Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

As they should have. Banning abortion IS their platform.

Jesus.
    Banning abortion with no exceptions is the R platform? All R's support an all out ban? Umm...no.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

OK sure πŸ™„
      Birth Control Access Bill Blocked In Senate By Republican

A request to pass by unanimous consent a bill codifying federal rights to contraception was blocked by Sen. Joni Ernst, a Republican from Iowa. Democrats warn that some states will start restricting birth control and those measures could be held up by the currently constituted Supreme Court. Axios: Senate Republicans Block Dem Request To Pass Birth Control Access BillSen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) on Wednesday blocked a unanimous consent request to pass legislation that would have created a federal right to birth control use. Driving the news: Democrats moved to pass the bill through unanimous consent β€” meaning the bill would have been deemed passed had no one objected β€”in response to Justice Clarence Thomas' concurring opinion overturning Roe v. Wade, in which he said the Supreme Court should reconsider its precedents that protect access to contraceptives. (Gonzalez, 7/27)​
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Well it's really not a lie that Republicans would love to slash medicaire and social security, along with ALL entitlements.
        That's not very true anymore. Trump basically ended that as a campaign issue for Republicans.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

Dems are great at telling the American people that a decrease in the increase of something is a cut. If SS and Medicare were due to get 5% increase and then it was voted to make it 4%...they call it a cut to peoples benefits...things are cut and added all the time in the budgetary process of lots of things in D.C....but the D's love word playing...and D's have voted for reductions in increases over the years plenty of times.

"We have nothing to offer...but fear itself..."

Heaven forbid if the government spends a little less than anticipated in the budgetary process. For fuck sake we just spent $4 Trillion on BBB...
          lol Rick Scott wasn't proposing a reduction in the COLA adjustment to Social Security. He was proposing that social security, and ALL entitlements pretty much, would automatically expire after 5 years unless explicitly renewed by Congress. He knew what he was proposing. A Republican Congress would decline to re-authorize most of those programs or (at best) significantly reduce the benefits.

At the same time he was also proposing raising taxes on pretty much anyone below a six figure income. The poor and middle class aren't paying their fair share compared with the rich. I forgot about that part.

It's all Koch brothers inspired shit. But I'll give him a point for honesty. Most Republicans would like to do those things but realize they're politically unpopular.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
            Birth Control Access Bill Blocked In Senate By Republican

A request to pass by unanimous consent a bill codifying federal rights to contraception was blocked by Sen. Joni Ernst, a Republican from Iowa. Democrats warn that some states will start restricting birth control and those measures could be held up by the currently constituted Supreme Court. Axios: Senate Republicans Block Dem Request To Pass Birth Control Access BillSen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) on Wednesday blocked a unanimous consent request to pass legislation that would have created a federal right to birth control use. Driving the news: Democrats moved to pass the bill through unanimous consent β€” meaning the bill would have been deemed passed had no one objected β€”in response to Justice Clarence Thomas' concurring opinion overturning Roe v. Wade, in which he said the Supreme Court should reconsider its precedents that protect access to contraceptives. (Gonzalez, 7/27)​
            There’s a difference between that and wanting to make it illegal.

Codifying it as a β€œright” means that the next step is to make it taxpayer funded. Good for her for blocking that horseshit.
            ​

Comment

• Last year, conservative Republicans in the Missouri legislature took a run at blocking Medicaid funding from going to Planned Parenthood, a frequent and prominent target of anti-abortion activists and politicians. But in the fine print of their measure, those Republicans revealed that their ambition wasn’t only to target a familiar abortion foe. They were going […]

​​​​​​ Some States Already Are Targeting Birth Control

​
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• If it walks like a duck...

Comment

• Also regarding Ukraine.........

WIthin the last couple of hours, it's being reported that the "G19" (Zelenski's term for the G20 because Russia's Putin isn't attending and shouldn't be considered a civilized participant in the global economy becasue he's a terrorist), will release a carefully worded statement condemning Russia's invasion of Ukraine. So what, you say? Well, it's just words but it appears both India and China will sign the declaration if the wording suits them and that's still in the works.

Putin's Russia is getting elbowed out of the discourse between the world's leadership. It is becoming obvious to even those who don't want to get entangled in mash-ups involving the three great powers that Putin's war in Ukraine was a terrible undertaking. If the declaration is adopted in its current form, it would go right along with today's UN GA's condemnation of Putin's Russia and be a just another strong rebuke of Putin's war that has killed thousands, heightened global security tensions and disrupted the world economy.

Leaders of the world's largest economies appear ready to send a strong message to Russia condemning its invasion of Ukraine.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

Banning abortion with no exceptions is the R platform? All R's support an all out ban? Umm...no.
                    Realistically speaking there is no chance of a nationwide abortion ban passing both houses of Congress. But I expect a Republican House to try at least once. The base demands it. It'll be exactly like those dozens of votes to repeal Obamacare during the Boehner years. All for show. Even more moderate R's can feel safe voting for it because they know it'll die in the Senate.

Last I saw a raw count there are 160+ House Republicans that believe personhood begins at conception. If you codify that it means abortion is illegal under almost all circumstances. But belief and passing a law are different things I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                      I'm sure the repulican votes in aricopa county have already disappeared

Just like the tape of Mr pelosi's and his blind date

or Jeffrey epsteins night in jail

or seth riches laptop

or body cam evidence from mar-a lago

or Jan 6th the complete video library

and on and on

but repubs got the house and get to run against biden and harris in 2024

hopefully learn how to win the game in 2024

they're getting there

good thing about the youngsters--eventually they turn into old bastards

every generation has less of the former and more of the latter

Crash - do you think telling McCain supporters that she didn't want their vote was a winning strategy?

I'm just a schlub on the internet, your tinfoil hat conspiracy theories confuse and frighten me. But to me, a winning candidate should try to get every vote and not tell people to pound sand. The Republican congressional candidates got a lot more votes than your girl Kari Lake. Those McCain supporters simply didn't vote for her or voted for Hobbs after she told them not to vote for her.

Comment

• Just so people don’t think I’m making this all up, here’s a conservative from NR sarcastically praising Rick Scott’s popular agenda and wise Senate spending.

The dude went rogue on McConnell because he wants his job and eventually the Presidency. Half the Senate thinks they’re gonna be President one day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

The district of which you speak was redrawn. Anyhow, good fucking riddance to Meijer. And he would have lost too.

In Colorado the Rs ran a Liberal cuckold, anti-Trumper and he still underperformed Trump.

Trump is but the symptom of a larger problem. And that problem is that the Baby Boomer era of Republican leadership has been an unmitigated disaster. There was no national platform. There was no leadership. Bitch McConnell spent money helping Republicans beat other Republicans. Time for these assclowns to go. Bring in a new set of leaders who actually give a shit about serving their constituents.
                          ​
                          Are you saying the candidates weren't Trumpy enough? I agree.

Comment

• I mentioned the race from Colorado, but Latina John McCain (i.e. Mayra Flores) lost her election too.
                            ​

Comment

• Colorado is a big, blue paradise a lot of California transplants. To win an election you have to get persuadables.

Comment

• Colorado is becoming another shithole like Cali yes.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X