Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Interesting. I read earlier that a "secret" mediator jumped in at the last minute to broker a deal. Maybe it was them? Sounds like Fox was resigned to a trial.
    There was an actual mediator who was on vacation in Europe while negotiating between the two sides lol. Now maybe the insurance company referred the parties to him, that's possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      What do you loons think about Bobby Kennedy Jr...doesn't tow the loon line enough?
      In the interview last night, Kennedy said that food stamps had been "...cut by 90%". Just a nutcase.

Comment

• DeSantis has policy on his side. He is the first viable Trump challenger who can say this. He is the first guy who has provided evidence that he will implement a Trump-like agenda if he is elected. He is the only guy who can legitimately attack Donald Trump from the Right. Nobody has done that yet. He would be the most Right Wing candidate in the field (who is actually a high level elected officiall) in a long time.

DeSantis has the most policy wins for the Rs since Newt Gingrich. That's a great talking point for a base that is desperate for policy wins. He's got brass balls too.

My hopes aren't high but they aren't zero either. DeSantis can raise money -- bombarding the air waves with ads could move the needle too.
        Last edited by Hannibal; April 20, 2023, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• This isn't going to help him or other repubs in the suburbs

i4tkb1qzezua1.jpg

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            How is that list not legitimate? So what if they weren't Presidential candidates? It's a whole Republican Party problem.

I left Megyn Kelly off the list. Fox News tried to take out Trump in the 2015-16 debates. They are no longer anti-Trump, but they were at the start.
            Because they aren't candidates that's why it's not legitimate. You are arguing that Ron DeSantis can beat Trump without taking him on as a candidate so he can win over Trumpers amicably. I'm telling you that was strategy in 2015 and that strategy failed miserably. It's not possible, to beat Trump you have to make him look like a chump. No red hat maga is going to switch his vote to DeSantis on policy grounds. When Trump is throwing legitimate mud and flat out lies against DeSantis, if DeSantis doesn't use the Chicago Way he stands no chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              This isn't going to help him or other repubs in the suburbs

i4tkb1qzezua1.jpg
              Isn't Kaitlyn Jenner a Republican?
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Dems...the party of allowing chicks with dicks to undress with girls...the party of energy killers...the party of killing political free speech...the party of selling out to the Chinese, Russians, Ukrainians and OPEC...the party of punishing success and rewarding rioters...the party of division...you loons I know are very proud of your record...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• DeSantis has policy and effectiveness on his side. Unfortunately for him every year that goes by I think the Republican base cares less and less about policy.

Comment

• In short...the party of lunacy.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      In short...the party of lunacy.
                      The Republicans, correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        DeSantis has policy and effectiveness on his side. Unfortunately for him every year that goes by I think the Republican base cares less and less about policy.
                        I think that the opposite is true. The Republican base is shifting to "policy at any cost". This is different from the Bush and Romney era "it's okay if we lose as long as we stick to our principles".

It's not controversial to say that the R base has gotten a lot more caustic in recent years. It's because they are fed up with being betrayed when it comes to policy, and they don't care about decorum anymore. Well, most of them.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; April 20, 2023, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          If you want to win the general election you need someone better than DeSantis. .
                          Have you actually seen what Biden has been "doing" for the last two years? And the D's are seriously expecting him to run again? But, it's not like they've got anybody else (besides your go-to girl Gretch).

Mind you, the republicans aren't likely to do anything smart, either, That doesn't mean that they couldn't.

Comment

• Policy debates are ineffective against Trump's OODA Loop of bullshit. You have to neutralize that first if you hope to fight on policy grounds. But if you get to policy grounds, DeSantis has a 6 week abortion ban and numerous votes on cutting entitlements and that's a huge problem against Trump. He will use those stances as a cudgel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I think that the opposite is true. The Republican base is shifting to "policy at any cost".This is different from the Bush and Romney era "it's okay if we lose as long as we stick to our principles".

It's not controversial to say that the R base has gotten a lot more caustic in recent years. It's because they are fed up with being betrayed when it comes to policy, and they don't care about decorum anymore. Well, most of them.
                              Abortion absolutists on line one... Failure to moderate on a single issue cost them dearly in the midterms.

Comment

• Why is Trump going after Desantis but not Tim Scott or Nikki Haley? He fears only Desantis. I am getting sick of seeing and hearing his attacks on Desantis...and I think it is going to backfire on DJT...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X