No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Supreme Court opinions today, the most significant being the Maine/religious school case. Predictable liberal/conservative split in which the Court found that if a state offers tuition assistance for private schools, it cannot exclude religious schools from the program under the "free exercise" clause.

That was one of the bigger cases still remaining. There's 13 cases left now with no opinion...more coming thursday.

Comment

• Sounds like a fair ruling.

If the state is going to offer tuition assistance to the transgender focused school, or the BLM focused school in town, then they have to do the same for the Christian or Catholic school.

Not sure why any state would offer tuition assistance when all the public schools gripe about lack of funding.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        Sounds like a fair ruling.

If the state is going to offer tuition assistance to the transgender focused school, or the BLM focused school in town, then they have to do the same for the Christian or Catholic school.

Not sure why any state would offer tuition assistance when all the public schools gripe about lack of funding.
        Some of this is a little particular to Maine because it's one of the most rural states in the country. Many of the school districts do not have a single public high school and so private schools (in some places) are the only option. In those circumstances it seems unfair to tell a parent, sorry, you can't use state assistance money for the Catholic school that's 5 miles away but you CAN use it at the secular private school that's another 20 miles farther.

Comment

• STFU
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If the local Uvalde cops were hoping the state would help them cover up their incompetence, oof...head of the Texas Dept of Safety says the commander on the scene could have stopped the shooter within 3 minutes of him entering the school but chose to prioritize cops staying safe over saving kids

Live updates: Uvalde school massacre investigation (cnn.com)

Comment

Attached Files
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There is a lot of understandable outrage over this, but if you have been paying attention to law enforcement for the past few years (or maybe longer) then you should know that the #1 priority for the police is to protect themselves.

When the shit hits the fan, you’re basically on your own. That’s why the right to practice self defense is such a fundamental human right. I can see room to argue on whether you should be allowed to own weapons that have military capability and would be used against the government, but there’s shouldn’t be any argument about your ability to use deadly force to defend yourself and/or your home. And I would add defending property in as well in the event that law enforcement decides to abdicate the responsibility, as they did so often in 2020.

Comment

• I can see by his latest meme that Wiz's train of thought has derailed and there were no survivors.
                  I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• You love me. You know you do.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I am at Twin Peaks with friends. The barmaids are wearing bikinis. Jesus. I am gonna be making the double-wide payments for one of these girls before the night is over I just know it.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Psssst....AA...they only hang around you cuz you remind them of their crazy great uncle Ruprecht...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Obi enjoyed the advice--i did go ahead and stick 50% into S&P 30 percent into mutuals and 20% bond--retirng in another 5 but not really planning on draing out of ira for 5 after that--so by then i think the s&p gets back to 4500 or more which friday was at 3650 good a time as any to get back in

far as those cops go protecting yourself is the #1 priority until your dealing with kids. but we dont know if those cops were hearing shots and screams at that point--i thought prettymuch shooting was done after first 10 minutes

Comment

• hit a twin peaks in phoenix not to long ago. lot of them have the vocabulary to fit those outfits. high tight blue jean shorts with tied shirts only 1 button at bottom tied and talk the talk

and actually the food wasnt bad

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                              Psssst....AA...they only hang around you cuz you remind them of their crazy great uncle Ruprecht...
                              They hang around me because I have lotsa cash. Nothing more.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                                hit a twin peaks in phoenix not to long ago. lot of them have the vocabulary to fit those outfits. high tight blue jean shorts with tied shirts only 1 button at bottom tied and talk the talk

and actually the food wasnt bad
                                The food is good. The billionaire bacon is freaking awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X