No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A guy went on a shooting spree in Memphis yesterday, killing 4 and wounding 3.

In February of 2020, the suspect, then 17, was charged as an adult with attempted first-degree murder, aggravated assault, using a firearm to commit a dangerous felony and reckless endangerment with a deadly weapon, court records showed. Circumstances of the case weren't immediately known.

Records show he pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and was sentenced in April 2021 to three years. The suspect was released from prison in March, 11 months after he was sentenced, Memphis Mayor Jim Strickland said.

Comment

• Well, I mean the NRA is obviously to blame.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And a lack of social safety net programs. The system failed that guy.

Comment

• And since this isn't a national story, I'll go ahead and assume the suspect isn't white or a MAGA republican. So, white supremacy has also surely contributed.

Comment

• I think it's a national story, it's been at the top of my news feeds. But the NYT seemingly couldn't find the booking photo that most other sites have been using.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              And since this isn't a national story, I'll go ahead and assume the suspect isn't white or a MAGA republican. So, white supremacy has also surely contributed.
              Coulter’s Law is undefeated.

BTW you can find videos that he live streamed while he went on the shooting spree. Not on the ADL’a website though.

Comment

• Here's the thing, Hannibal -- and you really need to learn this -- if you show minorities of any kind doing bad things then people will conclude all minorities do bad things. And that's very dangerous. We, as Americans, are unable to distinguish, at all, between individual actions and group behavior. At some point your stubborn ass needs to learn that.

Now, I will say that the exception is, of course, when The Chairman says "MAGA Republicans" are an existential threat to democracy but doesn't actually mean "all" Republicans. That, of couse, is something that is easily parsed.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Here's the thing, Hannibal -- and you really need to learn this -- if you show minorities of any kind doing bad things then people will conclude all minorities do bad things. And that's very dangerous. We, as Americans, are unable to distinguish, at all, between individual actions and group behavior. At some point your stubborn ass needs to learn that.
                  That lesson won't be taught until the progs recognize (too late) that they've lost the support of the Hispanic block- you know, the ones that segment came here legally, obey the law, work hard, pay their bills, don't think of themselves as victims, and vote. That's a distinct possibility and the Rs should be all over it. But, well,, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Comment

• File under "Prog policies that are a model for the country":

Violent, homeless, drug addicts are more important than our disabled citizens.... who go to WORK.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...-the-homeless/

image_6487327-5-copy.jpg

A 66-year-old woman who had a bottle thrown as she maneuvered around a Portland, Ore. homeless camp in her electric wheelchair.

A 62-year-old longtime Portland resident who relies on a wheelchair and a service dog, and who was assaulted, spat on, and sprayed with mace by homeless people in her neighborhood.

A 47-year-old man with a visual disability who walks in the busy street to get around the tents and garbage that clog the sidewalks in his Portland neighborhood.

These are among the ten plaintiffs in a class-action lawsuit filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court that accuses the City of Portland of violating the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. According to the lawsuit, the city is failing to keep its sidewalks clear of debris and tent encampments, and failing to ensure the sidewalks are accessible to people with disabilities and visual impairments.

Instead, DiLorenzo said much of the city’s homeless problem is driven by the deinstitutionalization of the severely mentally ill, and by drug abuse, a problem he believes was made worse by a 2020 ballot measure that decriminalized small amounts of hard drugs.

“Most of the people who are homeless can’t pay any rent,” DiLorenzo said. “They can’t because they are hopelessly addicted to methamphetamine, fentanyl, and all the drugs that Oregon has recently decriminalized.”

Another plaintiff, Keith Martin, 71, who founded the state’s first professional ballet company and once volunteered as a homeless advocate, was partially paralyzed after a stroke three years ago, the lawsuit says. During Wednesday’s press conference, he said, “I have never in all my time here been as afraid as I am right now to go outside day or night. I worry about my son walking three blocks to Lincoln High School. He sees needles on the ground every single day.”

Last edited by Mike; September 8, 2022, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• Aren't the west coast elite communities supposed to be the example for the rest of us?
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Sadly, they are.

Comment

• Progs using those gas powered generators as automobile range extenders reminds me of the Prog crowd that touts the Impossible Meat products as a healthier option.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...or eating bugs to save the climate...

Progs...doing stupid shit to claim virtue and moral superiority for generations...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Acp_tzero_DSC00467.jpg

Another thought on this: Isn't this like having a horse pull a Ferrari?
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'm thinking.... so it's a hybrid then? Don't we already have those and all the gear fits inside the vehicle?

Comment

Working...
                                X