Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Yeah that's the thing. The jury shot down her rape claim but still rewarded her $5 Million for defaming her for denying that he did.
    They shot down full blown rape but accepted sexual abuse. $2M for the abuse and close to $3M for the defamation side of it.

A large part of civil trials is simply "who is more credible?" and Trump didn't even make an appearance to defend himself. The strategy, if we can call it that, was to let his goonish mob lawyer just attack Carroll on the stand while Trump plays golf. Meanwhile the jury's repeatedly being shown the Access Hollywood tape and Trump in his deposition mistaking Carroll for Maples.

I think Talent's got a point that perhaps the tape shouldn't have been allowed as evidence. It's at least some sort of grounds for appeal.

Comment

• He should have testified according to a lawyer friend of mine. He said in civil cases with scant evident except he said/she said, he thinks that he would have put him on the stand.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA- Your boy Mo Brooks is gloating about this verdict on Twitter. Heh

Comment

• Mo Brooks and Donald Trump are both idiots. Will be glad when both are out of the media.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yes but you are an idiot as well...so there is that...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              He should have testified according to a lawyer friend of mine. He said in civil cases with scant evident except he said/she said, he thinks that he would have put him on the stand.
              I think the reason they didn't is that Trump would probably go on a major rant against her calling her all sorts of shit (which is not going to help his cause) and quite possibly would have perjured himself on the stand (not helping his case), which would have lead to a moment with E. Jean Carroll lawyers catching him in said lie (which would have made for an easy campaign ad on his lying for the general and really hurt his chances for reelection).

So hard to see the upside with Trump on the stand, he goes off on the rant and caught in the lie that defamation part of the award probably doubles at least.
              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• CNN reporting George Santos has been indicted under seal. Charges could be revealed tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                  only in newyork could you be accused of raping a woman in a dressing room of an upscale apartment store. defend yourself for calling her a loon for accusing you of somethin 40 or 50 years ago--she cant even remember the exact date. But since you did mean tweats against my libelous claims i'm suing you in new york and winning 5 million bucks

what a joke

you got him now

see what comers press conference reveals tomorrow--I'M sure it will prove once again it doesn't matter what crime you commit--it only matters what party you support when it comes to this justice system
                  Have you ever thought your boy might be capable of these things? All the women must be out to get him and his grabbed them by the pussy was purely theoretical.

Comment

• Oh my, Trump is scheduled to do a CNN town hall tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Oh my, Trump is scheduled to do a CNN town hall tomorrow
                      Why the fuck is CNN giving that jackass air time?

Jesus
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• For ratings

Comment

• Heh

Screenshot 2023-05-09 7.25.16 PM.png
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Isn’t Clay supposed to be a lawyer or something? “Big win for Trump”?? Bold take, Clay

Comment

• I have no problem with you old fucks writing/wasting a check at the check out. Just have everything but the amount written out before you get your drama queen asses to the checkout.

And to my fucking mail lady who empties her ash tray in front of my mail box. Got you on video and coming for you democrat bitch.

Comment

• Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X