Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Anyone. ANYONE else that doesn't bring the a 747's worth of god-awful personal cargo will have a good chance of winning in 2024.
    I keep tabs on some right wing commentary as it relates to the 2024 GOP nomination and a very unscientific reading of the tea leaves suggests there is some movement away from Trump and toward DeSantis. Actual hardcore conservatives recognize Trump really isn't one of them. They had a marriage of convenience to slay the dragon in 2016 but I get the feeling enough people on the right are willing to move on as long as there is a viable alternative in the wings. The key to knocking Trump out in the primary will be making it a two man race between him and DeSantis. If they do the clown car bullshit they did in 2016, Trump will win a plurality but if it's a two-man show, I think DeSantis takes him out.

Comment

• I mean, the Washington Examiner isn’t one of his bigger supporters but they published an editorial last night just obliterating Trump

Former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson’s Tuesday testimony ought to ring the death knell for former President Donald Trump’s political career. Trump is unfit to be anywhere near power ever again. Hutchinson’s resume alone should establish her credibility. The 25-year-old had already worked at the highest levels of conservative Republican politics, including in the offices

Comment

• And here’s what Erdogan extorted from us in exchange for standing aside on Sweden/Finland. (He extorted concessions from them too)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          I mean, the Washington Examiner isn’t one of his bigger supporters but they published an editorial last night just obliterating Trump

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...gain?_amp=true
          The author of that piece is in the same place those never Trumpers were in 2016. He/she is unaware that they are in the vast minority. The violence is the attraction for the base.

Comment

• Woody Williams, the last Medal of Honor winner from WWII has passed away.

I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Antiabortion lawmakers are working on model legislation that could be enacted in numerous anti-abortion states that would punish and prevent people from leaving their states for abortion.

The National Association of Christian Lawmakers, an antiabortion organization led by Republican state legislators, has begun working with the authors of the Texas abortion ban to explore model legislation that would restrict people from crossing state lines for abortions, said Texas state representative Tom Oliverson (R), the charter chair of the group’s national legislative council.

“Just because you jump across a state line doesn’t mean your home state doesn’t have jurisdiction,” said Peter Breen, vice president and senior counsel for the Thomas More Society. “It’s not a free abortion card when you drive across the state line.”

Comment

• Just horrible.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• “Just because you jump across a state line doesn’t mean your home state doesn’t have jurisdiction,”

Isn't that exactly what it means??

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

The author of that piece is in the same place those never Trumpers were in 2016. He/she is unaware that they are in the vast minority. The violence is the attraction for the base.
                    Just like the radical Marxists that have taken over the Democratic party. The violence isn't a bug, it's a feature.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      And here’s what Erdogan extorted from us in exchange for standing aside on Sweden/Finland. (He extorted concessions from them too)

https://www.reuters.com/world/biden-...ey-2022-06-29/
                      It's important to read the entire article. WRT to F-16 purchases, first, that airframe is 20+ years old. Second the buy has been on the books since October, 2021, That's not to say it is still not a decent air-superiority fighter but it is technologically light years behind the F35s and Turkey ain't getting those primarily because they bought updated, Russian S300 antiaircraft missile systems. The problem with that is integrating them into NATO's primarily Patriot based air defense systems. This presents all kinds of exploitation avenues for Russia. The F16 buy presents no such problems. It's incorrect to characterize Erdogan as having "extorted" F16s from the US. What he got was a promise from Biden that he'd support the F16 buy which Congress has been holding up. Congress can still say, Nope and apparently Biden administration officials told their Turkish counterparts that.

The deal with Sweden wrt to PKK members that fled to Sweden because they could get refuge there from Turkish attempts to arrest them on terrorism charges is that Sweden's courts would accept extradition requests from Turkey. There were no extradition agreements previously between Turkey and Sweden. That does not mean they will be accepted. Both sides arguments for and against extradition will be heard.

IMO, this is being made out as some kind of concession from the US, Sweden and Finlnd to get Erdogan to drop his opposition to NATO membership. Erdogan knows full well the political cost of continuing his opposition to NATO membership for Sweden and Finland. Getting those two countries to join NATO in the current circumstance with Putin is a huge, albeit symbolic, win for the west that Erdogan has to downplay for his own political sake. Erdogan has tried to straddle Russia and the west and remain an important part of NATO. He was under considerable pressure to drop his opposition. That It's being made out that he got benefits at the expense of the western alliance is completely false but nonetheless a narrative being spun by the Turkish press.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• FWIW. Might be worth nothing,. But Alex Jones (sigh) claims to have a source close to Roger Stone (in other words, Roger Stone) that Trump is going to announce he's running for reelection on July 4th. That's so stupid it just might be true.

Comment

• There’s been a rumor about that going around. Some think the timing is to get out in front of a possible indictment so he can then claim it’s politically based. But we all know he’s gonna run so I guess just get on with it.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Georgia may just elect Aunt Jemima as governor, and re-elect "reverend" Raphie Warnock as Senator.

I thought Georgia was smarter than that.

A new poll in Georgia indicates Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock leading GOP challenger Herschel Walker by 10 points, with GOP Gov. Brian Kemp and Democratic challenger Stacey Abrams tied
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Walker is a terrible candidate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Walker is a terrible candidate.
                                Agree. Its too bad to see R's provide a candidate that is terrible-er.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X