No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 6-week ban will be a huge asset for DeSantis in the primaries, although he can counter that it was his judges who ended Roe v Wade.

The 6-week ban will be a big negative in the general though, were DeSantis to win. With that said, I don't expect Trump to make that case, because it would require some agility and Trump is an elephant.

Entitlement cuts could be a problem for DeSantis.

Policy debates are ineffective against Trump's OODA Loop of bullshit.
    Maybe. We don't have any data points on what DeSantis vs Trump would actually look like. It's not going to be Rubio, Cruz, and Kasich vs. Desantis, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Hannibal; April 20, 2023, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• The 6 week abortion law is going to hurt DeSantis in the general.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Have you actually seen what Biden has been "doing" for the last two years? And the D's are seriously expecting him to run again? But, it's not like they've got anybody else (besides your go-to girl Gretch).

Mind you, the republicans aren't likely to do anything smart, either, That doesn't mean that they couldn't.
        I think the abortion issue is kryptonite for you fellas. It has fully repelled suburbanite women. Passing a 6 week abortion ban might play in Ruby Red Florida but it won't play in Michigan or Wisconsin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Have you actually seen what Biden has been "doing" for the last two years? And the D's are seriously expecting him to run again? But, it's not like they've got anybody else (besides your go-to girl Gretch).

Mind you, the republicans aren't likely to do anything smart, either, That doesn't mean that they couldn't.
          The Republicans have a vastly wider field of options than the Dems do so if they stick with trusty ol' Agent Orange it's a significantly worse decision than Dems standing helplessly around a dumbfounded Biden.

I'm still holding out hope Biden retires though. We all can dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            Why is Trump going after Desantis but not Tim Scott or Nikki Haley? He fears only Desantis. I am getting sick of seeing and hearing his attacks on Desantis...and I think it is going to backfire on DJT...
            I can't speak to Tim Scott but Nikki Haley is only in the race to hurt DeSantis and win another job in Trump 2.0 Administration. Same goes for that Ramaswamy guy. He attacks DeSantis almost daily but I can't think of a single criticism he's made of Trump other than he's a Boomer. So why are you running for President if Trump was pretty much perfect?

Comment

• DSL, if Biden doesn't run, who would you prefer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                The 6 week abortion law is going to hurt DeSantis in the general.
                Yes. The Rs are the party of stupid. Rather than standing their ground on issues where a majority of the electorate agrees with them, they are standing their ground on an issue where about 30% of the electorate agrees with them.

Comment

• I don't think they do have a wider field of options. In 2016 they had all kinds of qualified candidates and he beat them like rented mules. Trump is the platonic ideal of the GOP base that has won the popular election once in seven tries. He is the electoral version of Tressellball.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

I think the abortion issue is kryptonite for you fellas. It has fully repelled suburbanite women.
                    It's a deal breaker for a lot of men too.

I think that single-issue voting for or against abortion is moronic, but I don't have the power to convince suburban women to reorder their priorities.

Comment

I think the abortion issue is kryptonite for you fellas. It has fully repelled suburbanite women. Passing a 6 week abortion ban might play in Ruby Red Florida but it won't play in Michigan or Wisconsin.
                      Polls have shown the 6 week abortion ban isn't even popular in Florida. Of course, that doesn't mean anyone changes their vote based on that one issue. Especially when the Democratic Party of Florida is a pile of donkey shit.

Comment

• It is a good point about men on the abortion issue. The bans poll worse among young men than any other demographic. The surburbanite women were getting repelled even before Dobbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          DSL, if Biden doesn't run, who would you prefer?
                          One of the Governors possibly. Polis, Beshear, John bel Edwards, the dude in NC whose name I'm forgetting...Gretch might be too toxic nationally but not sure. That doesn't mean I think any of them would win, mind you. But if they DID win we'd probably be better off than with Biden till he's 86

In 2028 I could "possibly" see Shapiro or Ossoff being decent candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Polls have shown the 6 week abortion ban isn't even popular in Florida. Of course, that doesn't mean anyone changes their vote based on that one issue. Especially when the Democratic Party of Florida is a pile of donkey shit.
                            It's kind of where you have to question the intelligence of TinyD. He had just signed a 15 week ban. You tell those activists to pound sand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

It's a deal breaker for a lot of men too.

I think that single-issue voting for or against abortion is moronic, but I don't have the power to convince suburban women to reorder their priorities.
                              The fact of the matter is that suburban women aren't as worried about tranny athletes as much as they are that their 12 year old could get raped, impregnated, and forced by law to give birth, all while pious busybodies implore them to thank the rapist and Jesus for granting their family a miracle. You can lecture all you want that they should be more scared of trannies than rape & forced birth but you're fighting a losing battle, son.

Comment

It's kind of where you have to question the intelligence of TinyD. He had just signed a 15 week ban. You tell those activists to pound sand.
                                You can't tell those activists to pound sand if you are running for President.

DeSantis might also just be ideologically opposed to abortion and willing to sacrifice some political capital on the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X