Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Yeah, when The Chairman, who is doing everying in this power to turn the US green, goes overseas to lick Saudi boots for more fossil fuels, that deserves mocking in a political cartoon. You'd have to be willfully stupid not to understand that.
    It checks out.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Without Saudi Arabia's cooperation, Saddam would still be alive and ruling both Iraq and Kuwait.

But you'd like that, yes?
      Actually, heh, where's the problem?

Been reading a history of the US-Iran conflict and it's fairly evident that Kuwait and Saudi Arabia and the UAE manipulated us into taking over their defense and entangling us way deeper into that part of the world than we ought to be. And throughout the 80's they were all playing footsie with the Soviets too, playing us off each other to get the best possible arrangement for themselves. I truly see little difference in the Saudis and Iran except the Saudis don't have a murder boner for Israel. If Iran ever overthrows the Ayatollahs and becomes somewhat normal again, fuck off and farewell to the Middle East.

Comment

• So Kuwait 'allowed' Saddam to invade their country so that the US and the coalition forces would be forced to also invade and trap us into being there for decades.

That's impressive. Smart little rascals, they are.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The Detroit News has endorsed Dixon. And I'm finally see commercials for the first time against Big Gretch. It might be closer than I thought, but I think Whitmer wins.

Comment

• No, Kuwait started manipulating us before that. They wanted a big powerful country to protect its oil tankers from Iran in the Persian Gulf so they approached both the US and the Soviets with the same idea: let us fly your flag from all our ships so Iran will be scared to attack. In the end the US "won" the competition and we became the hired security for the Kuwaiti tanker fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              The Detroit News has endorsed Dixon. And I'm finally see commercials for the first time against Big Gretch. It might be closer than I thought, but I think Whitmer wins.
              I think Dixon would be a much better governor than Gretch, who has been the most self serving governor we've ever had. But in the end, this will be decided by Wayne County and the trunks full of 'previously uncounted mail in ballots" that seem to magically appear any time a Dem needs a push over the goal line. We'll have to wait for Gretch to be term limited to be finished with her. Too bad that isn't true for Stupidnow as well.

SE Michigan ballot counting is kind of like the "Bush Push" of Election Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                No, Kuwait started manipulating us before that. They wanted a big powerful country to protect its oil tankers from Iran in the Persian Gulf so they approached both the US and the Soviets with the same idea: let us fly your flag from all our ships so Iran will be scared to attack. In the end the US "won" the competition and we became the hired security for the Kuwaiti tanker fleet.
                Wow. That was some plan. And it actually worked.

You've been reading too many of my officiating posts.

Comment

• WWCAL

World Wide Conspiracy Against Liney
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    WWCAL

World Wide Conspiracy Against Liney
                    That's right. Its about time somebody noticed.

Comment

Wow. That was some plan. And it actually worked.

You've been reading too many of my officiating posts.
                      There is no conspiracy theory here. It's what happened. Kuwait wanted the US to protect its fleet and flirted with the Soviets to extract better terms from us. Lots of 3rd world shitholes did this during the Cold War.

Comment

• So, okay. You got me hooked. How did Kuwait trick Saddam into attacking? I want to see this.

Comment

So, okay. You got me hooked. How did Kuwait trick Saddam into attacking? I want to see this.
                          You're talking about something completely different. I'm talking about how the United States became responsible for protecting Kuwaiti barges in the Persian Gulf from IRAN. The Kuwaitis flat out told the US either you protect our ships or we've got a deal in hand with the Soviet Union and they're a lot less picky about human rights, safety, yadda yadda.

Iraq and Saddam were still dear friends of the US while this was going on. One of Saddam's pilots bombed the USS Stark around this time, killed 37 Americans, and we pretty much did jack shit about it because there's only ever one great evil at any given time and that was Iran. Asked for less than $1M for each dead man. We blamed Iran for causing it because they had "started" the Iran-Iraq war (which wasn't true). Saddam gloated to his aides about how lightly Iraq had gotten off.

Comment

• That's good. Great spin.

If I ever run for office I want you and Jon to write my speeches for me. You will be the official spin doctor. Jon will be my press spokesman.

Comment

• fuckin' Haliburton
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

That's good. Great spin.

If I ever run for office I want you and Jon to write my speeches for me. You will be the official spin doctor. Jon will be my press spokesman.
                                Tell me what and where the spin is. US generals and national security people from the Reagan admin are on the record about how Kuwait pressured the US to protect their ships and get us more involved in being policeman of the Persian Gulf.

Comment

Working...
                                X