No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rs can't hammer economic issues because they haven't demonstrated any success in that arena. They have also largely co-signed the Democrats' expansion of the government and the national debt. They did have a lot of electoral success in 2010 and 2014, but they did nothing with it, so it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by Hannibal; April 26, 2023, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Don Jr. was pleading with people to call off the Bud Light boycott cuz AB is a big Republican donor, which cracks me up. Trumps = Establishment.

But they're also probably self-aware enough to know that sounding like Matt Walsh on social issues is a turnoff to Independents and swing voters.

Comment

• Trump was abysmal on social issues when he was in office. He failed to fulfill any of his promises, other than appointing anti Roe v. Wade judges. It's probably a reason why he lost his reelection bid. (Trump made winning the black vote a huge priority BTW).

Ron DeSantis is a much more accurate picture of what people like me envision when we think of an elected culture warrior.

Comment

• We can all wish for a DeSantis v. Poopypants election...unfortunately that's not going to happen. We are looking at 4 more years of the misery of The Chairman and Giggles and Team Prog.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Economic issues are sort of a push between R/D depending on the circumstances. Right now they're probably marginally pro-R because The Chairman has had some real issues, but they're not as big pro-R because the Rs are largely "negative" on the issue instead of also putting forth their policy alternative -- which, btw, is basically don't fuck this shit up. I'd actually love to hear a "don't/stop fucking this shit up" pitch, but Americans of all sorts are swayed with promises of better.

Crime issues are very pro-R. But, part of addressing crime issues is getting through the D CRT/BLM bullshit. Those are sort of linked in a big way.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Talent -- I think that the Rs have a lot of winning issues, but they are taboo to talk about. That is why people like me put a huge emphasis on courage.

Comment

• So that shooting in Alabama that left 4 dead and 32 injured (20 from gunshots) apparently was a big shootout. Seven people fired weapons, two of the deceased had guns on them that had been fired and at least two of the guns were modified to be fully automatic. There are now 6 people being held/charged with reckless murder that are all related or close friends. One of the suspects was literally wearing an ankle bracelet/monitor who was out on bond from a previous shooting in Tuskegee.

At one point in the evening, a DJ’s speaker fell over, making a sound similar to a gunshot, Thornton said. When that happened, several of the young people there lifted their shirts to show they had guns.

LaTonya Allen, mother of Phil Dowdell and birthday girl Alexis Dowdell, said anyone over 18 or carrying a gun needed to leave.

Not long after that, shots rang out leaving “multiple shell casings, blood everywhere,” Thornton testified.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

But here's the problem for Republicans. Making the election about Trump in order to avoid real issues doesn't alienate Independents. Focusing on CRT & Trannies and The Great Woke Wars instead of real issue DOES alienate Independents. Polls reveal this. Independents don't care about a lot of these things as much as you firebrands here do.
                  That problem goes both ways. The Great Woke Wars shouldn't be small potatoes. They should be "NO potatoes", and they would be if the progs weren't so intent on shoving it all down our throats. They're the ones who set the teaching curriculums, corporate policies and made the decisions to hire trannies to sell beer, change the names of products (like pancake syrup) that might offend people that died generations ago. They're also the ones who got outraged and condoned violent responses when mostly good for nothing criminals (who they most certainly want nothing to do with) wind up on the losing end when thye go up against the cops.

Make no mistake to assume that the majority of Americans recognize the folly behind all of this. They may not lose their shit about it, and it might not show up in those priceless "polls", but they get it. And, they don't much care for it.

Comment

• Look...we were ok with the woke shit as long as they stayed in their block...when they took over Bud Light...they crossed the line...fuckers...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Sssh, Asa Hutchinson is announcing his candidacy. On a related note I've found someone less charismatic than Captain Ron.

Comment

• I'm still waiting for the Republicans' health care bill... Or any other policy for that fucking matter.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'm still waiting for you to STFU.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FINISH THE JOB!!!!
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• He's gonna finish the job alright. Gonna finish Trump's pollical career once and for all. So much finishing you'll be begging The Chairman to show mercy!

The Simpsons GIF.

Comment

• Yes I'm looking forward to 4 more years of out of control spending...inflation...rampant crime...a border that is a sieve...and the USA being relegated to China's bitch...that is very exciting.

FINISH THE JOB!!!
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X