Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• "First sentence of the Miami Herald article:

Diana Rosa Lopez isn’t sure exactly what started the fight between her son and an ex-white supremacist canvassing for Sen. Marco Rubio outside her home in Hialeah Sunday."

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...orylink=cpy​

It's absolute bullshit to make the Rubio supporter the bad guy while they run a picture of the criminal (who is on probation for other crimes) our fishing with a big smile on his face. This is absolutely disgusting.

Comment

• Mostly peaceful fight.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          More leftist violence.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...lly-motivated/

What exactly happened in that incident is in dispute as even the NR article notes. The police reports don't back up Rubio's claim that four people attacked this guy. The mother of the first attacker arrested is a registered Republican and Hialeah is a well-known Republican stronghold because it's full of Cubans.

Comment

• It sounds like the 4 people claim was incorrect but he made that very early on before more info came out. But the 2nd police report mentions the political angle of the altercation and there's surveillance video that corroborates the victims story.

Comment

• More importantly, I tried the limited time special sandwich at Jimmy John's, the All-American beefy crunch. Would not get again. Too much going on. It's basically trying to imitate a Big Mac but as a roast beef sandwich so it's got American cheese, lettuce, TWO kinds of onions (fresh & fried), pickles, and a bunch of thousand island dressing (that also has more pickles in it). It's a big sloppy mess and leaves you with breath that can wilt flowers.

Comment

• A little bit of gossip that I heard a while ago but keep forgetting to post

Chuck Grassley's 89 and it's an open secret around Iowa that he has no intention of completing his next term. He will retire in the next couple years (unless he dies) and the R Governor is widely expected to appoint Grassley's grandson, Patrick, in his place. Patrick's currently Speaker of the Iowa House of Reps.

It's all rubbed some people the wrong way and it wouldn't be surprising if this is his closest race since first winning election in 1980 (he'll still win though).

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  More importantly, I tried the limited time special sandwich at Jimmy John's, the All-American beefy crunch. Would not get again. Too much going on. It's basically trying to imitate a Big Mac but as a roast beef sandwich so it's got American cheese, lettuce, TWO kinds of onions (fresh & fried), pickles, and a bunch of thousand island dressing (that also has more pickles in it). It's a big sloppy mess and leaves you with breath that can wilt flowers.
                  Fuck that nonsense. I had a New Yorker sammich at Mccallister's...pastrami and corned beef on rye...pretty fucking good...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

Fuck that nonsense. I had a New Yorker sammich at Mccallister's...pastrami and corned beef on rye...pretty fucking good...
                    I've had that. Not like it's high grade pastrami or anything but it's not bad. I think there's only one McAllister's in the entire Columbus area and it's on the complete opposite side of the city from me in Dublin

Comment

• Well yeah it's no Katz's...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Three more dudes got convicted this morning in the plot to kidnap Gretch

Three men are convicted of supporting a plot to kidnap Michigan's governor : NPR

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          There might be something to your bloodbath theory. RCP is projecting Dixon to beat Whitmer (+1.9) but even more surprising to me is that they have Kildee's seat as a lean R (and a flip). It's hard to overestimate how poorly the Ds are viewed outside of the prog bubble given that Whitmer has outspent Dixon 20:1! That's insane. I'm also inundated with Kildee ads and flyers. It's like the GOP isn't even participating in Michigan and could still pull off a couple miracles.

Dixon actually had a campaign stop just around the corner from where I live at a local orchard on Saturday. I was out and about and decided to drive by to gauge the crowd and overall vibe. It was absolutely slammed. I'd say well over a thousand people at a local mom and pop joint. Maybe good old-fashioned campaigning will overcome the $23M (so far) that has bent spent on behalf of Whitmer? Now they're bringing Obama in to help out - a sure sign they know they're in trouble.
                          Maybe there's a critical mass of voters where the only $s that matter to them are the ones that come out of their own pockets. There's also a saturation point where people eventually just get sick of hearing the gibberish. Hearing Whitmer's non-stop boasting isn't doing her much good. Sure, there's the fools in Detroit and elsewhere that would vote for a dog because it begins with "D", but the more that everyone else sees that smug condescension reflecting off of Gretch's forehead, the more likely they are to vote against her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Maybe there's a critical mass of voters where the only $s that matter to them are the ones that come out of their own pockets. .
                            How can those people think about money when our very democracy is stake??

Comment

• As soon as Whitmer's done with the roads, she'll make sure to save that Democracy!

Comment

• Sure, there's the fools in Detroit and elsewhere that would vote for a dog because it begins with "D",
                                Thank God the Republicans would never do such a thing.

FTnbHpGXoAIWAbe.jpg
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X