Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astute
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I have sourced Malort.

And the angels joined in holy chorus at the majesty of an oft-inebriated Louisiana Hilljack and his god-like network of ethanol resources.

Amen.

Now, if I can get a few cases of Old Style to go with the bounty of Italian Beef sandwich makings and Chicago dogs, the wondrous Windy City Tribute Retirement Feast of 2022 will be afoot.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Oh, and Talent, I long ago finished that bottle of Slivovitz you gifted me years back and my birthday is drawing nigh.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Duly noted. Old Style and Malort can both go to hell. However, I really miss Italian beef sandwiches. Those you just can't find anywhere else. And, of course, you either get them dipped or you're a sociopath and twatwaffle.

Comment

• It’s like the Ferdi Special po-boy from New Orleans. A dive called Mother’s. It’s roast beef and ham and you can get it dipped “with extra debris” (little pieces of extra roast beef from the pot of roast beef au jus that they dip the sandwiches in).

Good people get it dipped with extra debris. The clinically insane philistines get it dry.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Duly noted. Old Style and Malort can both go to hell. However, I really miss Italian beef sandwiches. Those you just can't find anywhere else. And, of course, you either get them dipped or you're a sociopath and twatwaffle.
              My restaurant serves all the Chicago faves including an authentic Chicago Dog, Deep Dish Pizza and Italian Beef sandwich...key with the latter is the bread as we have to source special bread to withstand the dip/double dip...if someone wants no dip it's akin to ordering ketchup on a Chicago Dog. The giardiniera and pepperocini peppers are also key and of course the slow cooked chuck roast. I get a lot of people from Chicago traveling through...they love the taste of home and all my Bears memorabilia.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yeah, the bread is important. Portillo's has an option for a croissant instead but I never get it because the thing is just falling apart if you dip it.

There's too many italian beef joints around Chicago to count but I've had all the major chains: Portillo's, Buona, Al's...

Comment

• Al's is my clear #1...Johnnie's is probably #2 with Portillo's a distant 3rd
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The giardiniera and pepperocini peppers are also key and of course the slow cooked chuck roast.
                    Along with the bread, it's the giardiniera. Honestly, most competent people can do a roast. That's not hard. Making sure the bread and peppers are right, though -- that's where it's at.

And Al's is #1. But, I also really liked Clark Street Dog, mostly because it was a block from apartment and a routine 3am weekend stop. JFC, that I miss those sandwiches.

Comment

• Need to try that next time I go to Bullet City...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I've legit been to hole in the wall Mexican places out there that happened to have an Italian beef on the menu just to satisfy fat Uncle Lou in case you dragged him along to eat sumthin' he don't wanna eat. It really is funny how ubiquitous they are around Chicago and almost non-existent anywhere else. Although they are slightly more common now outside Illinois than maybe a decade ago.

An even more obscure italian sandwich is the chicken spiedie. I only know about them from going to school in upstate NY. Huge around Binghamton. They're pretty good but it's been years since I had one.

Comment

• The Chicago Italian Beef sandwich is like the cheesesteak to Philly.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• And now to end the era of good feelings & food with something about last night

Noah Rothman writes that the biggest revelation from last night's hearing may have been that for a few hours that Wednesday afternoon, Mike Pence was basically running the country and the one who called out the National Guard. Milley testified under oath too that Mark Meadows called him up the day after and effectively instructed him to help cover this up. Milley ignored him.

The January 6 Commission’s Biggest Reveal - Noah Rothman, Commentary Magazine

Comment

• Hollywood theatre mislabeled as serious when in fact it is mostly fiction.

Yes gripping television.

guffaw
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's too bad that they wouldn't do a prime time special on Tales from Epstein Island. I might even watch THAT.

Comment

Working...
                                X