Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    It would seem Jeff, an aged yachting dilettante, whose legal knowledge consists mainly of Season 3 of Matlock plus an unopened HD-DVD version of The Pelican Brief, has schooled our resident "legal expert".
    Rephrase that...I don't speak Commie...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fire is going outside. A couple friends over. One a blue collar construction guy who works for himself. Thinks Trump is the only chance we have. The other a union GM pipe fitter that has voted democrat his whole life. Both want to kill somebody. Heard talk about even the Walmart greeter being fair game.... Believe it or not I'm the voice of reason. I keep telling them that in a couple weeks we will look back and say these were the good old days.

CGVT would say I need better friends. He would make fun of me wanting my freedumb. But there is a fire burning with regular folks in this country and I'm not sure most of you guys are ground level enough to see.

I'm not a prayer guy but maybe I should be. Happy Independence day!

Comment

• "Regular" folks on the other side are pissed off too.
        Last edited by CGVT; July 3, 2022, 09:27 PM.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Having lots of white people is a "negative"

7cadac79b2518156.jpg

Comment

• This just defies description...

Comment

• Fun constitutional facts on Independence Day

The original proposed Bill of Rights sent to the states by Congress included 12 Amendments, not 10. The first two in the original draft couldn't get 3/4 of the states to ratify.

What'd they say? Well one eventually did become the 27th Amendment two centuries later. That prevents congressional pay raises from taking effect until the next Congress is seated. The other, the original "First Amendment", would've required the size of the House of Representatives to continually grow with the population. In practice we did this anyways until 1910 when the House was frozen at 435.

Comment

• Congress officially declared its independence from Britain on July 2nd, 1776 with the vote on Richard Henry Lee’s resolution for independence being nearly unanimous. John Adams assisted in the draft of the Declaration of Independence and felt that Independence Day should be celebrated on July 2nd. Only John Hancock and Charles Thompson signed it on July 4.The rest of the 56 delegates from 13 colonies actually signed the Declaration of Independence on August 2, 1776, to make it official.
                I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• This is why I stay drunk the whole weekend. To cover all my bases.

Comment

• Back-to-back World War Champs, Motherfuckerz!!!!
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      This is why I stay drunk the whole weekend. To cover all my bases.
                      To be safe, we need to stay drunk until August 2nd.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Birmingham Stallions won the USFL “Super” Bowl in Canton, Ohio last night.

A nation turns its lonely eyes to you Cliff Stoudt.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Cliff Stoudt is 2nd greatest QB to ever don the hallowed Red and Black of the Youngstown State Penguins.

Comment

• Cliff was a solid journeyman back-up in the NFL as well as a “star” in the old USFL. It seemed like he was always a step behind really making it in the NFL, though.

Comment

• Well, unfortunately, he did start for the Stillers in 1983. JFC.

Comment

• Yeah, that was a bit of a perfect storm thing for him. It did not work out well.

Comment

Working...
                                X