No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to important world events not involving the US mid-terms and the last 5 pages of worthless banter.........

The Russians are actually pulling out of parts of Kherson Oblast according to local Ukrainian posters on various social media platforms. Videos included, showing armor being trucked out of Melipitol on the eastern side of the Kherson Oblast.This is a major Russian supply point seized early in the war way east of Kherson city. There is also video of Ukrainian soldiers strolling in the squares of suburban villages, previously controlled by Russian forces and administered by Russian installed governments around Kherson city being greeted by Ukrainian residents.

This is an essay posted in the NYT (paywalled but I'm providing the link because it is an interesting read if you can get to it). It portrays a hugely optimistic viewpoint of what the Ukrainian armed forces coordinated by the Zelenski government, aided by western arms in terms of money and military/intel support can obtain - no longer a fantasy the essayist states.

The main points are that the city of Kherson and the Kherson oblast in total is a key, strategic territory within Ukraine. The control of it provides the government that controls it the ability to hold the Black Sea Coast line of Ukraine and to the east the entire Donbas region - Ukraine's bread basket. To the SW, it is the key to sustaining control of Crimea. It may take years but the essayist opines, if Ukraine regains control of this strategically important territory, they will control the outcome of Russian imperial objectives to include control of Crimea. IOW, Putin will fail. What happens to him after that is an open question. Dictators who lose wars don't last long.

This assumes that the Russian armed forces have spent their load and there is some objective support for that view. Sanctions are hurting Russian defense industry in significant ways that are starting to have teeth. Russia cannot sustain its military adventurism.

One step at a time: Liberating the city of Kherson is the immediate military key and also highly symbolic. Analysts offer that while Russia is receiving arms support from Iran and NK those arms pale in comparison, both in quality and quantity, to what the west is providing - more lethal, survivable, technologically superior weapons. That the Ukrainians can succeed in forcing the Russians to abandon all its territorial objectives in Ukraine, including Crimea, pushing back against proxy and Russian puppet administrations and eliminating them, to be replaced by Ukrainian administrations, is possible. IMO, its a reach but the essayist paints a convincing picture this is no longer an unachievable fantasy given current circumstances involving a struggling Russian military organization, logistically crippled and rising political and civil tensions within Russia.

Side benefits include a clear victory for the current rules based status quo, existent since 1945, over autocratic states committed to militaristic, imperialistic expansion of their territory and global influence. There's no doubt the author has intent to influence government and politicians in the west to continue the massive and costly support of Ukraine's war with Putin (not the Russian people but with Putin's nationalistic ideology and the course he has chosen to implement it). BTW, western sources need to trumpet this message to counter Putin's propaganda that he is waging a war against western intent to destroy Russia. Obviously I agree with the essayist. Here's the link if you can get to it.

Ukraine’s defiance of Russian aggression paves the way for a free world that might prevail over Vladimir Putin’s autocratic regime.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Joe Biden:

"No more drilling"

"Wind and Solar are cheaper"

"We are shutting down these refineries"

Then..."Oil companies are charging too much and not bringing enough oil to market"

Is anyone fucking paying attention to this shit???
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Maricopa County. What a fucking disgrace. Clark County, NV as well but Maricopa is an absolute clusterfuck. Isn't Hobbs running that shitshow?
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          Maricopa County. What a fucking disgrace. Clark County, NV as well but Maricopa is an absolute clusterfuck. Isn't Hobbs running that shitshow?

Oh, grow up. They are following the law

For the adults in the room, what’s happening now with the delay in counting was entirely expected. It’s the product of close races and an early ballot system created by Republicans and run by Republicans.

A process that was made difficult because of the very Republicans who are now pitching a fit.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It's a fucked up system and to dispute that is fucking idiotic. Florida has twice the population and zero issues. AZ is a clusterfuck led by Hobbs. Period.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Mr. CEO of (insert corporation name) 75% of your workforce says the company is heading in the wrong direction...what say you? What will you change?

"Nothing"

That was The Chairman's response to America today. Arrogance on Steroids!!

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• And we don't hear of any democrats rushing to court trying to deny the results of the Florida elections now.

AlGore made his career of challenging Florida votes.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Oh...not so fast...CNN today was claiming that DeSantis gilded the system in FL to his advantage...leading to his 20 point win...they are Jim Crow 3.0!!!
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Al Gore conceded after the SC decision. Your boy Trump has never conceded. When you lose you should simply concede and move on. What you shouldn't do is nominate a bunch of foolish election deniers that is a millstone around your necks. Lineygoblue complains about the Michigan results but his party nominated all election deniers. That shit is toxic to persuadables.

I do give credit to Ron DeSanctimonious,.he wasn't an election denier to my knowledge. That's a plus in his column, so he has that going for him. He does have a problem about the 2018 election though. Just tonight Donald Trump finally admitted he fixed the election for RDS using federal agents.

Comment

• Only R's are deniers. Insurrectionists. Semi-Fascists. Just ask The Chairman.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Trump is not my boy. But keep that alive. It's all Progs have.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I was speaking to lineygoblue. Remember, he was the one who brought up Al Gore. But Trump is your boy and lineygoblue's boy, you defend him all the time and had no problem with the slate of kooky election deniers like Kari Lake. If you think election denying is a good campaign strategy, you aren't as smart as you think you are.

Comment

• I'm not defending election "denying" nor am I defending "my boy Trump". There are serious fucking issues with elections in several states but I guess we can't address that for fear of being called names...heh...it's funny though that it's not election "denying" when Dems question though...heh. There needs to be a consistent election process in all states including voter id as well as reasonable absentee voting. This month long early voting is ridiculous. The confidence in the process should be questioned (by both D and R) and fixed. Period.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• All states should go to the Florida model where the mail in votes are counted prior to election day. It was actually a good thing, they never wanted to repeat what happened in 2000.

Complaining about slowness is a lot different than what Trump did. He claimed it was stolen with no evidence whatsoever. Nobody in the GOP told him to STFU as they should have done. In fact you were rewarded by the GOP with a nomination if you went along with the charade.

A lot of what you are mad about from the results of this election are the consequences of nobody in the GOP reigning Trump in on the 2020 election and January 6th. There is probably a red wave instead of whatever this is.

Comment

Working...
                                X