No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no room for middle ground here in this nation. We are not uber well behaved Japan( free but no guns) or even nice Canada ( relatively free with some guns). We are an uber free but nutty nation. Either get rid of all guns and become North Korea and China or allow them and have freedom but mass shootings. It's not like there's been an increase in mass shootings. We have the same as in over the last 5 decades. Just every one of them now get full social media treatment. Remember this crime was committed by a rifle so that means no guns period. Delusional to feel safe with gun laws, anyway, with over 600 million total legal and not legal out there. I like the chance to protect myself with a firearm, personally.

Comment

• Remember this crime was committed by a rifle so that means no guns period.
      Was it a rifle? The pic from this morning showed a guy with a hand gun.

I'm behind on the fake news today.

Comment

• It was a handgun. But I’m sure it will be used as an argument to ban assault weapons.

Comment

• The Chairman was already on the attack!
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
            Was it a rifle? The pic from this morning showed a guy with a hand gun.

I'm behind on the fake news today.
            I heard last night it was a rifle. My bad then. I haven't been glued to the box..

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post

I heard last night it was a rifle. My bad then. I haven't been glued to the box..
              Apologies not necessary here, particularly when addressing the semi-coherent THE_WIZARD_

Comment

• Democrats always try to take advantage of tragedy.

Republicans in contrast do not believe in altering policy to respond to reality. That’s the sign of moral and intellectual integrity.

Comment

• STFU
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    STFU
                    Eat an entire package of Ex-Lax tonight and try to understand how your customers have felt all these years. Ya rat bastard.

Comment

• A love ditty my daughter wrote a few years ago...

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Eat an entire package of Ex-Lax tonight and try to understand how your customers have felt all these years. Ya rat bastard.
                        You mean how I feel after reading your posts?
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

You mean how I feel after reading your posts?
                          I’ll have to post more often!!!

Comment

• Hey it works better than Dulcolax!
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There's been a recent rash of suicides among high ranking military officers who hold positions that allow them to "command" from Moscow. I haven't seen a list of commanders killed in battle in a while but there was a long list of them early in the war and then a rash of them when Ukraine mounted it's counter offensive last summer. The latest is Makarov whose name I have seen mentioned by ISW as having commanded something in Ukraine, was relieved and then held an administrative position in Moscow. From Yahoo News:

Maj Gen Makarov was deputy head of the Main Directorate for Combating Extremism.

The Putin regime uses the term “extremist” to describe its opponents, including jailed opposition leader Alexei Navalny and those involved in anti-government protests.

He was described in Russia as the main organiser in the “hunt” for “inconvenient” opposition activists and journalists.

Last summer, retired Federal Security Service Maj Gen Yevgeny Lobachev and Foreign Intelligence Service Maj Gen Lev Sotskov were found dead in what were reported to be two separate suicides.

Col Vadim Boiko, who was involved in Putin’s mobilisation of new recruits, was found dead with gunshot wounds in a suspected suicide in November.

His widow said he “executed” himself with five gunshots in the chests after allegedly being blamed for some of the problems plaguing Putin’s illegal invasion of Ukraine.

https://news.yahoo.com/russian-gener...194151071.html

The Russians are having a very bad time of it lately ...... in other news, this link contains an interview with a Ukrainian Guardsman (Civil Defense unit) who is in charge (to what degree I don;t know) of the defense of Bakhmut. It gives a unique and unusually detailed battlefield level observations of the fight for this city. It appears the Russians simply aren't equipped to take it after about 2 months of trying and failing.

A Russian general who led a suppression of opposition activists shot himself in the head after being sacked by Vladimir Putin.

Of course, Putn continues to portray successes when in reality, that coming from reporters on the ground writing real time stories and interviewing actual soldiers and commanders, he's losing. Iin the process of losing, he is depleting the once held advantage in manpower, armor and artillery he had over the Ukrainians. Analysts believe the Russian army is no longer capable of mounting a successful, full scale, offensive operation in eastern Ukraine - the expectation of western analysts a month ago.

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 14, 2023, 09:18 PM.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• His widow said he “executed” himself with five gunshots in the chests
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X