meat packing...it's the migrant folks who pick the sugar beets...hotel room cleaners...gardeners...etc...I am not against LEGAL immigration. We all come from immigration...unless your name is Running Waters...the process needs cleaned up...Trump had a big band-aid on it that worked in terms of slowing the huge numbers but it still happened...all the walls in the world are NOT going to stop it. The only way to get a hold of it is to punish those who benefit from the illegals...the employers....particularly the big employers...

A large meat processing plant is being built in my hometown as we speak...it is supposed to be a nearly 100% automated facility that needs a fraction of what a regular packing plant requires...and they still are talking about needing 3,000 people when it is full capacity. Tell me where the fuck they are going to find 3,000 people in a town of 25,000?

Get ready to pay $20/lb for your ground beef folks.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                      All of that is weak sauce, DSL, and you know it.
                      Heh, I'm more inclined to give nuanced, reasonable takes when it fits the mood of the room. The mood this morning when I first logged in was quite obviously NOT that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

1) It's a forum dominated by Republicans. There's bound to be a lot of bullshit.
                        2) Trump voter, Trump lover...to-may-toe, to-mah-toe
                        3) Sleepy Joe = Jobs Jobs JOBS!!!!
                        Once again, you need many more jobs to pay for the increased in inflation.

Comment

• ...also to pay for the 1 million a year soul's added to the public dole. Big negative..

Comment

• Who is paying for the 87,000 IRS agents being hired? That is minimum $5 billion of pure fucking waste. That is just the tip of the fucking bs "Infrastructure" bill.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Am I allowed to think that both sides have done a mediocre or terrible job running the country for the last several years? It’s annoying from my perspective because both mainstream parties have huge flaws. Seems like there are countless problems in this country right now and the solutions aren’t coming. #1 being inflation and the cost of everything is absurd. I’m almost tempted to root for a US debt default and to see what happens.

Rs issues:
                              - All hail king Trump, half of the Rs…
                              - Reckless spending. Reagan, Bush, Bush 2.0, and Trump are all guilty of it.
                              - Dumbassed wars overseas.
                              - Tax cuts on uber rich.
                              - Wishy washy views on social issue.
                              - Not willing to make any changes to gun laws because the NRA funds politicians.

Ds issues:
                              - Way too weak on immigration and crime.
                              - Reckless spending.
                              - Dumbassed spending on Ukraine war. Spent between what, $80-$120 billion so far?
                              - Wokeness and control of almost all media. Think a specific way or be silenced/ bashed.
                              Last edited by Cody_Russell; May 12, 2023, 10:32 AM. Reason: Spell check
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                                That whole racket has been a cat and mouse game for decades...a nod and a wink...with slaps on the wrists for employers and migrants alike. It's been a dirty little secret for years...in Nebraska there are several cities with packing plants that employ a ton of illegals...and they get raided off and on...they pay a fine...the cockroaches scatter...and somehow they keep functioning...it's truly a whack-a-mole...it's not just meat packing...it's the migrant folks who pick the sugar beets...hotel room cleaners...gardeners...etc...I am not against LEGAL immigration. We all come from immigration...unless your name is Running Waters...the process needs cleaned up...Trump had a big band-aid on it that worked in terms of slowing the huge numbers but it still happened...all the walls in the world are NOT going to stop it. The only way to get a hold of it is to punish those who benefit from the illegals...the employers....particularly the big employers...

A large meat processing plant is being built in my hometown as we speak...it is supposed to be a nearly 100% automated facility that needs a fraction of what a regular packing plant requires...and they still are talking about needing 3,000 people when it is full capacity. Tell me where the fuck they are going to find 3,000 people in a town of 25,000?

Get ready to pay $20/lb for your ground beef folks.
                                The supply of labor can't meet the demand. We kind of have three options: keep doing what we're doing, widen the gates to a lot more LEGAL immigration, or just get used to much higher food & construction prices.

Folks can talk about encouraging more American citizens to join the workforce but participation among the prime age group (25-55) it's already back close to the alltime record high. Replacing immigrants will have to come from teenagers and senior citizens.

Labor Force Participation Rate - 25-54 Yrs. (LNS11300060) | FRED | St. Louis Fed (stlouisfed.org)

Comment

Working...
                                X