No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NRO article that talent posted this morning explains why politicians and their campaign organizers - in this case D candidates and now, Biden - can simply make shit up, throw it on the wall and watch it stick.

My take is that polls seem to indicate that voters aren't buying the alternate realities that candidates want to have voters believe in. Parents aren't buying the alternate realty that D's are trying to mitigate the disaster that was COVID related school closures - they lived it and their kids are struggling to catch up. Inflation isn't the fault of government largess? That it is is pretty obviou. No one is buying that Biden's give money away policies are anti-inflationary when it costs $40 to fill up the tank every 3-5d if you drive to work all week long. Groceries to feed the family? The weekly grocery bill is up and hits discretionary spending in a family's budget big time. Going out for dinner? Forget it. A bowl of cereal will have to do. Biden's tone deaf energy policy will cost family's a lot more to heat their homes this winter and voters know it. Biden's economic policies praised by an obedient leftist press stink of protectionism and will not produce the kind of economic growth he touts.

Per Wiz red wave is coming. Blood bath ...... as it should be. Voters are pissed.

Like many of you I suspect, having just mailed in my absentee ballot in Broward Co. FL, If the candidate was an R, I voted for him/her, including Marco Rubio v. Val Demings. I don't agree with RUbio on a a lot of issues but he's an R. Big picture, I want the R's to control the US Congress, State governorships, the legislatures, county commissions, school boards and the courts. There is a higher likelihood these R candidates will vote my interests and the D candidates won't. Lazy? Maybe. But, over the last several years it has become obvious that the D's are, in general, so removed from the kind of governance and government polies that I might support as to render them unelectable. I will admit, there are some tight wing crazies out there I don't agree with but I consider them less of a threat to my political interests than what the likes of the D left, especially the radical D left, wants to bring to America. To be fair, I suspect most of the crazy ass right and their rhetoric is pandering to a base of voters they depend on to get elected. Once in office, those extreme views will moderate.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• man who allegedly attacked House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's husband early Friday posted memes and conspiracy theories on Facebook about Covid vaccines, the 2020 election and the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, and an acquaintance told CNN that he seemed "out of touch with reality."
      Ban hammers.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Especially the assault hammers. Those have to go.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Ban hammers.
          Funny joke man! Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            Especially the assault hammers. Those have to go.
            Political violence thrills this man

Comment

• 37f1efa453207888.jpg

Comment

• Ukraine ..... excerpts from the ISW evening report. Keep in mind that in eastern Ukraine, the Russians have put an emphasis on seizing a medium sized city named Bahkmut. From a military standpoint, that city controls access to important cities to the east in the Donetsk Oblast. Two things: if the Russian's can't take Bhakmut they risk losing key ground in Donetsk Oblast to an eastward advancing Ukrainian army. Donetsk is a key portion of the territory in the Donbas that has been controlled by Russian proxy forces, the DNR, since 2014. Currently, it is the primary operational area of the Wagner Group forces, It was also declared an independent state and annexed by Russia. Another humiliating loss for Putin if Ukraine actually retains control of Bhakmut and retakes key cities to the east of that city in Donetsk Oblast

Russian forces are likely falsifying claims of advances in the Bakhmut area to portray themselves as making gains in at least one sector amid continuing losses in northeast and southern Ukraine. Even the claimed rate of advance would be failure for a main effort in mechanized war--and the claims are, in fact, exaggerated.

Mobilized recruits without much training have been sent to the front to defend a line intended to prevent advances of Ukrainian forces eastward toward key Donetsk Oblast cities. This has predictably not gone well. There are reports from Russian milbloggers of units of new recruits refusing orders to man defensive positions. Commanders have assigned such units to 2nd and 3rd tier lines of defense. The main point is that the recent mobilization of men inside Russia to fight in Ukraine has increased the number of defenders but this has not contributed to increased capacity to defend previously occupied Ukrainian territory. Low moral, desertions and refusals of orders are the norm among new Russian army recruits.

In and around Kherson in Southern Ukraine, Russian forces are doing less withdrawing of men and equipment and more preparation for defense of Kherson City and the attendant urban warfare that will require.That never goes well and results in the destruction of the city. As previously posted Kherson city is a key in the defense of the Crimea. Russian army movements indicate that the importance of defending Kherson city and not having it fall into the hands of Ukraine is critical for Russia's hold on Crimea. To that end, reinforcement of the western bank of the Dnipro River has been observed. Instead of previous reports of withdrawal from the west to the east bank, the west bank is being reinforced. How successful these reinforcements are in the face of continued Ukrainian army counter-offensive operations remains unclear. What is clear from Russian moblogger reports is that Ukrainian interdiction missions targeting supplies, supply routes and concentrations of troops and supplies is having a major impact on defending Russian forces ammunition, food, fuel and water supplies. This has been a priority in the operations of Ukrainian forces since the start of the war and has been highly effective in blunting the combat effectiveness of Russian forces.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Really?

Well, all you contribute to this forum is being an asshole.

Nothing.

More.

Ever.

Talk to all the people who like you here. Leave me out of your cesspool. You are happy there all by yourself.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

We can conduct a full and comprehensive accounting of which side is more violent if you’d like. You seem to mention people being “thrilled by violence” a lot. Gaslighting?

Comment

• Democrats are civil people who abhor political violence and would never do anything to encourage it.

FEqxdTQVQAAKxgH.jpg:large.jpg

Comment

• LOL, Freedom Fund. The violence thrills her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

We can conduct a full and comprehensive accounting of which side is more violent if you’d like. You seem to mention people being “thrilled by violence” a lot. Gaslighting?
                          To his credit, it's better than BIDEN BOOM!!!!!
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Looks like a meme storm might be brewing!!!! BOMBS AWAY! MIXED METAPHORS!!!

792bbg91xnw91.png

Comment

• d3prlze9jqw91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=61d969e10638f4dc6a18eb8154ed715372e1bd35.jpg

Comment

• 0u0uq9o0wlw91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=3eae1826395c1bb1dcf634f13f1e858cf4aaa2d9.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X