No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Qatar, I have had people assure me that most from the area pronounce it ‘cutter,’ but the state-sponsored Qatari ad and the announcers are all saying ’k’TAR’.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Who gives a rats arse...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The US faces Wales tomorrow at 1pm (central).

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Welch.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I actusally got that ..... asshat.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If you ignore AA you negate AA. And we’re all better off.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well said.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Thirded.

Comment

• Qatar becomes the first host country to lose the opening match. At least I heard someone say that (didn’t check it).

Anyway, the Qatari government placing tourism ads is just hilarious. I love travel; travel is my thing, but someone would have to pay me handsomely to visit.

Them showing Qataris playing soccer in the desert is also kinda funny.

In short, fuck FIFA, fuck Cutter, and fuck Talent - all three on general ethical principles.

Comment

• Hard to disagree with any of that. You’ve earned yourself a Bud Zero! Enjoy!
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It still refuse to believe that Wales is an actual country. This is just some bullshit that allows the Brits to get in their B team.

Comment

• You know the Welch are bad when even the Irish look down on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          If you ignore AA you negate AA. And we’re all better off.
                          Seconded, thirded, fourthed, fifthed and sixthed.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So, yeah, M survived a close game to a determined Bret Bielema leading his illini players to a valiant effort wrecked by a pick play that, according to him, was never called by the refs and vociferously protested by Bielema .... thanks Wiz for clearing the rules up on this. Was an M receiver illegally downfield blocking on what was a by the book pic play blocked illegally - OPI? I don't give a fuck at this point. But what's going on in Ukraine you ask?

The Russians are moving their best, but beat up units - what's left of them - from the South West (Kherson Oblast) to the Donetsk region. At the same time they are reinforcing these units with what amounts to cannon fodder of mobilized young men, poorly trained and equipped to die for Putin's stupidity. Compared to the 1000km front line the Russian Army has proven incapable of defending, we're talking about a 5th of that (not including whatever they chose to defend on the left bank of the Dnipro and east of Kharkiv. In Donetsk though, the sheer force of numbers of troops on the Russian side is going to create problems for the Ukrainian army in the mid-term. Ukraine is not likely going to be able to kick the Russians out of the majority of the Donbas - a Zelenski goal. The long term is another matter entirely not so much dependent on what's going on in the battle space but rather in the world at large - lets get to that.

Analysts at the COPT-27 Summit are surmising that China and India have made subtle shifts that suggest these two countries are becoming more openly opposed to Putin's war, although they don't say that being careful to only agree to carefully worded statements. There was a joint condemnatory statement of the hostilities and loss of life in Ukraine at the hands of the Russians released at the COPT-27 Summit.This following a similar but much stronger (non-binding) resolution from the UN GA. A rejoinder that the COPT-27 summit is not intended to address security measures and that there are other views of the conflict was added at the behest of Chinese officials in attendance.

The consensus is that Putin stands nearly alone in his quest to eliminate Ukraine and Ukrainian culture from the map of eastern Europe, making the land previously named Ukraine part of Russia. Is this going to stop Putin from trying to do that? Doesn't look like it to me.

I read an interesting review of a newly released bio of this Polish soldier and statesman, Marshal Jozef Pilzudski, whose activities while he was influential from the early 1900s to his death in 1935, hold lessons for what is going on in Ukraine. The key points, and you can read the whole article below at the link, is that there can be no democracy in western Europe without a free and democratic Ukraine. Pilzudski saw Czarist Russia's expansionist imperialism as a threat to Poland, Lithuania, Belarus and an emerging free (from the grips of Czarist Russia) Ukraine. He even lead Polish cavalry troops into Kiev in support of Ukrainian Nationalists there who established a short lived Ukrainian independent democracy, 1918-21 following the Bolshevik Revolution. He also was urged but never did join the White/Red conflict inside Russia after the Czar was deposed on the side of the Whites. He was a democrat, a Polish nationalist and a staunch opponent of the rise of the Soviet Union and Communism after the Czar was offed. He also warned of the dangers of Hitler's Germany to Poland, Ukraine and Lithuania but died before he could influence the politics of that day in 1932-35.

Anyway, if there was any question in your mind that Putin is nothing more than a modern world Czarist, advancing Russian expansion and imperialistic intentions in all of eastern Europe and at the expense of the western powers, the rule of law and democratic governance, the bio of this guy puts that in historical context and makes the western power's continued arming of the Ukrainians to stop Putin in 2023 just as important as Marshall Pilzudki's warnings and actions taken to protect Poland, Lithuania, Belarus and Ukraine from Russian domination from the early 1900s until his death in 1935. That Putin will stand alone in trying to achieve his goals by force in the world of civilized leaders who seek peace and stability and are condemning it is a notable thing.

NEW YORK (AP) — One hundred years ago, a revolutionary Polish patriot argued that Russia’s hunger for territory would continue to destabilize Europe unless Ukraine could gain independence from Moscow.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• *Bert

Comment

• No its not.

Comment

Working...
                                X