No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Silver has Trump Derangement Syndrome. Whatever system he uses for grading pollsters makes no sense to me.

Fox's polls have been trash, for the most part. That includes Arizona, where they had Biden winning by 9 points and Michigan, where they had Biden by a ridiculous +12.. They had Biden +1 in Texas, +11 in Nevada and they were about 4 points or more off in literally every other race where I can find a poll from them.
    Last edited by Hannibal; August 24, 2022, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• For just $100k you can enjoy overcooked steak and pasta in the warm glow of an 80’s hotel ballroom, listening to the profundities of one Donald J. Trump. There MAY even be opportunities for photographs.

(Inquire privately about how much a golf outing will cost)

Comment

• sigh

He's definitely running again. And Desantis is running too for sure. He's got a shitload of money and the full support of the mainstream party apparatus. He's running his reelection ads all over the country.

Desantis will still lose probably though. Hopefully, he won't go scorched Earth.

DSL are you seeing as many Desantis ads in your part of Ohio as I am?
        Last edited by Hannibal; August 24, 2022, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• I haven't seen any in Columbus.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• When Newt Gingrich predicted Republicans may flip 70 seats, that was obviously delusional. A 35-40 seat pickup is closer to the actual ceiling but that is starting to look like a longshot, "best case" scenario now.
            The correct way to talk about November, IMO, is the number of seats the Rs end up with. This isn't a situation where they'yre starting from away behind. It's a razor thin majority as is. Anything at 240 is a ginormous win for Rs. I think 250 would be historically unprecedented. It's more likely to be in the 230s, which is only a 15-20 seat pickup, but still represents a sizeable advantage.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              I haven't seen any in Columbus.
              I wasn't talking to you, turdface.

Comment

• I've caught a few, heh. I was at a bar for dinner & drinks last night. Some guy few seats down from me muttered "fucking political ads" loud enough to hear and I looked up and it was DeSantis.

The real consequence of Vance being a weak candidate is not so much that he's in real danger of losing and more that tens of millions are being spent to keep him afloat in Ohio instead of going to Nevada, Georgia, Arizona, etc.

Comment

• Police car in Miami.

09123e8f06c33291.jpg

Comment

• Imagine rolling up to a hostage situation in that thing. The bad guys say, "uh... really?"
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• What is disturbing about the Whitmer case convictions is, now she has all the ammo she needs to put EVERYONE who opposes her in the same category as those knuckleheads. And let me be clear: If those guys really had a plan to kidnap and harm her, then they got what they deserved. Buh-bye, and say hello to "Bubba the Boy Master" in prison.

Whitmer has ran the state like its her own little playground. Play by her rules, or get run over by the State Police, State Health Department, the Attorney General, or anyone else that identifies as her pals. Now she has a majority on the MSC, which gives her more permission to do whatever she wants. This is what people are re-electing in November, and its what makes so many Michigan voters so STOOPID. They'll continue to give people like her, Stupidnow, Nessel and Peters a good-paying government job, in spite of the idiocy in the way they represent the people.

And we look around, and wonder why roads don't get fixed, and bridges get repaired. Whitmer opposed Michigan funding the Gordie Howe Bridge as well. Thank goodness the Canadians breathed some maturity and good reasoning into the project and decided to pay for it themselves. In spite of Trudeau, they have more common sense than Whitmer.

Elections have consequences. And when these idiots are re-elected in November, Michigan will get more of the same. And, because of stupid voters, we'll deserve it.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Right now they are fixing a lot of roads where I live, thank you Gretchen! Hopefully they can get southbound Merriman between 8 mile and 6 mile fixed soon.

Maybe you fellas just need to put up a few more deragotory signs about her looks and mental capacity, it's a sure fire way to win over the persuables.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          Right now they are fixing a lot of roads where I live, thank you Gretchen! Hopefully they can get southbound Merriman between 8 mile and 6 mile fixed soon.

Maybe you fellas just need to put up a few more deragotory signs about her looks and mental capacity, it's a sure fire way to win over the persuables.
                          Yes, nothing is too good for the ghetto-dwellers.

Comment

• Ya bigot, Livonia is the ghetto. Get a grip.

Comment

• She had 3 and a half years to "fix the damn roads" and she didn't do squat. Now she springs out the construction crews EVRYWHERE in the months leading up to the election. It's a mess going just about anywhere in SE Michigan this summer. But Whitmer doesn't care because she thinks that we're too stupid to know otherwise.

But Mike is correct that if the R's nominated anyone who wasn't so far out in the right field bleachers, we would be done with her and would start being treated like responsible adults again.

Comment

• You do what you are told...are lest ye be labeled a terrorist...and be visited by her goons...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X