Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    Monkey Pox has been declared a global emergency and Joe Biden has appointed Special Monkeypox Team.

Monkey Pox is a disease that afflicts gay men and is spread mostly by anal sex.

At least two cases have been confirmed in children, and Rachelle Walensky has admitted that they got the disease from gay men.

It's a total mystery how a buttsex-spread disease spread from gay men to children. No clues at all.

(PS -- don't you dare call them "groomers".)
    I guess they are trying to rename monkeypox since monkeypox is racist and homophobic. Best suggestion so far: "Schlong Covid".

Comment

• Ok, that made me laugh.

Comment

• At center stage, as I understand this, is Moore v. Harper. The SC could rule that state legislatures — and only state legislatures — have a say over how federal elections are run.
        So, first -- the Supreme Court has expressly held that entities other than the state legislature can deal with redistricting. The Court held that citizen initiatives that expressly deal with the election laws (redistricting) were permissible under the Article I elections clause. The issue is whether the language "the Legislature thereof" is specifically limiting to the legislative body of the state or refers more generally to the lawmaking authority of the State. The Court held that latter was the most reasonable understanding.

Now, that was a 5-4 decision w/ Roberts,Thomas and Alito dissenting (and Scalia).

Second, the North Carolina case -- Moore v Harper -- is being framed as "when can state courts take it upon themselves to set election laws." The dispute in the NC case hinges on whether NC law expressly authorizes courts to set election laws or whether the courts are relying on some vague grant of power to usurp the legislature. In the Arizona case, the grant of authority to the people was express. Zero doubt. Here is how the issue is framed for purposes of Certiorari:

Issue: Whether a state’s judicial branch may nullify the regulations governing the “Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives ... prescribed ... by the Legislature thereof,” and replace them with regulations of the state courts’ own devising, based on vague state constitutional provisions purportedly vesting the state judiciary with power to prescribe whatever rules it deems appropriate to ensure a “fair” or “free” election.
        So, it's a given that the Court will resolve whether the issue NC law is express in its grant of authority to the Courts and how express does the law need to be. That's a given. It's a POSSIBLE that a majority may opt to revisit the independent state legislature doctrine. Roberts, Thomas and Alito would likely vote to reverse that. HOWEVER, it's not necessary to the disposition of the case. IF the Court finds that the grant of authority is too vague and concludes that the Courts, ergo, have usurped the power of the State legislature then they never reach the independent legislature question. IF they find that the law is sufficient in its grant of authority then they could reach the question.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• So — we’re in a recession. Unemployment has yet to catch up bit it will.

Anywho — time to give more money to the Ukraine.
          Last edited by Hannibal; July 28, 2022, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Well, we're only "technically" in a recession, but the economy is good. And, of course, it's only going to get better with the Inflation Reduction Act.

We're in very good hands. Top people are on it. TOP. PEOPLE.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Canada is fighting the “climate crisis” by drastically reducing the amount of fertilizer that farmers are allowed to use. With the economy shrinking, massive amounts of vegetable oils animal fats being used as fuel, and inflation approaching double digits, Canada’s food supply is getting shrunk further.

Our society is run by really really stupid people. Absolute shit for brains people. Terrible leaders have come and gone throughout history but it’s hard to identify an era where leaders have been so hellbent on destroying their own countries.

The only thing separating us from a late 1990s economy is extreme stupidity and psychopathic oligarchs. None of this economic pain is necessary.
              Last edited by Hannibal; July 28, 2022, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Sri Lanka went full-on green for fertilizer and watched massive rice crop yields significantly shrink and, well, you know, cause massive civil unrest.

Top people. TOP. PEOPLE.

Comment

• I fully understand that the Progs want to eliminate Cheap Energy and replace with expensive, unreliable energy. That, I get. It's now a core principle for people like Strangelove and the other Progs posting here.

What honestly shocks me a little is the Prog willingness to reduce food supply. I mean, I know they're insane when it comes to green shit, but I didn't fully appreciate how fucking insane they are.

I shouldn't ever underestimate those people. Ever.

Comment

• Finally, from about 10 years ago, the New Yorker -- the NEW YORKER -- on Viktor Bout -- the world's most notorious arms dealer that was being offered up by The Chairman. https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ng-viktor-bout

Now, that article was back when Obama put him in jail. Now that The Chairman wants to get him out, I'm sure the New Yorker will change its tune.

Anywho, at this point I'd probably just release any Russian in jail that is Putin wants out. If Putin knows he can get his people back with trumped up charges against Americans well, you know, get ready for a lot of trumped up charges against Americans.

The Chairman has fully taken over the roll of Putin's Cockholster. I mean, lol.
                    Last edited by iam416; July 28, 2022, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Role, not "roll", you outrageously smarmy ass. Ask the paralegal to proofread your masterworks next time. Or simply find the nearest adult.

Comment

• I'm too focused on the D platform of more expensive energy, more expensive food and more arms dealers on the street. Really trying to wrap my mind around a party that is pushing that.

Comment

• The New Prog Definitions:

Peaceful Protest = Rioting, looting and killing.

Laptop with incriminating evidence to Dems = Russian Disinformation.

Russian Hoax on Trump = Real

Leaky Borders = Good Thing

Two Quarters Negative Growth = Not Recession.

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's simple Talent...Progs hate America.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ironically, Progs not only hate America, they hate progress.

Comment

• Well they hate what you and I and most rational Americans would call progress...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X