Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    DSL:

The Babylon Bee, in response to USAT naming Rachel Levine Women of the Year, named Rachel Levine Man of the Year. So, you know, that's transphobic and hateful.
    Not using someone’s “preferred pronouns” would get you suspended, as well. And I’m not anti gay or anti trans. A clip of of Austin Powers saying, “That’s a man, baby!” would get you suspended, too. It’s just completely ridiculous.
    Attached Files
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I personally find the Bee less funny than the Onion, whose been doing their thing a lot longer, but every once in a while they drop a zinger.

The Onion has a lot more 'slice of life' humor. Headlines like "HR Director reminds employees that any crying done in office must be work-related". The Bee is mainly political satire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        I personally find the Bee less funny than the Onion, whose been doing their thing a lot longer, but every once in a while they drop a zinger.

The Onion has a lot more 'slice of life' humor. Headlines like "HR Director reminds employees that any crying done in office must be work-related". The Bee is mainly political satire.

The Onion is like a newspaper (I actually remember when it actually was just that). It has a politics tab, sports, etc, etc. it -like the Bee- is hit and miss but both occasionally cause some gut laughs. Banning it, or fact checking it, is just asinine.​
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yeah I don't remember what year it was but I remember visiting DC and the Onion print version was just given away for free in machines set up next to USA Today and The Post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Yeah I don't remember what year it was but I remember visiting DC and the Onion print version was just given away for free in machines set up next to USA Today and The Post.
            Same. I got handed one in Union Station in DC. 1992 iirc.

Comment

• "Taliban Spokesman Badrash Onmyrhir"

LOL

Classic Bee.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• At any rate, Elon can grovel and beg all he wants for Trump to return but he’s a TRUTH man now. Gonna have to join up over there if you want immediate access to hot bangers like this:

Comment

• So does this mean that Trump placed honest Justices on the USSC?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    So does this mean that Trump placed honest Justices on the USSC?
                    No it just means that Trump is a fucking clown ( but we all knew that)
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

No it just means that Trump is a fucking clown ( but we all knew that)
                      Don't be such a grouch. Sometimes you're almost as bad as The Wizard ... But not quite.

Comment

• Liney, in the spirit of the holiday and being thankful, most of all, that I'm not THE_WIZARD_, I will tell you only to STFU and charitably omit the ESAD and GFY you so richly deserve.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Don't be such a grouch. Sometimes you're almost as bad as The Wizard ... But not quite.
                          Ha!

I follow the Donald J Trump satire page on Facebook.

It is obviously satire, but sometimes with Trump's insanity it is hard to tell the difference.

This post on Truth Social could easily be from that site.

BTW, the responses from Trumpsters that don't realize it's satire are pretty funny.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Liney, in the spirit of the holiday and being thankful, most of all, that I'm not THE_WIZARD_, I will tell you only to STFU and charitably omit the ESAD and GFY you so richly deserve.
                            Thanks. I appreciate the consideration.

Especially since on Saturday at abou 3:30 pm, I'l be starting another 90 day period of sorrow, wrt my favorite football team.

Comment

Touché. Comparing THE_WIZARD_ to CGVT is like comparing Steak to Bologna...respectively.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• A $7 steak that's been in a freezer for two years and then horribly overcooked and covered in ketchup

Comment

Working...
                                X