No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• far as trump desantis goes ---trump got desantis over the finish line in florida in 2018. I don't think Ronny D will run

Comment

• Whatever. Trumper. Denier. Semi-Fascist. MEGA-MAGA dolt.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Hannibal:

It's certainly fair of you to say "if we focus entirely on DJT and election-denying we miss other causes." That doesn't mean the former isn't a cause nor does it mean it's not a significant cause.

But, if it is easier to focus on what actually works instead of searching for the various things that don't, then that's an acceptable path, IMO. And I would very much look at DeSantis and Georgia and, to a lesser extent, NC and even Ohio. But, Georgia/Florida would be my focus. And maybe some Texas (forgot about them).

Finally, I don't know if you consider Mandela Barnes a bad candidate, but my wife did and I know a lot of Ds who did -- and she bemoaned the fact that they were giving away a chance to win Wisconsin. It turned out closer than you'd like, but Barnes ran behind the Governor and lost. He was most definitely (IMO) and bad candidate for the Ds for Wisconsin.
        Barnes was too progressive and it probably cost them. But the problem is trying to find the better mythical candidate. There isn't much of a bench in in Wisconsin, the Republicans own the legislature. Barnes is the Lt. Governor and there isn't much else there. The SOS is a Democrat but he has been the SOS since 1982.

Comment

• Well, again, I'm not so interested in the why. The what is the point.

Now, sure, there wasn't a close primary that could have gone either way in Wisconsin (like say, Pennsylvania). But, I think most Ds recognized that Barnes was a suboptimal candidate for Wisconsin. It wouldn't have taken much to beat Johnson. And Barnes did, in fact, run behind Tinkers to Evers.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Those are the saddest of possible words, Tinker to Evers to Chance

Comment

• Democracy dies in wokeness:

471825d1ec0b1943.png

Comment

• Racist sharks?
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  Racist sharks?
                  Ra-cist shark! Doo da doo da doo. Ra-cist shark! Doo da doo da doo

Comment

• ...DJT is a racist shark!
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I actually had to go to the WaPo to confirm that was real. LOL.

This is, btw, as SOP for "the Media" as it possibly gets. It's not an OpEd. It's NEWS. And the way you do it is find some experts that support your narrative and couch it in terms of "experts say". Then it's just reporting facts -- well the fact of expert opinion. Then present zero opposing views. It's such a textbook example. Almost too perfect -- like a Babylon Bee parody. But, man....LOL at this shit:

“‘Shark Week’ further concentrates power (in the form of publicity and media attention) in the hands of white male ‘featured scientists,’ exacerbating academic power imbalances,”
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This is real too. And your tax dollars are paying for it because this is a public university professor.

But don't worry, there's no such thing as institutionalized anti-White bigotry.

Comment

• Breaking: gas is 1 cent cheaper per gallon at the pump than it was a year ago.....$3.33 v $3.34. BIDEN BOOM. Never mind my go to lunch sandwich was $8 a year ago, it's now $12.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Griner released in prisoner swap. Russia got Viktor Bout back, a notorious arms dealer. Not thrilled about that.
                            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; December 8, 2022, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              Breaking: gas is 1 cent cheaper per gallon at the pump than it was a year ago.....$3.33 v $3.34. BIDEN BOOM. Never mind my go to lunch sandwich was $8 a year ago, it's now $12.
                              Sell one of your homes or your yacht and maybe you can afford the sammich, chief

Comment

• Griner released in prisoner swap. Russia got Viktor Bout back, a notorious arms dealer. Not thrilled aobut that.
                                Yay. The world is a slightly shittier place today. We traded an arms dealer for an America-hating turd.

Comment

Working...
                                X