No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I understand the situation correctly, AB hired a woke woman who decided that effeminate men were a group that she wanted to focus on for more sales of their beer. Problem is, effeminate men are only a tiny sliver of the male market that buys beer. So, she decided to go very publicly after that small sliver of the market, and in doing so, alienated the vast majority of the beer buying market. So, she will reap the reward for her strategy, which is that majority will now buy beer from someone else. I'm not sure that the grand poohbah's of AB will like the idea of a marketing strategy that alienates the vast majority of the beer-buying public, but I guess that remains to be seen.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

You must be more in tune with the TikToker's than I cuz I had never heard of this person until every rightwing hack on the planet wanted to make sure I know all about him.
      I hadn't heard of him until The Chairman let him interview him. I hadn't a clue who he was and then The Chairman sat down with him.

Now, I certainly understand if you The Chairman on permanent ignore, but come the fuck on.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If you're a regular Bud Light drinker, then you already have terrible taste, judgment, and are likely a drooling moron. If you give up your lifelong love affair with Bud Light because they're trying to market themselves to a LGBTQ audience, in an ad campaign that's extremely easy to ignore, then you're even fucking dumber than you were before.

Comment

• Once again DSL misses the entire point. Her high heels must be on too tight...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I hadn't heard of him until The Chairman let him interview him. I hadn't a clue who he was and then The Chairman sat down with him.

Now, I certainly understand if you The Chairman on permanent ignore, but come the fuck on.
            It would be a fair statement to say i do not pay close attention to Joe's daily meetings except when an incredible whopper gets generated, like the "I knew gay marriage was the right thing to do back in 1962 when my dad taught me about love".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              If you're a regular Bud Light drinker, then you already have terrible taste, judgment, and are likely a drooling moron. If you give up your lifelong love affair with Bud Light because they're trying to market themselves to a LGBTQ audience, in an ad campaign that's extremely easy to ignore, then you're even fucking dumber than you were before.
              All of this is true. And none of it changes the fact that Progs want to use men pretending to be adolescent girls to promote various products INCLUDING sports bras and none of it changes the fact that if you point out the absurdity of this shit you're labeled a bigot and "transphobic" by Progs.

I appreciate you taking the time to dress up the "it's not relly happening/nothing to see here" approach most less Prog Ds take to this -- rather than actually saying how mind-boggling stupid the Prog position is. And I appreciate that you even take the time to blame Rs for all this shit.

I mean, it's trademark shit -- "There's nothing to see here and if there is it's all the fault of the Right."

Genius.

Comment

• In any event, the REAL issue of the week is The Chairman's ludicrous EV mandate.

Comment

• Product spokespersons are irrelevant to me. They are there to increase market share. A paid trans product endorser isn’t a real issue. To me, anyway.

That said: There are real issues with trans politics and policies that are changing things for the worse. I think an uproar over a trans person being paid to hawk Bud Light takes the focus off those real issues.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The administrative state on full display at its destructive worst.

Comment

• DSL the point is, the beer drinking market is made up of more drooling idiots, than it is the LGBTQ persuasion. To me, I'd throw the LGBTQ bunch right in with the drooling morons, because its all the same to me. But, I'm not a marketing person, so what do I know ...

Seems like the owners of AB would want their products marketed to the most people who will actually go to the party store and buy the beer. But instead, they'd rather sell it to gay bars and Ohio State fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Product spokespersons are irrelevant to me. They are there to increase market share. A paid trans product endorser isn’t a real issue. To me, anyway.

That said: There are real issues with trans politics and policies that are changing things for the worse. I think an uproar over a trans person being paid to hawk Bud Light takes the focus off those real issues.
                        Bud Light -- yes. Nike WOMEN sports bras? That's sort of squarely on the issue.

The Bud Light shit you just shake your head and wonder if that's the best approach to the folks who buy Bud Light. But, you don't have to suspend reality. The Nike sports bra shit, though, most sane people viscerally react with a "WTF?".

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          The administrative state on full display at its destructive worst.
                          It should startle anyone that The Chairman is using the administrative state to control an entire market. But, you know, it's the right that are fascists and authoritarians.

Comment

• I don’t care about sports bras. Even sillier is he was paid to hawk Tampax, lol.

Is it ridiculous? Yeah, absolutely, but it’s not an issue with me, but I get the stance that it is a normalization of the mental illness that opens the door to the things that I do care about (aiding and encouraging children to surgically, chemically, and socially transition in secrecy from their parents, womens sports being completely railroaded with men competing, and a Third Reich approach to dissent- basically, anyone who questions the above).
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              In any event, the REAL issue of the week is The Chairman's ludicrous EV mandate.
                              He and his people just continue down that dark tunnel. Nobody talks about the materials and the third world labor that goes into building the batteries that go into EV's. The left used to call itself the champions of people who were taken advantage of by 'the rich'.

Its not exactly retired auto workers that are making the profits off the 3rd world laborers who dig the materials out of the ground to build those batteries. And we haven't even had the discussion of what happens to batteries that are spent and no longer useable.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                I don’t care about sports bras. Even sillier is he was paid to hawk Tampax, lol.

Is it ridiculous? Yeah, absolutely, but it’s not an issue with me, but I get the stance that it is a normalization of the mental illness that opens the door to the things that I do care about (aiding and encouraging children to surgically, chemically, and socially transition in secrecy from their parents, womens sports being completely railroaded with men competing, and a Third Reich approach to dissent- basically, anyone who questions the above).
                                I agree with this more than Talent's position. Mulvaney isn't the face of Budweiser or Nike women's clothing. He's one piece of an ad campaign.

As far as the more serious trans issues go I said before I'm all for stricter regulation regarding any minors "transitioning". I won't go full hormone ban but open to requiring a shit-ton of signatures before allowing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X