No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if the Biden Crime Family might know some things...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      I wonder if the Biden Crime Family might know some things...
      I wonder if you'll ever STFU

Comment

• I think we ALL know the answer to that...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So basically it’s the plot of a boring Bond or Johnny English spy movie, but China. Gotcha. 😆 Significant press conference for sure. I had no idea it was happening to our country!
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• next governor of AZ

Comment

• Bolduc turning NH into an actual competitive race and the general situation in Arizona ought to terrify the Ds.

And I'm sure the response will be to tell voters they're focusing on the wrong shit (food, rent, living) and that democracy is at stake!!!!!!! (much like claims of JIM CROW ON STEROIDS!!!!).

I probably should have known better. I know how election cycles go and I knew there was always going to be some sort of media-driven "things are looking up" portion of the cycle. But the fundamentals are soooooooo bad for the Ds and, well, the leadership -- the President and VP -- are as completely and totally incompetent as any D since....Christ...Buchanan?

We'll see how the Oz-Fetterman debate goes. I'm still in the 50-50 Senate boat, but I dunno....things aren't looking all that promising for the Progs.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Red.Wave.Bloodbath.

Book it.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Math scores decline sharply nationwide on average. In, e.g., NYC and other havens of Prog governance, math scores drop by a shiton. Meanwhile, Florida ends up with its highest ever math proficiency ranks (for 4th and 8th grades).

DeathSantis. Never forget that fucking bullshit. DeathSantis.

Comment

• Math scores have declined and speech therapists are also reporting a massive uptick in toddlers and preschoolers with delayed speech problems.

I can't imagine how that could be happening.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; October 25, 2022, 07:31 AM.

Comment

• That's only because math is racist. So New York, as the good guys, are against it and Florida, as the great Satan, is teaching math... to children...

Comment

• 03b3d1c3033e308d.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Math scores decline sharply nationwide on average. In, e.g., NYC and other havens of Prog governance, math scores drop by a shiton. Meanwhile, Florida ends up with its highest ever math proficiency ranks (for 4th and 8th grades).

DeathSantis. Never forget that fucking bullshit. DeathSantis.
                          On the other hand in the Communist Republic of California math scores didn't decline by much and Los Angeles was the only major city to see it's reading scores IMPROVE

Scores nationwide crater on national math test, California’s not quite so much | EdSource

Comment

• Charles Cooke:

In the Times, Jonathan Weisman and Neil Vigor write that:
                            Democratic candidates, facing what increasingly looks like a reckoning in two weeks, are struggling to find a closing message on the economy that acknowledges the deep uncertainty troubling the electorate while making the case that they, not the Republicans, hold the solutions.

No such message is available. It’s too late. If President Biden had come into office last year and resolved to address the economy as it actually existed, he might have got away with a lot of what came next. But he didn’t. Instead, he decided that the real issues facing the country were an inconvenience to his agenda, and he resolved to ignore them as a result.

The result was eighteen months of hand-waving — it’s not going to happen; it’s going to happen but not much; it’s going to happen but not for long; it’s actually fine — coupled with a whole bunch of extraordinarily inappropriate policy measures that have made matters considerably worse. So utterly contemptuous have Biden and his party been toward inflation and its symptoms that, as late as August of this year, they still thought it would be a good idea to name a bill that they’d wanted for years the “Inflation Reduction Act,” and to hope that nobody noticed. Unsurprisingly, everybody noticed.

And now, two weeks before the midterms, they want to pivot back to the economy and insist that they feel everyone’s pain? Nah. The time for that has passed. This time, the pain is going to be theirs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

On the other hand in the Communist Republic of California math scores didn't decline by much and Los Angeles was the only major city to see it's reading scores IMPROVE

Scores nationwide crater on national math test, California’s not quite so much | EdSource
                              I thought the map in that article was interesting. I would say school closure duration was correlated and related to scores, but not directly causal.

Comment

• I'm guessing the remote learning stuff hurts certain subjects more than others. Reading CAN be fun and probably doesn't need as much goading and assistance from someone in-person like math.

Comment

Working...
                                X