Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    You know, back in 2018 we almost had a border compromise that would've given Trump a ton of money for security and his stupid Wall and would've given a path to citizenship to the Dreamers. But when it started to look like it might actually pass, the rightwing mediaverse went to work howling with rage that Trump was betraying the base. No amnesty for illegals! NONE! Trump pissed himself, got cold feet, and declared that he wouldn't need to compromise after the "red wave" midterms
    Trump isn't all that good at work stuff.

Also, in the months leading up to and immediately after Biden's inauguration the border encounters went from:

Oct 2020 - 71K
    Nov 2020 - 72K
    Dec 2020 - 78K

Jan 2021 - 102K

Feb 2021 - 173K and has been getting worse ever since. I wish we could somehow connect the dots as to what caused this sudden and very large increase in illegal border crossings. I guess we'll never know.

Comment

• I would classify DSL as a "barely functional moron"...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Mike- The only way this gets resolved is if the R base is willing to give up on something, which probably means either a general amnesty for the DACA folks or an increase in the LEGAL immigration quotas. We're in the middle of a labor shortage and the worst inflation since the early 80's. We could USE more able bodies to help with both.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          I would classify DSL as a "barely functional moron"...
          I would classify you as a mold or fungus

Comment

• ...well that's a step up from the microorganism you used to call me...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• GWB's 2007 bill would have granted amnesty to 12 million illegals. It didn't have a snowball's chance in hell then and it's even less so now. The massively bungling Trump was somehow able to have it down to manageable levels, tho. Maybe we should just go back to what he was doing.

Comment

• Saw a poll from a Republican firm here in Columbus, conducted second week of Sept.

DeWine 49
                Whaley 37

Ryan 46
                Vance 43

Still sticking with Vance in the end but starting to think Ryan has an outside shot...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Mike- The only way this gets resolved is if the R base is willing to give up on something, which probably means either a general amnesty for the DACA folks or an increase in the LEGAL immigration quotas. We're in the middle of a labor shortage and the worst inflation since the early 80's. We could USE more able bodies to help with both.
                  I don't disagree with this but now is not the time to increase the labor force. That sounds counterintuitive but wage growth is at it's highest in decades. Some economists beleive that in order to lower inflation, besides the Fed hiking interests rates, unemployment needs to increase to around 4-5%. Flooding the labor market with immigrants will lower wages while keeping employment levels high because it is employees at the lower end of the wage scale, most immigrants, that will swell the ranks of the employed. Most of the time, this would be a good idea. Not now and not until inflation is brought under control.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    ...well that's a step up from the microorganism you used to call me...
                    Gonorrhea?

Comment

• Never been there...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Progs at CNN now comparing DeSantis sending migrants to Martha's Vineyard...to the holocaust...

So now Jan 6 >>>>>> 9/11....and this is like the Hitler Death Trains...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• At least there are now people on Martha's Vineyard who will speak to Alan Dershowitz (until they get to know him)

Comment

• Thanks, assclowns! Latest from 538.

Screenshot 2022-09-15 132552.png

Comment

• Interesting, the Senate won't vote to codify same-sex marriage until the lame-duck period after the election. That suggests there are enough Republican votes to pass it but some are scared it would hurt their reelection bids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Thanks, assclowns! Latest from 538.

Screenshot 2022-09-15 132552.png
                                Per Decision Desk the recent polls have moved in Kelly's direction enough to move Arizona to "Likely D"

Very little change in Pennsylvania or Georgia. Fetterman still favored and Georgia is a virtual tie.

Dems losing ground in the longshot races in Florida and Wisconsin

Overall they're a little less favorable to the Dems...say a 64% chance at winning Senate. Republicans are 80% to take the House

Comment

Working...
                                X