Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Another thing brought up today is that Trump's people apparently took very seriously one of the most deranged internet conspiracies of them all, even worse than the Hugo Chavez horseshit

Some people believed that the Italian government (working alongside MI6, the CIA, and probably Soros, the Bilderberg Group, the Vatican, the Masons, the Rothschilds, Bohemian Grove, and the Illuminati) had spy satellites hacking voting machines all over the country and flipping votes from Trump to Biden. In what had to be an extremely embarrassing moment for him, they even forced Sec of Defense Miller to call the Italian govt and ask about it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...an-satellites/
    Strange, you are the only person watching the J6 production. Certainly on this board, but maybe in the entire US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Strange, you are the only person watching the J6 production. Certainly on this board, but maybe in the entire US.
      The ratings would say otherwise. And even though conservatives like you dare not admit to any liberal like me that they care in the slightest, I think it's obvious that Trump's endless election buffoonery has been slowly eroding his support even among Republicans and is a good part of why DeSantis is now overtaking him in polls.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

. "The pebumbric right to privacy..."
        Almost as good as "the progressive supervised-democracy model"

Comment

• Abortion decision is out and Alito wrote it so I'm guessing Roe is almost completely overturned

Comment

• Let the peaceful protests begin...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• All the opinions and dissents are over 200 pages long so it's a long read. Thomas and Kavanaugh wrote their own opinions and I'm kind of curious about those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Abortion decision is out and Alito wrote it so I'm guessing Roe is almost completely overturned
                And now individual states can write and approve their own "Roe" abortion law.

If it was up to New York, babies could be aborted even after they exit the womb. That's their "choice".

If it was up to Oklahoma, abortionists could be jailed.

I think most states will try to find a middle ground, except for those that are perpetually ruled by the elite liberal establishment.

In Michigan, the Democrat governor with the assistance of Wayne County will keep abortions legal in at least the first trimester. Maybe even later.

Overall, I think the USSC did the right thing. But, I'd likely get my double wide burned down if I said that at the corner of Woodward and Gratiot.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Talking about just the political angle: probably a gift for Democrats? but I'm not 100% confident about that.

Pelosi is already on tv saying that Republicans will now try to pass a nationwide abortion ban if they take Congress. I'm sure there are some Republicans in swing districts that are like ABSOLUTELY NOT but it's not a total lie. There was reporting months ago that some very conservative R's were starting to draft such legislation anticipating this day.

I don't think it'd pass a Republican Congress let alone by enough votes to override a veto but hey, it's something to campaign on. Better than talking about inflation.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

And now individual states can write and approve their own "Roe" abortion law.

If it was up to New York, babies could be aborted even after they exit the womb. That's their "choice".

If it was up to Oklahoma, abortionists could be jailed.

I think most states will try to find a middle ground, except for those that are perpetually ruled by the elite liberal establishment.

In Michigan, the Democrat governor with the assistance of Wayne County will keep abortions legal in at least the first trimester. Maybe even later.

Overall, I think the USSC did the right thing. But, I'd likely get my double wide burned down if I said that at the corner of Woodward and Gratiot.
                    I've said before that there will be very few states that end up in a happy middle ground. They will polarize around the extremes. Oklahoma will not allow abortion in almost any circumstances and New York will allow them without hesitation into the 3rd trimester

The real fun will start when the conservative states attempt to enforce their laws on people who travel outside the state for abortions..

Comment

• I don't think people who travel outside their state for abortion are at any legal risk any more than someone from LA who buys a blunt in Denver.

Comment

• I don't think it'd pass a Republican Congress let alone by enough votes to override a veto but hey, it's something to campaign on. Better than talking about inflation.
                        A Republican led congress even with a sitting R president will not be able to pass a nation wide abortion ban. Proof is no further than the gun law just passed. There are, and will be enough RINOS around who don't want to cross their D/Prog friends, and will align with them to keep abortion "safe, legal and rare" as Bill Clinton advocated.

Of course, I'm hoping that the upcoming riots over this will not cost too many people their lives or their livelihoods.

Comment

• 289863996_5578572095499833_7539514541637141236_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=GZ2G-yk3BCUAX-0owVX&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=00_AT8fNG8jsDJTerRfbVZqF-9Mrkp7F7spSni-_1cVf5xnJw&oe=62B9DB53

Comment

• The riots are about to begin...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I think the conservative justices are going to need to borrow Matthew McConaughey's guns...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                              X