Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Btw crash, your numbers are wrong. Almost 20M watched the hearing. ABC and MSNBC both outdrew Fox News. I’ve read more people watched it than any single game of the NBA Finals or the Oscars. I’ll note that Fox so desired that no one switch over during the commercials that Tucker ran uninterrupted for the entire hour.

each network got 2-4 million was my point--
      as opposed to one network televising one NBA game and getting 11 millions viewer

wizard could ride a tractor on ABC and your guarenteed 2 million viewerspretty much last place among the big 3 networks

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

You say this like you believe not a single BLM rioter ever got arrested. How many fucking times do I need to post that article about how 10,000 people got arrested in the first two weeks alone of the George Floyd riots?
        Anyone arrested preemptively and charged with "conspiracy to riot?"

No?

Didn't think so.

Comment

• still no word on those IEDs amazing those IEDs could be scrutinized part for part by the FBI and every detail traced back to somebody somehere leaving behind a clue of where when and who made it. Every explosive device can be traced by the fbi gurus and arrests mad--except for some reason this one. another high profile washington DC crime mysteriosly unsolved and seemingly nobodys interested 18 months after

Comment

• I paid $5 per gallon today. And the markets tumbled a bit today. I don’t think we’re anywhere near being past the worst of it. But, you know, nothing some helicopter money can’t fix.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well, if CNN is reporting a government forecast, "soon" will be the weekend before the midterms.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                I paid $5 per gallon today. And the markets tumbled a bit today. I don’t think we’re anywhere near being past the worst of it. But, you know, nothing some helicopter money can’t fix.
                You coulda' had mean tweets.

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                  ...still no word on those IEDs...

Crash, that's an urban legend that the FBI can trace all explosives. They can trace commercial grade, not consumer grade. Most bomb loonies buy a cannister of reloading powder or break open boxes of shotgun shells. Anyone with internet access can find some pretty impressive explosives recipes on the net that, with a little caution, can be made from household products. Unless you're leaving DNA, fingerprints, or using very unique components, low end IEDs are near impossible to trace.
                  I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Trump campaign raised approx $250 mil off election lies, committee says
                    Is that all? What a slacker.

Anyone ask how much Hillary has made off 'election lies'? How about AlGore circa 2000?

Shoot, even Al Sharpton makes more than that with all his lies.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Peter Navarro is exactly the unjustifiably arrogant prick I always expected him to be. Self-representation continuing to go great.

He's trying to have it both ways. He said he doesn't want to pay for a lawyer, won't accept a public defender either, then whines that the court is not allowing him to take significantly more time than any other defendant. His arraignment is Friday. He requested the judge give him an extra 45 days to prepare for his arraignment! Judge said, uh, no, it's Friday. He also demanded that the Prosecution not be allowed to file motions since he's at a disadvantage in not being lawyer. Judge also said no, buddy, that's not how this works. Either hire a lawyer, allow me to appoint a public defender, or stop whining that you're being "disadvantaged".

Comment

• Primaries of interest today: South Carolina Republicans, possibly Nevada.

Mainly watching to see if Magaworld takes out Tom Rice and Nancy Mace in South Carolina races.

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Attached Files
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I know shitting on Joe Biden resonates in here with everyone except, well NOT, Wiz or talent. The line has been that he's responsible for $6 gas, destruction of everyone's 401Ks and runaway inflation exceeding 8% - the largest annual increase in 4 decades. Fine. He is not the greatest president for a lot of reasons that get talked about here.

The panoply of shit going down right now has multiple causes, mostly unrecognized by the general public, not, all of them within the president's control. Yes, his policies are inflationary (e.g., BBB) and despite the Fed being cast as independent, it actually is not. History tells the story of US presidents getting the Fed to go along with a monetary policy that suits particular political objectives. That's the case here so, yes, I have no illusions that somehow, Joe Biden should be completely exculpated for being responsible for the shit show we're experiencing that is directly affecting our lives.

But, the Fed has no obligations to do the president's bidding (see Paul Volker) and Powell's "easy money" approach (interest rates at zero for a good portion of the period leading up to the current rate increases), should be recognized as having a major impact on today's inflation. That policy pushed investors into taking greater risks while pushing cash - billions if not trillions of dollars - into markets and for the last three years until the reckoning, the S&P 500, along with the DJIA soared because of it.

If there is "greedflation" - currently a popular explanation for inflation advanced by progressive Ds, it's not a major cause of it and it if there is any at all, it is sector dependent and occurs in some sectors of the economy, not all, where there is high concentration of production. An example of that is hospitals. Highly concentrated but prices have remained stable during this recent period growing at a significantly lower rate than 8%. I don't think anyone here would advocate for price controls. When those were implemented in '71 by the Nixon administration, they were a complete disaster.

What's worth recognizing is the Fed's reluctance to act 2-3y ago and restrain monetary policy that flooded the economy with cash (e.g., bond purchases) had and continues to have a large effect on inflation. Along with an overly generous fiscal policy involving pandemic relief programs across two administrations, this was just a bad combination and we're paying the price for that now. Supply disruptions - many causes for these - are also a major contributor to inflation and I'm reading that how quickly these resolve, and they will but when is the question, will determine in large measure how quickly the Fed is able to bring inflation down with interest rate increases soft enough to not kill the economy and precipitate a recession.

The point is that the inflation problem that is wreaking havoc in our economy goes way beyond the policies of Joe Biden, currently the popular target of it's cause. I'm definitely not a Joe Biden fan but not becasue he is somehow solely responsible for gas prices or the 40% increase in the price of your grocery basket at check-out. I don't want him to run in 2024 and if he does, I won't vote for him and I'll abstain if Trump ends up as the R candidate.
                              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; June 14, 2022, 10:55 AM.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Nice word salad.

You had me at Putin.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X