Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    I think the conservative justices are going to need to borrow Matthew McConaughey's guns...
    Hopefully, they're out of town on vacation for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Hopefully, they're out of town on vacation for a while.
      Heh, they aren't. There's still 7 or 8 decisions they need to release before summer break. Some people thought they would wait to release Dobbs the Friday before 4th of July weekend but I thought that was too cynical.

Comment

• I’m glad it’s finally released. Heat waves make for better rioting.

Comment

• So far:

Oklahoma
          Missouri
          Kentucky
          Louisiana
          South Dakota

All have announced abortion is now illegal in their states, with virtually no exceptions. I checked pretty fast but I do not believe any of these five have exceptions for rape or incest.

Comment

• The world would be a better place had your Mother aborted you.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
              The world would be a better place had your Mother aborted you.
              Your mother DID abort you but it didn't take

Comment

• Garland says states cannot ban drugs approved for use by the FDA (specifically an "abortion pill"). But that will almost certainly be challenged in courts

AG Merrick Garland says states can't ban FDA-approved abortion pills (axios.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Talking about just the political angle: probably a gift for Democrats? but I'm not 100% confident about that.

Pelosi is already on tv saying that Republicans will now try to pass a nationwide abortion ban if they take Congress. I'm sure there are some Republicans in swing districts that are like ABSOLUTELY NOT but it's not a total lie. There was reporting months ago that some very conservative R's were starting to draft such legislation anticipating this day.

I don't think it'd pass a Republican Congress let alone by enough votes to override a veto but hey, it's something to campaign on. Better than talking about inflation.
                  It's a gift for Donald Trump more than anything. When he runs (I'm not even saying "if" anymore) he can now claim that he's the President that got Roe v Wade overturned. Any close calls in the primaries and he wins.

Comment

• Speaking of electoral gifts -- or electoral stuff in general -- JoeBi's approval average on RCP this morning is -16.5 -- more than a point worse than the Donald when he left office. That's quite an impressive feat when you think about it.

Comment

• Oh and the Gun Bill passes the House. 14 Republicans voted for it even though leadership was whipping against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        Speaking of electoral gifts -- or electoral stuff in general -- JoeBi's approval average on RCP this morning is -16.5 -- more than a point worse than the Donald when he left office. That's quite an impressive feat when you think about it.
                        Trump could've woken up every day and taken a shit on the Oval Office floor and 35% of the country would say he's doing a fantastic job, keep up the good work. So long as he didn't enact any gun control, there's virtually nothing he could do that would alienate that hardcore base.

Biden doesn't HAVE a hardcore base. Never did. That's why his floor is lower. People wanted a boring caretaker that would quietly run a competent govt and largely stay out of the public's eye. They haven't gotten that.

Comment

• Almost nobody who voted for it is up for re-election.

this is what I’m talking about when I say that Democrats can’t relate to this level of betrayal. There is not a single red state in which red flag laws are a winning issue.

Comment

Almost nobody who voted for it is up for re-election.

this is what I’m talking about when I say that Democrats can’t relate to this level of betrayal. There is not a single red state in which red flag laws are a winning issue.
                            I'm not sure if Florida counts as a "red state" but DeSantis signed a red flag law just a few years ago. The only other red state I know that has one is Indiana

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              So far:

Oklahoma
                              Missouri
                              Kentucky
                              Louisiana
                              South Dakota

All have announced abortion is now illegal in their states, with virtually no exceptions. I checked pretty fast but I do not believe any of these five have exceptions for rape or incest.
                              It's all about "Choice" right? So, here's at least 5 places where legislatures and or voters directly can actually make one.. even though "mostly peaceful protests" are easier.
                              Last edited by Tom W; June 24, 2022, 01:07 PM.

Comment

It's a gift for Donald Trump more than anything. When he runs (I'm not even saying "if" anymore) he can now claim that he's the President that got Roe v Wade overturned. Any close calls in the primaries and he wins.
                                It’s quite a feather in his cap but do you think he’d gloat about it??

Comment

Working...
                                X