No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I certainly think the filibuster saved us from absolute fucking disaster the past 2 years.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

Kidneys not bouncing back like the docs hoped. Probably looking at dialysis.
      Oh shit, man. That sucks. Sorry to hear it

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Right, so that still doesn’t mean you can’t call out bad behavior or asshattery. The Ds are guilty of loads of bad behavior on election integrity.

I’m going to vote for Vance. I think he’s an asshat. But Ryan will absolutely vote to eliminate the filibuster and absolutely vote with Schumer all the time. And that, IMO, is way more dangerous than electing an asshat.

In state elections I’ll vote for Ds for General Assembly because I’d prefer the Rs not have such a death grip on government and because of the nonsense heartbeat bill.
        Single issue voting on abortion (i.e. consequence-free orgasms) is something that never ceases to baffle me. Most Democrats at a state level are ideologically consistent with Democrats on the national level. You are getting the same thing in your state as if you had voted for them nationally.

if you want your state to become California then, by all means, keep consequence-free orgasms as your only non-negotiable.
        Last edited by Hannibal; October 6, 2022, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Wait so Sasse is quitting to go be President of UFla? How random

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Oh shit, man. That sucks. Sorry to hear it
            Thanks DSL
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Wait so Sasse is quitting to go be President of UFla? How random
              Good riddance to him. Mitt Romney/Liz Cheney Loving RINO.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Any Republican who is not bat-shit crazy= RINO!
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It's about fucking time...

Biden to pardon thousands convicted of marijuana possession

​​​​​​WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden on Thursday announced he will take executive action to pardon thousands of people convicted of marijuana possession under federal law.

Biden said he would also encourage governors to take similar action with state offenses and would ask the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Justice to review how marijuana is scheduled under federal law.

The president’s action marks a significant shift in the federal government’s approach to marijuana policy and takes a step towards making good on his campaign commitment to decriminalize marijuana.

"Sending people to prison for possessing marijuana has upended too many lives and incarcerated people for conduct that many states no longer prohibit," Biden said in a statement. "Criminal records for marijuana possession have also imposed needless barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities. And while white and Black and brown people use marijuana at similar rates, Black and brown people have been arrested, prosecuted, and convicted at disproportionate rates."

A senior administration official said that over 6,500 U.S. citizens from 1992 — 2021 were convicted of simple possession of marijuana under federal law, and thousands more were convicted under a Washington, D.C. code. There are currently no individuals in federal prison solely for simple possession of marijuana and most marijuana possession convictions occur at the state level, the official said.

Federal law currently classifies marijuana as a schedule 1 drug, the same classification as heroin and LSD.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    Any Republican who is not bat-shit crazy= RINO!
                    If you aren't 100 percent with Trump you are a RINO.

Comment

• The Economist (paywalled) posted an excellent review this evening of where Putin is right now wrt achieving his objectives in Ukraine. It doesn't predict outcomes but it suggests Putin is in trouble at home and within the Ukrainian battle space. It mitigates this observation with what I've described as Putin waging a war of both military and political/economic attrition. It suggests, and at the same time questions any positive military outcomes, that Putin's mobilization of some 300K recruits (between within Russia and Ukraine both at gunpoint) will achieve. Having written that, it then offers that these 300K addition of soldiers are likely to be ill trained and ill equipped to be much more than bumps in the road to a smaller Ukrainian force that is better led and better armed and equipped than their Russian counterparts.

To me, the current commentary on Putin's war reflects a reality that while Ukraine is dictating events in the battle space today, that may not last. There are a lot of unknowns that will contribute to a final outcome. A western biased view holds that surprisingly a more technological advanced hihgly flexible but smaller military force will defeat a larger, soviet style, industrial modeled force fielding rusted equipment that is crap. It sounds good but I'm not convinced. Warfare is ugly with unexpected outcomes the norm.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

It's about fucking time...

​​​​​​WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden on Thursday announced he will take executive action to pardon thousands of people convicted of marijuana possession under federal law.

Biden said he would also encourage governors to take similar action with state offenses and would ask the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Justice to review how marijuana is scheduled under federal law.

The president’s action marks a significant shift in the federal government’s approach to marijuana policy and takes a step towards making good on his campaign commitment to decriminalize marijuana.

"Sending people to prison for possessing marijuana has upended too many lives and incarcerated people for conduct that many states no longer prohibit," Biden said in a statement. "Criminal records for marijuana possession have also imposed needless barriers to employment, housing, and educational opportunities. And while white and Black and brown people use marijuana at similar rates, Black and brown people have been arrested, prosecuted, and convicted at disproportionate rates."

A senior administration official said that over 6,500 U.S. citizens from 1992 — 2021 were convicted of simple possession of marijuana under federal law, and thousands more were convicted under a Washington, D.C. code. There are currently no individuals in federal prison solely for simple possession of marijuana and most marijuana possession convictions occur at the state level, the official said.

Federal law currently classifies marijuana as a schedule 1 drug, the same classification as heroin and LSD.
                        More vote buying...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

It's about fucking time...

Long, long overdue.

Comment

One of the best Twitter feeds going today

Comment

Wait so Sasse is quitting to go be President of UFla? How random
                                Good.

Fucking.

Riddance.

Comment

Working...
                                X