• Show
Clear All

• Lake will lose
    • She will fight
    • She will lose lawsuits and Hobbs will be Governor
    • Arizona shenanigans will continue

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
      I know im blocked by everyone so it doesn't really matter but from what I see the reptards really didn't want to win. Shit is too fucked up to really fix. Bad times coming this next year...Stock up on essentials.
      Democracy is saved. All is well. Biden says no more drillin' and no new coal mines. It's all pinwheels to power us through winter. But no worries because our planet is still burning so heating costs will be low.

Comment

• We’re a banana Republic now. Get used to it.

The “Bad men create bad times” box of the famous meme is pretty much inevitable at this point.

Comment

• Not even Ohio is totally done counting votes. I'm almost certain Florida isn't either. You can check the SOS website yourself: still 181,526 outstanding absentee and provisional ballots uncounted in Ohio.

From the site:

Outstanding absentee ballots may be viewed by clicking the “Ballots Cast” tab. Outstanding absentee ballots include all absentee ballots requested by voters but not yet returned by the close of polls on November 8, 2022. Outstanding absentee ballots have up to 10 days after the election to arrive at their respective county board of elections to be counted. Outstanding provisional ballots are ballots that the bipartisan county boards of elections will consider for counting during the official canvass process. Qualifying provisional ballots will be included in the final official results. The outstanding absentee and provisional ballot count will update as each county completes their election night reporting.

Ohio Decides - Election Night Reporting - Governor and Lieutenant Governor (ohiosos.gov)

Anyone, ANYONE claiming "we used to stop all counting by midnight Election Night" is telling you lies. The media "calling" a race is vastly different that the state officially certifying results. And certification has historically always occured weeks after Election Day. Ohio's count isn't really over until at least 3 weeks after Election Day.​

Comment

• I hope she loses at this point. The governor of Arizona is of no use to me whereas a senator and house members are. The faster people realize that the Trumpy candidates are electoral poison, the better. As Talent has been saying, it's plainly obvious to anyone paying attention.

Look at MI-3 in WEST MICHIGAN. Yes, the district was redrawn in a way that was beneficial to the D candidate but Meijer beat the same D candidate, Scholten, by 6% in 2020. He got primaried (with D help) and Gibbs became the candidate in 2022. Scholten beat him by 13! That's a 19 point swing in 2 years against the SAME D candidate who might as well be a member of the squad. In west Michigan. In a climate that couldn't possibly be more hospitable to the party out of power.

Based on what I've been reading on conservative media, the general sentiment is that Trump and his hand-picked candidates are the biggest reason for the devastating midterm defeat. Support for Trump seems fairly muted with even the far right Trumpers taking a "wait and see" approach. It's clear to me that Desantis would win the R primary if it were held next week and I don't see that changing in the next year or two either. The problem will be that Trump will just run as a 3rd party candidate and siphon off enough votes to ensure the Ds win again. This will get worse before it gets better.

Comment

• The problem will be that Trump will just run as a 3rd party candidate and siphon off enough votes to ensure the Ds win again.
              We can only hope...

BTW, Let's get Liz Chaney out there running as an independent too
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'm curious why you cheer the destruction of our country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  I'm curious why you cheer the destruction of our country.
                  Hahahaha. That's rich.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• We are living in a time where many elections are very close and the way the population is distributed it makes the electoral math even closer. It's like the late 1800's in that regard.

Even a system as good as in Florida can take days to decide. The Bill Nelson/Rick Scott Senate race in 2018 was not called until 12 days after Election and forced an automatic recount.

Comment

• I just spent the weekend in Grand Rapids and that city is underrated jewel. Its getting better every time I visit it.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        I just spent the weekend in Grand Rapids and that city is underrated jewel. Its getting better every time I visit it.
                        I assume the roads are improving by the minute?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          I hope she loses at this point. The governor of Arizona is of no use to me whereas a senator and house members are. The faster people realize that the Trumpy candidates are electoral poison, the better. As Talent has been saying, it's plainly obvious to anyone paying attention.

Look at MI-3 in WEST MICHIGAN. Yes, the district was redrawn in a way that was beneficial to the D candidate but Meijer beat the same D candidate, Scholten, by 6% in 2020. He got primaried (with D help) and Gibbs became the candidate in 2022. Scholten beat him by 13! That's a 19 point swing in 2 years against the SAME D candidate who might as well be a member of the squad. In west Michigan. In a climate that couldn't possibly be more hospitable to the party out of power.

Based on what I've been reading on conservative media, the general sentiment is that Trump and his hand-picked candidates are the biggest reason for the devastating midterm defeat. Support for Trump seems fairly muted with even the far right Trumpers taking a "wait and see" approach. It's clear to me that Desantis would win the R primary if it were held next week and I don't see that changing in the next year or two either. The problem will be that Trump will just run as a 3rd party candidate and siphon off enough votes to ensure the Ds win again. This will get worse before it gets better.
                          The Dems are playing with fire promoting MAGA chumps to knock out reasonable Republicans. But it ended up paying off for them every single time, so until they get burned, they will probably keep doing it.

And speaking to that, here's something kind of funny I saw from a Republican defending McConnell's spending. What the hell did Trump do with all the money HE has been raising for the past 2 years? This guy claimed the DEMOCRATS spent more on MAGA Senate candidates than Trump lol. I don't know for a fact that's true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Also can anyone here name the guy who coordinated the Democrats' Senate election strategy? He's someone near and dear to your hearts, but he kept an extremely low profile as compared to Rick Scott on the Republican side.

Comment

• Funny the generic ballot results came out R +4.6…. not far off from a “red wave” number. That’s more than a seven point swing from 2020. And yet they are losing Senate seats and maybe barely getting the House.

I’d like to see some analytics on how this happened. Part of it was running up the score in Florida, but I don’t see how on average you can flip from D +3.1 to R +4.6 across the country and not see a massive shift in the outcomes.

Comment

• If you heard about the UVA shooting that happened late last night, the killer is an ex-member of the football team and at least one of the 3 dead is a current football player

UPDATE: UVA linebacker D' Sean Perry among 3 killed Sunday night (richmond.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

I assume the roads are improving by the minute?
                                No in this case, it is just a great downtown district. It seems like the last 10-15 years downtown GR gets cooler and cooler. If you were to list anything enduring about the governorship of Jennifer Granholm it would be her "Cool Cities" initiative.

Comment

Working...
                                X