Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFC

::::looks into booking ticket to.....Scotland?:::::::
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oil cans. Man, do I remember those.

One station I worked at put these poker chip things in the cans. It was a sales incentive for us attendants. A blue chip was 1.00, a red chip was 2.00, and the rare gold chip was 5.00. You put the oil in the customer's car, then shook the can. If you heard a chip clanking in there, you took it to the boss, and he opened the can the rest of the way, and paid you on the spot for your 'reward'. I never got a gold chip. Those nozzles were just small enough to keep the chip in the can.

Ah, the olden days
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        JFC

::::looks into booking ticket to.....Scotland?:::::::
        If it's a one-way ticket your friends here will donate it with tremendous pleasure. It'll be a hard life in the turnip fields, but an honest one. AA can instruct you on the difference between breakfast peat and supper peat and which hand to use when eating your boiled haggis.

Comment

• hateful

Comment

• I'm just gonna say...the only decent bagpipe solo...EVER...is in It's a Long Way to the Top. It may be the only semi-redeeming thing about the whole of Scotland.

And if you disagree, please call my complaints hotline at 1-800-EAT-SHIT

Also, 1979 Malibu. 3 on the floor. Brakes that generally stopped the car with enough lead time.

Comment

• Sorry, but your nightly bagpipe serenade will be a seemingly endless rendition of "Loch Lomond" followed up by the greatest Presbyterian hymns of the 1840's. No AC/DC. Literally, no electricity.

Come morning you shall be awakened by "It's a Long Way to Tipperary", in a demonstration that the Scots and the Irish are but one people, united.

Comment

• You know, you can be half-decent at prickery when not otherwise defending all things Cornell, Squad and Golden Girls.

Comment

• DSL is Navin R. Johnson...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• My first car was a 69 Buick Lesabre.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      Oil cans. Man, do I remember those.

One station I worked at put these poker chip things in the cans. It was a sales incentive for us attendants. A blue chip was 1.00, a red chip was 2.00, and the rare gold chip was 5.00. You put the oil in the customer's car, then shook the can. If you heard a chip clanking in there, you took it to the boss, and he opened the can the rest of the way, and paid you on the spot for your 'reward'. I never got a gold chip. Those nozzles were just small enough to keep the chip in the can.

Ah, the olden days
                      Just last year I finally threw my old oil spout away. I probably hadn't used it for at least 20 years, but I guarantee that wherever that SOB is now, it is sitting in a puddle of oil.

779819280_fullsize.jpg

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• My first car:

GTO.jpg
                        I too worked a gas station and managed to save up $500. I talked my Dad into loaning me 1200 bucks and I bought it used for $1700!!! Before this one, I learned to drive my Dad's 60' Buick Lesabre. Late at night before I was 16, my best friend and I would push the Buick out of the garage to the street, crank it up and off we went. Parents never the wiser :

Buick.jpg

The GTO was a stock 389/325hp. I was a drag-race junky and ran this GTO multiple times in stock class at Motor City Dragway turning a 14.5 quarter with a trap speed of 100mph. When I was 19 ( a freshman at UM), I worked a night shirt in the Corvair Plant in Ipsi installing brake lines at $13/hour (that was a lot!). I paid my Dad back and spent the rest all on the GTO boring the stock 389 engine to 405 CI, installing dual 4-barrel carbs a big old hi-lift cam and cut out exhausts. Before I75 was completed and open, it was a great drag strip and I won money after work racing against Dodge's hemis. This is an example of one of my victims - stock 64 Hemi, 426hp - note the slicks and the rear suspension (yes, stock! Muscle cars with dealer add-on we're huge sellers). The only way I could beat this car was a perfect hole shot that got me 3-4 car lengths. Failing that I was toast. The big Hemi had great mid and top end power.

Dodge.jpg
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• My first wheels...Tractor.jpg
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's pretty impressive that the petroleum was still in dinosaurs when you guys started using it.

Comment

• image.png​my first car

Comment

• Geezer's first car...Flintstones Car.jpg
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X